Chapter Sixteen: Aone

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                The land of the silver sky, it was the term used for hundreds of years to describe the land in between the heart of storms and the land of trees. It was situated at the east end of the continent just a sea away from the regnorum of endless time, of dreams and of course the dreaded land of the barbaric warriors of Celaria. At its border near Wyndox it is surrounded by tall continental mountain ranges that at some degree block out the harsh aftermaths of the endless storms that the wind masters brew. Most of the areas beyond these mountain ranges are flat and people called it as the great plains of Tartharac, these are vast stretches of fertile soil replenished and made fruitful by the network of rivers running across the whole area. These networks of rivers all flood their banks during the summer season. Near the borders of Rysia large dunes can be found as well as numerous active faults while deep gorges fill the land in between it and the regnum of Enri. The border towards Erraius is filled with jagged mountains and a few active volcanoes. The southern portion of the regnum boasts of wide forests that were the result of the warm weather coming from the Shou Ocean. The geographical location of the regnum made a fertile land at the same time the one most prone to natural disasters because it was constantly feeling the wrath of the winds as well as the tantrum of fire as a result though the land was fertile not many civilizations choose to camp within its plains. The weather in the regnum is divided into two since the regnum stretched over the largest portion of continent Aone which was the name of this regnum was the largest in regnum in Tartharac. The northern lands had the climate of the four seasons while the southern end had the climate of the tropics. Due to this the features of the people were also diversified because different conditions resulted into different races and a somewhat not so unified culture.

            The southern Aonians had black hair and a copper skin complexion, black irises, a nicely shaped nose that were not to flat nor to high and round fuller lips. The life amongst the trees made then well built since the lived upon the lumber and the products of the forest. Most of them were moderate in height and had broad shoulders and a well chiseled face. Northern Aonians were the exact opposite of the south they had blondish brown hair and fair complexion this was the result of their climate and their lifestyle. They had tinted irises and thin lips. Unlike their southern counterpart the northerners had taller physic and a not so buffed body though were muscularly built they were a bit too feminine compared to those of the south. Though they had their differences they had one thing in common and that was the fact they were all very handsome a trait that almost all of Tartharac knew of. But unlike their vanity obsessed neighbors Aonians rarely took notice of their appearance they viewed this as a weakness since they knew women paid close to this and doing so weakens their manliness. They were more into numerous competitions than as to who was the handsomest. Marriage to Aonians was more of a contractual business than a romantic type thus words such as love were vaguely mentioned in their homes. Those of the north were considered to have a more complicated way of life in regards to laws founded as compared to the simple lifestyle of the south. The north in their own subconscious mind nurtured a more father lenient mentality as opposed to the southerners who have a more magi oriented lifestyle. Though both have different cultures they both know and consider themselves as a more civilized regnum as compared to their neighbors.

            The geographical location of the regnum made it an extreme necessity to have very stable infrastructures that stood the test of natural disasters as well as the erosion of time. The buildings were tall cylindrical shaped buildings with no sharp edges so as to let the wind flow freely against it. These were very tall buildings with thick walls and layered glass that were made so thick that not even the strongest wind could break through from it. Aonians valued knowledge above all so it was in this field that they exemplified their talent and their mastery skills. They poured their time and resources upon the very thing that would divide them from the rest and that was the ability to create machines to do their bidding. Aone was center of knowledge in Tartharac the lesser counterpart of Winaris in Celaria. They exemplified this in their architectural achievements creating marvelous sky rise metropolises that were built to be compact and behemoth so as to block out the winds. The foundations were made to sway against the constant rocking of earthquakes brought about by the huge active faults surrounding Aone. These metropolises were the epitome of their hard work the buildings were connected by huge metal bridges that served as the support beam of the structures preventing them from collapsing in times of distress. The Aonian skyline was filled with flying vehicles that were the mode of transportation for the people. Aone was known all through Tartharac for their massive fleet for airships that were heavily armed with weapons of war mostly used against rebellious small regnorum. These were of course hardly used in the present era but the warships were used during the time of the great Rysian war wherein Aone brought down the tyrant massive empire that controlled the whole of Tartharac. The city plans of the metropolises were extremely organized and well-marked getting lost in Aone was almost impossible. The buildings were built circularly around the main magisterium (government buildings) which was located at the heart of the city and around it were the buildings that belonged to the nobles then the citizens’ area then at the border of the city walls were the armed forces. This ensured that the city was able to defend itself against an attack in times of war. This plan was followed by all metropolises including the capital but on a larger sense and the imperial palace was located at the heart of the city surrounded by the magisterium. The ensured that the flow of governance in the city was flawless and the information passed reached the people at the same speed.

            Because of their differences in climate they had different styles in clothing. The south preferred lighter fabrics and bright colors while the north preferred heavier fabrics and the color white for their clothing. The color white to the northerners symbolized equality amongst the people so as a way to stop or to pacify disputes between the citizens later on this was adapted by the south to end the growing trend of wearing elaborate clothing. The current mode of dressing for the whole regnum was the simple combination of tight trousers paired with white long sleeved shirts with a vest and a long cape or coat overtop. The footwear was plain boots that were made of leather dyed white. People had short hair the longest length would be just below the shoulders but this was generally reserved for the nobles and not for the people.

            The subculture of aristocratic rule existed long before the regnum did during the time of the old when the small but peaceful regnum of Silverixe existed; they were the ancestors of Aonians. Silverixe was conquered by Rysian and its people were forced into labor and were treated as slaves by their oppressors from the once peaceful and amiable nature of this old regnum rose a culture that despised the barbarians that conquered them, destroyed and plundered their sacred lands. Though Rysia was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter