"Please Accept Him"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Ae Sook reached home, she closed the front door and sighed. She still had a small smile on her face as she thought of the small things Kai did to her that made her day complete. Eventhough it was late already, and that her body was tired from the day’s work, she still grinned to herself like there was no tomorrow. She still held onto the door knob, not wanting to let go because she was too afraid that if she did, she would lose all the important memories they had that day.

Her heart clenched, tightening more and more as she held onto the doorknob as if her life depended on it. She closed her eyes, praying to God to at least let her bear the pain a little longer. She couldn’t take it. Her chest felt heavy and just so tight, making it hard for her to breath.

God, please…not now. Not now…

She wasn’t ready. She needed to breathe once more, take in fresh air, but her knees wouldn’t move all of a sudden. A few hours ago, she was stronger, even carrying Kai to the clinic all by herself, but now, she didn’t know what has gotten into her body. The pain would come and go, but usually, it wouldn’t be that painful, but that moment, she wasn’t used to it.

She was about to open the door once again so she could walk and breathe air to make her relax, to soothe and gently calm her senses, but she fell on her knees even way before the door could open.

She felt like she lost hope, and most importantly, the energy to even stand up once more. Not having much choice, and much energy to stand, she used all her might to shout, to tell her father that she was home already.

“Dad! I-” Her breath hitched, and she panicked, breathing in and out as she let the tears fall to her cheeks. It was useless, but she wanted God to lead her, to protect her. “-I…I’m back!”

Ae Sook didn’t hear anything, but silence. She guessed that her father must have been out, but she didn’t expect him to answer with a loud face as if it had a hint of relief.

“Oh, my, where are you, my child?” Her father called from upstairs, and she heard doors slamming open and close as if he was looking for her, to search for her voice, and he continued. “I’ve been waiting for you, where were you?” his footsteps were nearing and Ae Sook looked up at him with tired eyes as he descended from the stairs. He gasped and ran to her, bringing her up slowly. “What happened?!”

He didn’t mean to shout, but he was just so worried. He wiped the sweat that was forming in Ae Sook’s sweet face, her cheek as he looked at her worriedly. “Where have you been, my darling. What happened?” He pulled her gently, giving her a tight hug. “Daddy was worried.”

“Father…” she sniffled as tears started to form in her eyes once again. “…it hurts. It hurts. I thought it stopped.” She cried more this time, choking on her own words and tears as she muttered sentences they both didn’t understand. Her father tried to stop his tears from falling, but seeing how hurt she was, how hurt his only daughter was, he couldn’t keep it all in, and he eventually cried along with her. “I-I…Daddy, I’m scared. Tell me this is not happen too soon. Daddy, I love you, I love you, please, please, I-I…I-I’m not r-ready and…” she paused, tightening her hug as her father responded. “…I wish mom was here. I’m still young, Dad. I’m only eighteen and I asked God to give me more time. B-But…I didn’t even get my list completed yet.”

There was a long silence before he spoke up, still embracing her. “My child, it’s not the end yet. God will give you more time. I know. Please, don’t give up. You’re the only one I have, so please be strong.”

She nodded, her eyes still bloodshot from all the crying. She looked up at him and nodded again, showing her small smile. “I love you, Dad. Please say you love me, too.” Ae Sook’s lips quivered as she said that. She knew her father loved her more than anything in this world, and that was why he was over protective of her. That was another reason why she couldn’t question him. She loved him, too.

“I will always love you, sweetie. Please don’t worry, please. It’s not time yet. Not yet.”

“Daddy, I need you. I love you. I’m sorry for all the things th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter