"Forgive Me?"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you forgive me?" Kai said as soon as Ae Sook opened the front door to her house. With him looking like he was freaked out, probably thinking that she'd shut the door at his face, and with her staring at him like he'd made such a huge mistake of coming to her house, at her doorsteps, carrying a bouquet of flowers with both hands clasped around them, the silence hovered over them for a straight two minutes before finally, someone decided to speak up once again. "Ae Sook, I just- I'm sorry, alright? I'm terribly sorry, and if there is anything you'd want me to do, I'd-"

 

"Kai, didn't I tell you to go away?" Ae Sook said, ticked off, but still staring at that bouquet he was holding, all secured in his hands. It was Ae Sook's first time to ever receive flowers from a guy, and she was overheating inside and she turned into goo the moment she saw his face right at her doorstep, wearing that casual clothes of his, which resembled so much of Kai, and that was his style. He looked like a kicked puppy when she said that sentence and she wished she could take it back, but it was too late because he looked like he was about the size of an ant, and she was about to step on him. "Kai, I can't take any of this-"

 

"-Please, Ae Sook," Kai begged and he stepped closer till one hand of his was settled on her arm, caressing it slowly, like how sweet Jongin would do it. Like how Kai would do it. Oh how she missed his touch, and his gentle caress, and she hoped that moment wouldn't end, but it had, when she spoke again.

 

"You came all the way here to give me this?" she said, pointing at the bouquet. "And you expect me to forgive you that easily?"

 

"Look," Kai snapped, a bit irritated this time. "I've been trying to contact you for days, weeks, months! 3 months, Ae Sook! Can't you see that I won't give up? I won't give up that easily, you know?" He then continued not a second after. "Didn't they ever teach us not to give up? Didn't you tell me not to give up and keep living life? To smile while I still can?" He asked, tears b in the corner of his eyes, and he meant it. He meant everything, and she knew that he did because by now, tears were flowing out of his eyes and he cried. Kai cried, and Ae Sook felt guilty once again. She now knew she was the mean person who stepped on that ant, who kicked that innocent puppy. "I won't give up because you told me and showed me not to. I am living life and this is it; this is life. I want your forgiveness because isn't life about forgiving others? loving others and treating others like how you want to be treated? Just give me a chance, Ae Sook. I know I can do this, and I know we can do this. Together." She was stunned and he made her stumble backwards for a split second because he was different, and she loved him. She's always loved him, but now, everything was going too fast that she just now remembered that they fought, and she regretted it. Ae Sook never intended to hurt Kai. Never. "Remember when you told me to smile while I still can?" he asked her, searching for some answer in her eyes.

 

Ae Sook didn't bring herself to nod, but her eyes gave him the answer, and that was all that he needed.

 

"Well guess what? You make me smile," he stopped, then he continued once more. "Yes. You make me smile! You've made our times together so memorable and I'll never forget those memories, but if you'll allow me to just love you, and take care of you, if you just allow, then we can create much more memories together. I'm willing to take this long road with you and I'm willing to spend my time with you - just here loving yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter