Chapter 21: Into The War Zone

Kingdom Era: Journey to the Land of Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

Into the war zone

 

Heiyan Bay, Rysian Warship         

          The combined forces of Erraius and Aone launch a full frontal attack on the Spruxian forces. Aonian ships rain missiles upon the troops stationed at the wall while Earth Masters from Erraius send wave after wave of earthquake upon the island shaking up the earth, causing massive tsunamis to crash against the wall. Rysian forces are triggering the volcanoes below the sea to erupt and cause even greater damage to the wall of earth and to those defending it. The Aonian flagship has taken shelter at the back of the flank near the Errusian Main ship in fear of being pulled to the sea by the Spruxian monster vines. The royals of the three regnorum are currently discussing a back- up plan just in case their first joined attempt fails. Prince Yuto of Aone is masterminding the attack and King Kazuya is in-charge of finding faults in Prince Yuto’s tactics, while King Masuda is giving all out advice to the admirable young prince of Aone. The three royals dressed in their military suits have been staying up all night thinking of ways to win the war.

          “If the first assault fails we can try and aerial attack.” Prince Yuto said while walking around the miniature replica of the Heiyan bay.

          “Yes we can try that or better yet Masuda can we try a bottom assault?” King Kazuya asks while looking directly at the replica of the island. The King is also admiring himself as his gaze travels to the waters of the replica.

          “A bottom attack will be good! They will never expect it since we are fronting the island.” Prince Yuto agrees while estimating the outcome of the assault as he positions himself at the north end of the replica.

          “Or we could try a rear assault we could go around the island undetected.” King Masuda suggests while tracing his fingers across the bay.

          “No that won’t work your majesty they are station at the back of the island it will be impossible for us to get through.” Prince Yuto answers.

          “A bottom attack will be better. Masuda you can distract them with another rain of fire.” King Kazuya suggests after fixing his jewel embedded overcoat.

          “Aonian forces will plunge into the sea and swim to the bottom of the wall.” Prince Yuto said.

          “But that will be hard we will need a large battalion in order to execute that plan.” King Masuda counters.

          “The disappearance of the Aonian forces in action will be noticed.” King Kazuya states while becoming serious.

          “We cannot risk sending a few men.” Prince Yuto said calmly then turns to King Kazuya.

          “Is your majesty the only member of the Circle who has agreed to join?”

          King Masuda also turns his attention away from the replica towards King Kazuya.

          “No Naris has also agreed to join. Yuichi is still building his force.” King Kazuya answers.

          “What about Shou?” King Masuda asks, at that question King Kazuya’s disposition changes.

          “You mean that coward Ninomiya? He has not agreed to join, he is being a chicken as usual!” King Kazuya said annoyedly.

          Prince Yuto smiled. He knew there are issues amongst the kings which never seem to die.

          “What about Enri your highness?” Prince Yuto asked.

          At Prince Yuto’s question the two kings laughed.

          “Jin is stuck in Enri as usual I swear that man may have accidentally glued his onto his throne!” King Kazuya said while laughing out loud.

          “Babysitting his son again as usual I reckon.” King Masuda said lightheartedly. Prince Yuto is somewhat relieved to see the King of Rysia in a good mood. For four days he has never seen King Masuda relax he is always tensed and always brooding.

          “Since Naris will join us then our problem is solved. We just have to make sure Spruxian forces do not detect their arrival in the bay.” Prince Yuto said while positioning some of mini Aonian ships near the wall.

          “All we have to do is distract them while you help Yuichi’s forces enter the island.” King Masuda said. For the first time since the war begun he is finally seeing victory.

 

Arachnides

          Plates clattered as dish after dish skipped out of the royal kitchen into the grand dining room of the palace. The Queen and her children are about to have their lunch. They enter the large oval shaped room lined with wooden panels and decorated with prized heads of the animals they have slain in the seasonal hunt. The whole dining room was beautiful and cozy, fire crackled upon the large stone fireplace at the north end of the room while the massive dining table was located at the center. The dining table is oval in shape carved with scenes of family life its legs are slender and curved adding a sense of finesse to the rustic style room. High back fur covered dining chairs surround the table and warm animal rugs beautifully sewn together cover the floor beneath the dining table. Large chandeliers made of assembled animal horns and elephant ivory hang from the ceiling. Exotic plants are placed at the corners while marble statues portraying family life complete the deco of the room. The queen calmly sat at the head of the table facing the large wall rug showing the family tree of Arachnides. Her six children sat around the table with her youngest Crown Princess Sooyoung sitting at her right and her eldest daughter royal princess Blaze at the left. They are dressed in the typical style of the regnum with velvet underskirts that clings to the shape of the body showing beautiful S-lines topped off with animal skin. The queen was wearing a drakon gown today which meant that her overskirt is made of drakon skin, the obsidian like skin glows whenever the light hits it. She has a simple fox cape over her shoulders and her hair is braided around the head. Her daughters are dressed exactly like her the only difference is the type of skin used for their overskirt. The princesses had their hair tied into a crown braid securely kept in place by jewel studded pins. After they have been properly seated the royal kitchen staffs begin to bring in their meal. Protein packed foods and a very high-carb diet make up the menu; while they eat they talk about the issues of the regnum.

          The Crown princess is incredibly hungry today and she ends up devouring most of the dishes. The Queen laughs at her youngest’s insane appetite whereas the other princesses besides Royal princess Blaze gawk at her.

          “Soo slow down it’s not like we are going to run out of food.” Princess Raeyi rebukes her sister while smiling. The queen on the other hand finds it amusing.

          “Can’t slow down unnie I have to fill myself up so I will be ready for the assembly this afternoon, right mother?” Crown princess Sooyoung said while chomping down a huge leg of a pig that’s been roasted. They laugh at the crown princess reaction and continue their meal. It will indeed be a big day for the regnum because they are preparing for war.

Velvereaux

          The Arachnidan army stretches as far as the eyes can see. Military camps are stationed all over the coastline of Velvereaux hidden from view with the help of the Velvereauan armed forces. They are stationed there by decree of Valtareau after the meeting of the Celarian royals. The red and black colors of Arachnides flies proudly in the sky as horde after horde of soldiers enter the camps. The Velvereauan army is also on standby ready to assist the surely wounded Spruxian forces. The queen of Arachnides stands upon the hill overlooking the coastline fully clad in her pitch black drakon armor. Her face is hidden behind her mask and on her right hand is her poison spear is topped with a diamond blade. Her presence alone can scare the wits out of any enemy. She is terrifying and majestic at the same time. To her right is Queen Yifei clad in white armor that is hidden behind a long fur coat. Both royals look at the Heiyan Bay watching the proceedings of the war.

          “What is taking Minyoung so long?!” Queen Wansun hissed in her cold and stoic voice.

          “She has her pride unnie.” Queen Yifei answers her calmly. “We just have to wait.”

          “Pride will kill her look at the devastation those barbarians have brought to the island.” Queen Wansun said while looking at the ruins of the once beautiful island.

          Their conversation is disrupted when one of Queen Wansun’s generals approach them. The two royals turn their attention to the newcomer and ask her what news she brings.

          “The Oberis forces have reached Salmaria your majesties. Queen Michelle is awaiting your go signal.” General Lim informs then.

          “Send her a message that we are merely awaiting Spruxia’s signal so her troops have to be ready anytime.” Queen Wansun orders. After the general has left Queen Wansun looks at the island once more.

          “Are your healers ready?” She asks queen Yifei, the latter only smiles and replies.

          “They are always ready.”

 

Heiyan Bay, Aonian Air Fleet

          Prince Chinen of Wyndox sat at the bay window of his quarters as he watched the war going on beneath him. He is dressed like an Aonian and his hair is carefully arranged. He is beginning to worry since Prince Yuto, his fiancé has been working for four days now. Prince Yuto hardly sleeps anymore and he fears that Yuto might faint from exhaustion. His eyes darted towards the giant wall of earth that keeps on rebuilding itself like a plague. The war has been waging on for 11 days now and there seems to be no end to it. He seriously wants to help but he knew that he cannot act rashly just because his heart is telling him so.

          He stands up and decides to leave the room for a while. He makes his way to the balcony overlooking the indoor garden of the ship. He looks up at the sky and sees that it is nearing twilight, he smiles at the thought of seeing the stars. He is startled when a pair of arms hugs him from the back. He turns and sees Prince Yuto grinning down at him.

          “I’m sorry for always being so busy and not having time for you.” Prince Yuto said while he rests his head on Chinen’s shoulder. The prince of Wyndox merely smiles and says that he understands.

          “You know you can go out if you want to. I figure that you are getting bored inside the ship.” Prince Yuto said.

          “Really? I’ve been dying to see the stars lately. Do you want to go with me?” Prince Chinen asks while turning to face Prince Yuto.

          “I can’t fly!” Prince Yuto protests but Prince Chinen happily drags him and jollily says.

          “I can. Come on it’ll be fun plus we can fly over the island unnoticed.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter