"A Rare Gem"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a weekend and Kai was on his bed, staring at nothing but space. He got bored and just sighed for the nth time that day, finding nothing to do. He shuffled from left to right, ruffling his hair in annoyance, but decided to stare at the ceiling. Kai began to think he was crazy for admiring the plain white color of his ceiling, so he sat up and did nothing but think.

He thought more about life, friends…

Love…

Kai only loved a selected amount of people, for example, his mom, Chanyeol, maybe his other ‘friends’ like Kris, Sehun and Luhan, and probably…well, probably…

Wait, that’s pretty much it, Kai thought. He tilted his head to the side and thought again.

That’s impossible. There’s supposed to be more. Don’t tell me I only love a few people. I can even count them! I’m not even sure if I really love Kris, Sehun and Luhan; they really aren’t good friends, honestly. But I still do care about them.

As he kept thinking, halfway through, he gave up and stopped trying.

He really did love a few, but not everyone.

“Kai, honey?” Kai snapped out of his thoughts as he heard a familiar voice behind his door. He immediately stood up, not even bothering to think twice because he knew who owned that sweet voice. He knew that person very well.

Once he unlocked the door, a smile broke out, making him look more handsome. He really did smile when he looked at her.

“Mom,” Kai couldn’t help but grin wider as she smiled back. He immediately wrapped his arms around his mother’s waist, pulling her closer to his warm body, not intending to let go of her soon. “I missed you, Mom.” He said truthfully, caressing his mother’s back as she responded, resting her head on her son’s broad chest, feeling his heart beat at a normal pace.

“Kai, baby, what do you mean? I never left the house. I was here yesterday as well after you came home from school, don’t you remember?” She said, looking up at him, showing him her smile. “You even hugged me when you saw me. Baby, don’t scare me.”Her smile immediately dropped, and she was now frowning at him. He chuckled.

“No, I just…I just missed you. I love you, Mom.” Kai grinned at her, hugging her tighter once more, then he let go, giving her time to breathe. “I love you so much and I don’t want to lose you. Not ever. Please don’t leave me. I…I…I don’t know, maybe I’m scared that someday-”

“Baby, I won’t ever leave you.” His mother assured him, his hair lovingly as he leaned against her touch. “Eventhough your father left us, I will never leave you like the way he did; that would be stupid, immature and-”

“-Don’t mention him, Mom.” Kai’s face showed sadness, but he still tried his best to brighten up the mood. “All I know is that I love you!!!” he nodded his head like a baby and she laughed at his cuteness.

“I love you more, honey. More than you could ever imagine.”

More than you could ever imagine.

Those words were always there whenever his mother says ‘I love you’ to him. Her sentence would never feel complete if she didn’t add those simple yet deep words.

‘More than you could ever imagine.’

He took her hands and said, “You came to talk to me about something?” His eyes sparkled.

“Oh, I was just going to tell you to get ready because we’re going to Church.” His mother told him, and she continued by saying, “Baby, get ready; your food’s on the dining room table. Go downstairs after you’re all prepared, okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter