"No Other Than..."

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Kai decided to go to school earlier than usual, informing his mom that he needed to catch up with some school related things.

“What? This early?” His mom asked, still wearing an apron since she just finished cooking breakfast for both of them. She frowned a bit, showing her puppy eyes as if she was begging him to stay a little longer.

“Yeah, I need to go early since I need to catch up with some notes and assignments.” Kai gave her a warm smile, hugging her before he walked his way over to the couch to get his bag. “And, oh, yeah! I almost forgot…” Kai said, looking at her. “…I have to do after-school activities for a few days…maybe weeks…not sure…” he trailed off, scratching his head. He then let out a sheepish grin. “Well, you see, the principal called me again yesterday and he said that-”

“He did what?!” His mom yelled, gasping as she placed her hands to her hips. “Sweetie, what did you do again this time?” She heaved a sigh, putting her hand on her forehead as she closed her eyes in disappointment.

“He said my grades were slipping…” Kai laughed, but more on like forcing himself to laugh once he saw her look up at him with tired eyes. He then tried his best to change the atmosphere by changing the mood by saying, “No, no, no~ HAHAHA. Well, he said uhm…uh, you see, he said that if I…that if I do after-school activities, he won’t expel me.” Kai’s grin widened once he saw his mother let out a sigh of relief.

“After-school activities?” She managed to ask. “What do you do after school then?”

“Uh…I…I…uhm, I tutor kids…” Kai forced himself to smile. “…and I clean the cafeteria after school, and…uhm..what else…” Kai paused, biting his lips as he looked up at the ceiling to figure out what more he had to do. “…I pretty much help with random stuff, Mom.”

“Random stuff?” she asked again, and Kai dropped his smile and let out a sigh of frustration. “Random stuff like what? Tell me.” She gave him that intimidating smile.

“Well, when I said random stuff, I meant that…I follow everything he says, like…if he wants me to clean his , I will…” Kai said in a serious tone. “…I mean, it’s not like I want to, but…” he chuckled. “…yeah, do you get it now?”

“No. I still don’t get it. Now stop swerving the topic, sweetie, and tell me what you really mean.” She sounded pissed already, and Kai couldn’t help but tell her the truth.

“Okay, okay, fine.” Kai sighed. “I seriously don’t know.” He frowned once again. “I mean, if he says I will clean the cafeteria, I will, and if he says I will tutor and help the kids with their own after-school activities, I will…and I just do everything he asks me to do because he’s keeping an eye on me.” Kai cursed under his breath, feeling annoyed about the topic as well. “All I know is that I have to clean the cafeteria, tutor kids and pick other people’s garbage, but that’s ALL I KNOW! I feel like he’ll bombard me with more stuff to do!”

“Well, it doesn’t sound that bad.” His mom smiled again, walking over to him and caressing his cheeks. “If it’ll help you pass this year then go for it.”

“But mom~” Kai whined, pouting at her. “I…I…I-Okay, I’m only doing this for you since I seriously have no plans after high school…I don’t even know if I want to go to college, or, oh! To make it worse, I don’t even know if any colleges wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter