"Safe and Sound"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai woke up to an extremely, extremely awful headache, and to his surprise, he woke up seeing nothing but white.

He blinked a couple of times, adjusting his eyes to the bright light as he rubbed his eyes with his hand. He felt so sick and tired and just so weird. He couldn't remember what had happened before he ended up being in that specific room, until he heard a faint whisper beside him.

"Are you fine now?" Ae Sook spoke up, looking at Kai with her eyes full of concern. Kai looked up at her, and he frowned when he saw her not smiling at all because he did love seeing her smile. "I waited for you to wake up. You fainted and I don't know why, or what made you faint, but I guess-"

"-Me too." Kai cut her off, shaking his head a bit just to shrug off the memory of him having a nosebleed. "I don't know why I fainted." He lied, but he just had to cover up the fact that he fainted just because he got too overwhelmed; too overwhelmed because she kept on smiling and the close proximity they had was all new, and he wasn't used to it all. "Where am I?"

"Oh, this is the school's clinic. The school nurse cleaned you up and yes, I brought you here. I carried you all the way here coming from the drama club room." She gave him a bright smile and she assured him, saying, "Don't worry, you're not heavy at all."

"Thank you..." Kai gave her a small smile, looking at her in the eye as if showing her he really meant what he said. "...Ae Sook." He didn't know what to say because even his friends wouldn't carry him all the way there, and Ae Sook, being a girl, and being a new friend whom he had just met, carried him. He felt touched and he just wanted to hug her and tell her he appreciated what she had done, but it would just be awkward. Too awkward.

"You're welcome, Jongin - I-I mean...Kai." Ae Sook stuttered, a hint of pink spread so vividly across her cheeks. "I'll stay here until you feel better."

"Oh, please don't. I don't want to give you anymore trouble. You've done enough, and I thank you once again." He said, giving her a genuine smile. He then looked at his watch and his eyes widened. "You'll miss Ms. Kim's lecture, please, I mean, you can go back now because you might get into trouble because of me, and-"

"-Kai," she said, her eyes starting to get teary, and her lips quivered a bit; she tried her best to hide her concerned expression, but knowing Kai for so long, she was sure he noticed how her expression changed into a sad one. She just didn't want him to worry; she knew he faced peer pressure already, so why make him more worried? "You didn't cause any trouble, but...but..." she frowned, and Kai could've sworn a tear drop fell from her eye, but she quickly wiped it away, continuing her sentence as she said, "...is it bad if I want to help a friend of mine?"

"N-No, that's not what I meant. It's just that I'm afraid to cause-"

"-I'm here. I'll stay here." Ae Sook cut him off, looking down while occupying herself by getting her book from her bag that was just beside her. "I'll stay here..." she whispered. "Until you feel better."

Kai stared at her face as she read her book, his eyes moving to her long eyelashes which were fluttering as she continued to read, her pink cheeks which looked adorable, until he reached her lips.

He felt himself go warm all of a sudden because he was starting to think that it was only Ae Sook who always made him feel this way. He felt how kind she was. She really deserved to be called an angel because she was just too sweet.

Absentmindedly, and ever so slowly, he reached out to her face, and Ae Sook felt it so she looked up just to see his hand go nearer. She suddenly felt insecure. Was there something on her face? She questioned herself, and when she was about to ask him what was wrong, he tucked her hair behind her ear, and he smiled.

"Thank you." He said once again, and she beamed in return.

She blinked innocently once she found out he didn't retrieve his hand. But what caught her off guard was when Kai caressed her soft cheek which made her go a thousand shades redder, and she just felt herself melt; melt under his touch. Her heart started to beat so fast. She felt her heartbeat go crazy, and she blamed the silence for taking over.

"You're welcome." She looked down again and she reached out for Kai's hand, setting it down.

Kai felt a pang in his heart. It hurt, but he understood why she did that. It was better than smacking his hand away though.

Then again, a vibration ruined the moment and this time, he knew it was Luhan texting him again. He searched for his phone which was just on top of the table. He reached for it, surprised to see forty new messages. He sighed and read the latest one.

 

From: Luhan

Kim to the ing Jongin, are you still ing alive? What the ing hell is up with you?!

 

Kai frowned once he read it and he quickly replied, explaining himself.

 

From: Kai

Sorry, dude. I was busy.

 

After a few seconds, his phone vibrated again.

 

From: Luhan

Thank God, I thought you were dead. But what the hell? I texted you like there was no tomorrow and you just say a few words that short? Ughhh! But back to the ing topic...what is keeping you so busy anyways?

 

Kai glanced at Ae Sook who was shuffling in her seat as she flipped the next page of her book. She was busy.

 

From: Kai

I'm with Ae Sook.

 

And with that said, he expected a violent reaction from Luhan because he knew Luhan hated him being with-

 

-Vibration. Again. Luhan replied.

 

From: Luhan

WHAT THE . THE ING IS ING WRONG WITH YOU, YOU ING RETARD?!?! YOU'RE WITH THAT BITC- I MEAN 'ANGEL'?! THE HELL?! WHAT ARE YOU BOTH UP TO? UGHHH. . I KNEW IT! SHE'S INFLUENCING YOU, ISN'T SHE?! YOU'RE A PRICK, YOU MORON! KK!!! IS SHE YOU OR SOMETHING?!

 

Kai's furrowed his eyebrows at what Luhan said. He used too much ''. He didn't get why Luhan would think that way though. He was being too annoying and very judgmental because clearly, Ae Sook wasn't a .

 

From: Kai

Chill. She isn't bad at all. She helped me.

 

From: Luhan

WOAH. YOU GUYS DID IT?! THE ING HELL?! SHE ISN'T BAD AT ALL?! OH, GOD! WAIT. LET ME GUESS. YOU ED HER HARD, DIDN'T YOU?! OH, . I KNEW IT. SHE HELPED YOU WITH WHAT? YOUR UAL FRUSTRATIONS? AHAHAHA. DID SHE YOU HARD? HOW WAS IT? NICE? TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT BECAUSE HELL, YOU'RE BEING A RIGHT NOW. SHE'S OBVIOUSLY INFLUENCING YOU AND YOU'RE LEAVING US BECAUSE OF HER. GOD. THE HECK. BUT ANYWAYS, WAS SHE ALL OVER YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! YOU BETTER SPILL IT LIKE HOW YOU SPILLED IT ALL OVER HER. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ;D

P.S: Kris says hello. Sehun says sorry. Yeah. He said he was being a jerk for fighting with you, blah blah blah.

 

Kai's eyes widened once again, and he couldn't help but gape. What was wrong with Luhan?! Obviously, Luhan watched too much .

Why were they friends again?

 

From: Kai

You're a big load of mess and stupidity. We didn't have it. I told you I'd have it when I get married already and...Wait. Why are you even texting me anyways? -___-

 

A minute later, Luhan replied and this time, it wasn't full of '' and 'ing' and all those signature words of his, but according to Kai, that is.

 

From: Luhan

Man, I thought you had it already. What's up with you and your boring life. God. Get some woman to with. It's good for you. Oh, the main point of me texting you was that...Uhm, do you wanna meet up with us again? With me, Sehun and Kris. And Baekyeol or whatever you guys call it. For drinks, maybe?

 

Kai thought about it, and of course, he did miss all of them, but this play and the script and all those memorizing made his schedule packed, plus, his teachers dumped lots of crappy homework on him and he couldn't juggle with everything at the same time, and now they want to meet up?

 

From: Kai

I'm sorry. I've been busy and all, and I have to memorize all my lines and I think I can't do everything at the same time, you know?

 

From: Luhan

No, I don't know. -.-

 

Kai sensed the sarcasm. He could already imagine Luhan rolling his eyes at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter