Chapter Seven: Oberis

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

Oberis

 

            There she stood above the raging storms that encompassed the entire planet. She was high up in space, so high that she could see the whole planet. Two enormous storms the size of the two continents were struggling to wrestle whatever life force there was left to fuel their monstrosity. The enormity of their existence could not withstand the boundaries set up by nature so in time they were bound to shrivel and die.

            The two storms pulled at each other, she stood there paralyzed as if she was beneath those horrendous clouds. One storm reeked of thunder and lightning while the other boasted of scorching HOT water vapors! She guessed the owner of the latter being either one of the royal princesses of Salmaria or Queen Jiyoung herself. Those hot and humid clouds could only come from Salmaria. She stared at the other storm and calculated its origins, based from the direction of the newly formed clouds joining the titanic thunderstorm she could conclude that it came from Wyndox. She was a bit confused though she had seen the Wyndoxian regem in battle and he could never create a storm like this.

            Something was definitely amiss, is this the end she seeing or merely a premonition? She gasped as her body moved on its own dragging her to the chaos beneath the clouds. She screamed as she tried to break free from whatever enchantment that had taken over her but it was of no use. She closed her eyes in fright.

            She opened them and she screamed for help when she found herself surrounded by dark waters. She was choking and was about to drown as the waters pulled her down into the depths. She was fought hard for her life. Just when she was about to let go she was lifted up again and she found herself standing atop a mountain soaked to her core because of the flood waters. Giant tornadoes formed before her eyes and it wrecked everything in its path. People fled but it was of no avail more and more tornadoes were formed. She tried to run and hide but she was pulled by the winds and thrown into the air.

            She fell into dry grass after the tornado threw her, she saw smoke! Buildings were burning! Smoke everywhere as a huge forest fire came to life. The lighting continually scorched the trees in its path while fire twisters ignited the whole forest. Smoke was filling her lungs so she ran! Everything was pitch black so she without knowing fell into a pit.

 

            Crown princess Hyoyeon woke up rasping for air, she couldn’t breathe her lungs were still filled with smoke and her body felt like a prune from the water. What just happened she asked herself then she screamed when she realized that she was indeed drenched and soot covered her hands and a few places of her face. Her hair was a mess, it was tangled and wet.

            Her scream was heard by her attendants who gasped at her appearance. She was soaking wet in her nightgown while some parts of her body were covered with soot.

            “My lady what has happened?” her attendant Ye-eun asked in absolute worry.

            She knew what had happened to her. She had travelled to the future yet again this time against her will.

            “I need to see her majesty!” she said as she left her bedroom still drenched. Her ladies followed her screaming for her to fix herself.

            She had no time plus her appearance would surely make her mother believe!

            She stormed into the throne room where everyone gasped while her mother stood there uncaring.

            “Your majesty I need a word with you.” She said but the queen merely looked annoyed.

            “What is it now Venus (her other name) another one of your endless doomsday prophecy?” the queen said sarcastically.

            “But this is different look at me! Something is about to happen! Two storms would destroy most of Archaneaux! I have seen it like I was there!” she argued.

            “I cannot believe you would resort to something so low!” the queen bellowed she then ordered her guards to take the princess to her room.

            Before she was dragged out she heard the queen say

            “I am certain that that child has gone mad”

            While nobles mocked her saying

            “You should know the difference between premonitions and delusions your highness” they said that while they laughed at her.

            Tears formed in her eyes as she was humiliated by her mother yet again.

 

            She sat in her study reading the books that belong to her late phama (female who donated the seed but did not carry the baby). She cried unconsciously as memories of her childhood flashed before her eyes. Her attendant lady Ye-eun rushed to her side as she began to fade again into time.

            She opened her eyes and she found herself in her phama’s study which meant that she was in the past. Her study used to belong to her phama before he was savagely murdered by one of the nobles.

            She traced her hand against the familiar books that she had read when she was older. She sat down and started reading the books just then a familiar looking woman entered the room. She had pitch black hair and deep green eyes, small curved lips and a cute nose. She wore a deep green dress that had no parting at the middle; it was a pretty simple dress just as its wearer a simple yet extremely intelligent woman.

            “Phama!” she said crying as ran to the woman. She was comforted and her phama gently patted her head. She cried her heart out letting all her hatred for her mother pour like waterfalls.

            “What has she done to you now?” her phama asked.

            She shared what had occurred to her the humiliation that she had felt and the loneliness that had engulfed her the day that she lost her phama.

            “I am sorry child deeply I am” she said sadly. “I wish I could be there but you know according to what you have said I will not live to see you grow.”

            “Then let me change the past! Let me save you I can stay longer!” she begged.

            “No Yeonnie-ah! My death has a purpose in the future you cannot change my fate.”

            She cried harder she wanted to save her phama, to stop whatever was coming but she knew that she could not mess with time. She was grateful enough that time would let her see her dead phama she could not be ungrateful for that.

            “Listen all you can do is to be strong! Never ever give up! Make me proud my little girl make me proud!”

            The room vanished and she ended up in a different place. She saw Jessica sitting in a field of flowers. She happily waved at the princess of Clairevane who waved back at her with the same enthusiasm. She was sure they were somewhere in Spruxia because it was unlike Sica(Jessica) to stay long in Velvereaux. Her best friend wore a deep blue gown that was studded with sapphires and embroidered with edelweiss flowers. She approached the princess who was busy making a crown of flowers made with assortment of roses and daisies. The princess of Clairevane was like a child innocent and unblemished how she envied her.

            “Hey Hyo come I made you a crown!” Jessica said gleefully, handing her the beautiful crown that she had made.

            “Eish Sica these are roses right? Don’t roses have thorns?” She asked playfully.

            “Silly Hyo of course I removed the thorns would I let your pretty head get injured?” Jessica said cutely Hyoyeon could not help but pinch and kiss her cheeks. She understood clearly why the crown princesses of  Valtareau and Spruxia adored their sister.

            “So how long are you going to hide here?” she asked her best friend who was busying herself with making another crown.

            “Forever.” Jessica said innocently.

            “You know Yuri has been trying to find you for days now.” she told her friend .Yuri the crown princess of Beltraine was madly in love with Jessica.

            Jessica’s expression suddenly darkened, she always became cold at the mention of her fiancé. It always made her wonder what was wrong with the two.

           “Do you not love her Sica-ya?” she blurted out she had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter