"For The Fourth Time"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uh...What I meant was..." Kai stopped as he got distracted of Ae Sook's expression which showed that she was really creeped out. She stepped back, but Kai panicked and stopped her by putting his hands on her shoulders. "I...okay, that sounded wrong."

"What are you trying to say, Kai?" She still looked frightened, still looking at him with her big brown eyes.

"I won't hurt you..." He smiled. "...so don't worry." Kai let out a small chuckle which made a smile appear on her face. "I just need you."

"Need me?" Ae Sook blinked, tilting her head to the side. "If you're asking me to-"

"-No, it's not about ." He laughed which made her laugh as well. Her laugh was soft and gentle like her personality, and Kai felt a bit better as he calmed down and listened to her laugh.

"You scared me." She punched his chest playfully which earned her a chuckle.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, and you should know that I won't touch you; I'm just here to ask for something."

"Are you sure this is not about ?" She looked confused as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Because if it is, then I'm sorry, I'm not here to satisfy your needs because-"

"-Didn't I say that I won't touch you?" He cut her off with a smile. "I'm here to..."

He paused and he grinned at her.

"I have a favor."

She thought about it. Kai felt her tense up under his touch, and he calmed her down by massaging her shoulders lightly.

"Can you help me with my lines?" Kai asked as he gave her a pleading look. "I need to memorize my lines by the end of this week, and if-"

"-Did Ms. Kim ask you to do this?" Ae Sook questioned him with a sad expression. She knew Ms. Kim would do this and it just annoyed her down to her last nerve.

Kai got taken aback but he nodded anyway. "Y-Yeah, how did you know?"

"She talked about this awhile ago." She frowned, giving him a look. "But why do you need my help?"

"If I don't memorize my lines by the end of this week, there's a high possibility that I'd get expelled and my schedule's packed with all of my homework and family problems and I just..." He sighed, and he blinked a couple of times when he looked at her eyes which were a bit teary. "...Ae Sook?"

She didn't know what to say. She knew this was going to happen soon. Ae Sook knew very well that he was about to break their promise. Their deal.

And she just wanted to escape.

"You promised me." She muttered under her breath as one teardrop fell.

Kai panicked as he saw her crying. What did he do?

"Ae Sook, w-why are you crying? I...I-I'm sorry, I didn't know that you...I mean, if you don't want to do this then I can ask another person, I'm not forcing you, just please..." He stopped and wiped her tears away. "...just please stop crying." He gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"You promised me..." she repeated, looking at Kai straight in the eye. "Kai don't do this to me."

"I said I'm sorry, Ae Sook. I didn't know you would react this way-"

"-It's not that, Kai." She said, shaking her head as teardrops continued to fall. "You don't understand."

"Understand what? Is this about me asking for help or is this about something else because I seriously don't get what you're talking about." He said with his shaky voice. He tried to left her chin up so that she'd face him, but she broke away from his hold and she backed away.

 

Another pang in his heart.

 

She started to shake her head over and over again, sobbing her way as she started to run.

 

Run away from him.

 

He didn't get why she was acting this way, but most importantly, he didn't why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter