"Comfort Zones"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai woke up so early in the morning, and he just remembered that by this time, he was supposed to be giggling while reading their previous messages and just by thinking about Ae Sook, out of all the things to think about. At around this time, he was supposed to be talking with her on the phone, telling her repeatedly like he was a broken machine, that he liked her. More than liked her - he just couldn't bring himself to say those three special words. Kai, somehow, felt like Ae Sook liked him, but he wasn't sure if she loved him back, and that thought just makes him into a crying mess at times, but this wasn't the time to cry. This was a time to surprise someone.

 

He intended to wake up so early that day and he was now smiling to himself as he picked up a few pebbles from the ground, securing them in his hand before he climbed up that tree. Deep inside, he secretly thanked Luhan for teaching him how to climb a tree because heck, Kai thought, if he didn't know how, he wouldn't be climbing this big tree right now. Kai also thanked Sehun and Kris for supporting him in a way, allowing them to say, "Kai, don't be a and climb that tree! Or else we'll call you 'CHICKEN ' in the hallways!" and just by thinking about it, it made Kai chuckle because of those past memories; at least they encouraged him in their own way, to face his fear of heights, and now, Kai couldn't have done it without them. Luhan even showed him a couple of times, demonstrating how to do it properly, and multiple times he fell, but according to Luhan, "You can't see girls if you can't climb a tree, tard," but that didn't matter because Luhan was one crazy guy, and he had some pretty confused hormones, but Kai couldn't blame him; Lu was kind in his own way.

 

It took a few minutes for Kai to climb all the way up before he found himself sitting at a tree branch, making sure to stick his back to the hard trunk behind him so that he wouldn't fall. Inhaling and exhaling repeatedly, Kai showed his side smile before he took out the pebbles in his left pocket. Glancing at his surroundings, making sure no one else was there except him, he glanced down at the back garden just beneath him, all the way down, before he diverted his attention to the closed window right in front of him.

 

Well, Luhan, this better work, Kai thought, biting his bottom lip as he brought himself to throw a small pebble right at that window, making a small sound in the dark. The pebble landed on the flowers in that garden, but after that, Kai didn't hear anything else.

 

No sound.

 

He didn't hear a sound from inside as he got another pebble and made a shot, hitting the window once again. There was no response, and Kai was ticked off a bit. He decided to throw another pebble, but bigger this time, but to his surprise, it made a louder noise as it hit the window, and Kai cussed under his breath because he felt like he was going to get caught.

 

Come on, open the window, he said as he frowned, getting another pebble, ready to aim at that window in front of him once again. Before he could throw it, he decided to move closer to it; really, really, really close to it. It was so close that he could just move three inches more and he could go straight inside and succeed, but he couldn't go any further because he was pretty sure the tree branch was going to break any moment.

 

Yet, he silently hoped for someone to open the window because first of all, he made time and woke up so early just to come here, and second of all, it was freezing cold, and the wind wasn't helping, and third of all, he was practically risking his life because he could hear the tree branch make cracking noises just underneath his and he was pretty sure he was going to die any second from that moment. Well, here goes my life, Kai thought as he cried inside because he felt the tree branch go down little by little. He wasn't ready to die because for goodness sake, he didn't even have a life story yet because life just hated him and the tree hated him and the person inside that room hated him because the window wouldn't open so to hell with it.

 

And there he was, mouth shivering, and taking his last plan: to throw that damn pebble.

 

He made his last move and made that pose, ready to throw that big of a pebble straight to that window, but when he threw it, it was as if life was going in slow motion and she opened the window, earning a big hit in the forehead thanks to the pebble, and she hissed. It must've felt like she got a slap, Kai thought, judging by her reaction - rubbing her forehead; her red, red forehead.

 

"Kai, what are you doing here?" Ae Sook shrieked, still rubbing her forehead. When she realized Kai was practically on the borderline of death, she gasped and opened the window all the way up before she pulled Kai right in, holding him in her arms as he jumped in her room, landing on the floor with them on it, hissing at the pain they were feeling all throughout their bodies. Not a second later, the tree branch fell with a very loud thud. Their hearts were racing and they both thought the same exact thing, thanking God Kai survived.

 

With Kai on top of her in the dark and with her just under him, a split second later, Kai looked at Ae Sook, his eyes only on her. With his hair covering his eyes a bit, and his orbs showing a look Ae Sook familiarized herself with, he smiled a small smile. "That was close."

 

She stayed silent and without thinking, a couple of seconds after that, she brought her hand to Kai's hair, uncovering his eyes by setting those few hair strands away. He was so beautiful, and she missed being like this with him, all alone, in the dark, breathing the same air as him as he would look at her in the eyes.

 

"What are you doing here?" Ae Sook managed to whisper in the dark, still unconsciously running her hands through his soft hair. "You almost died right in front of me, Kai- And those pebbles? Kai, my heart almost dropped to my stomach seeing you there! You could have died!"

 

"At least I'm here now, huh?" Kai grinned idiotically, earning him a punch in his chest. "Ouch!"

 

"This isn't a joke!"

 

""I came here to surprise you," Kai said with his gorgeous smile. "I'm sorry for making you worry," he said. "Well, if I died right there, it's not like you'll care."

 

"Don't say that! Stop saying nonsense!" she half whispered, half screamed. "You know that I care!"

 

He then grinned, feeling proud.

 

"So am I forgiven now?"

 

"No," she answered with a laugh, no hesitation at all. "After all this? Nope, not yet."

 

"Come on, you know I wasn't planning on committing suicide and all," he whined. "Please forgive me now?"

 

"Nope."

 

He then smirked.

 

"If you want it the hard way, so be it," Kai threatened.

 

"What are-"

 

She was cut off when Kai captured her lips for a kiss. That was what she got when she played hard to get. There it was, Kai's warm lips on hers, and it felt great. She almost tried to forget his lips and their kiss but obviously, it was impossible - too impossible. It was Kai she was talking about.

 

When Kai approached her slowly while she was talking, she should've guessed by now that he was trying to kiss her. I mean, they've been spending time together for so long, but his eyes distracted her once again, causing her not to focus on his lips coming towards hers, trying to capture her own pair. And now there they were, kissing once more, just like before, and it didn't feel wrong this time. It felt rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter