"Your Wings Will Get Wet"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stared at the sky, wondering when the sun would be up. He didn't even get the chance to sleep and his eyes were now red, he guessed, but he didn't care. He didn't have time to care, especially since he felt Ae Sook was somehow disappointed and frustrated, and though Kai knew he was somehow slow at getting things at certain times, he knew he wasn't wrong this time. He definitely knew why she was mad.

 

Surprisingly, it was windy, and deep inside, eventhough he was still as down as ever, he silently thanked the heavens for drying his tears; he liked feeling the wind caress his face - like how he always caresses Ae Sook's, but now, that thought didn't even fill his mind because all he thought about was how he would react when she'd arrive, and what he'd say if and ever she really would explode and throw a fit at him. Some part of him wanted to blame Ae Sook's dad since he was literally dragging her away from him with so much force, but eventhough that was somewhat correct, Kai could also blame himself for interfering and stopping them, and now, a bit of him was saying that Ae Sook's dad was lecturing her now, forcing her not to see him again - Kai didn't want that.

 

He wanted to see Ae Sook's face everyday. Every moment, he wanted Ae Sook to be beside him, with him, and every morning, till the day he'd die, he swore to himself that he liked to see only Ae Sook's face first thing in the morning, and if possible, only her. But that would be too difficult since it was impossible. No one liked for them to be together. Every single person he knew didn't want for them to be together - everyone opposed! He didn't know why since everyone kept on saying, 'If you're happy then I'm happy,' and when he finally wanted to show the world that he cared for her, and that he wanted to show them that he, indeed, was happy with her, they would find all ways to break them apart; it seemed as if they didn't want him to be happy. It was wrong to bring other people down, to destroy their peace and joy to find your own kind of happiness, and that's exactly what they did to him, and Kai found it unfair.

 

Just like everyone else, he deserved his own kind of happiness, too.

 

Why did life seem to hate him?

 

For minutes, he stayed there and waited. The sky didn't have any color but plain darkness, just like how Kai kissed her backstage, where only both of them were in the darkness, unseen, and it felt great. But this time, it didn't feel great because somehow, his insides were flipping and his stomach was churning, and Kai, then again, didn't know why. But he guessed that it was because he was nervous. He was nervous to see Ae Sook again after all that had happened. Kai felt embarrassed in all ways possible, and for giving a bad impression to her father? Kai thought he was dead meat.

 

His back rested against the tree and with one arm resting on his folded knee and one hand pulling some grass, he continued to stare at a distance, not being able to see anything since there was no light, apart from the light given off from the stars, but even the stars were hiding, and some still bold enough to show their brightness to Kai - but even their light wasn't enough and it was as if they understood Kai's situation as well, like they were saying everything was fine, like they were cradling Kai in their arms, embracing him and telling him everything was okay.

 

But nothing was fine. And nothing was okay.

 

For a second, he thought that Ae Sook gave him false hope by telling him that they'd meet, but as he waited for so long, he began to worry, and that tiny bit of him saying that he was being lied to was immediately shrugged off of his mind.

 

Ae Sook was an angel and she wouldn't hurt him, Kai said to himself.

 

The sound of someone clearing their throat made him jump up and whip his head around, just to see the person he had been waiting for, the person he had been expecting.

 

And she was oh so beautiful.

 

Ae Sook, wearing a floral dress with her hair down - which was unusual since she began tying it up nowadays - stared back at him, and that was the only time Kai knew he needed to inhale some fresh air because he knew it was Ae Sook who kept him breathless.

 

"Y-Y-You look beautiful," Kai stuttered, letting out a sheepish grin as he walked his way to her slowly, but casually. "like always," he managed to continue as he finally decided to let oxygen fill his lungs once again, but still finding it too hard to breathe normally because she was there, and it was just hard if she was there since she just knew how to take his breath away all the time, never failing. When he smiled down at her, she continued to stare back at him, her eyes not glistening like usual, and for once, she didn't return him a smile - even a small one. Kai, now taken aback, brought his hand to her face to plant a kiss onto her lips and to ask her what was wrong, but as he did so, his hand was being held by her cold pair, setting his hand aside as she spoke in a hurry, avoiding his kiss.

 

"Kai, we need to talk," Ae Sook said, biting her lips as she brought one hand to the back of her neck and the other one shrugging Kai's hand which he didn't dare put to his sides since yes, there was something wrong with her, and if he couldn't at least kiss her or touch her, then there was something wrong.

 

Something wrong somewhere.

 

Those four words: We Need To Talk, was a dreadful thing to him and the more he thought about it, and what it meant, the more his heart beat faster and the more his insides ached; Kai's inner self was practically screaming help right now, but it was Ae Sook who was torturing him inside, slowly, as if she didn't give any mercy. There was no mercy at a time like this.

 

The tension became intense, and though the breeze was still there, even blowing some of Ae Sook's hair to cover half of her face, it still felt hot, and Kai was burning. It suddenly felt a thousand degrees warmer, and Kai knew Ae Sook felt it, too, but it was her who created the heat, and Kai guessed she didn't feel the exact same thing he was feeling right now. She was making it difficult for him.

 

"What? What's wrong?" Kai asked, in a state of panic, and even his voice seemed to break, and for a moment, he felt as if he had some sort of stage fright, as his voice seemed to stop right there, and only there, refusing to get out, like how a dog is when it rains, as it prefers staying in its cage until the rain stops. And Kai felt the same thing, him knowing that his inner self wanted to hide, too, until Ae Sook would stop stabbing him. Ae Sook was the rain, letting him hide inside like a cowardly dog in its cage, and she, as well, was creating rain - pain - and it was unbearable.

 

Rain was his fear and rain was Ae Sook.

 

Rain was pain, and pain was tears.

 

And before he could say another sentence, he felt tears brim in the corner of his eyes and that's when he felt hot tears fall from them, and it was just hot, and it hurt. Kai was hurting, but would she even get that in the first place? She was hurting him, couldn't she see?

 

It pained Kai because he knew Ae Sook was about to do something that would stab him a million times more, in the guts, in his chest, in his heart.

 

Because Ae Sook was stabbing his heart slowly but she couldn't see that.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter