"Invited"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can I go to your house tomorrow?" Kai asked Ae Sook as he leaned on the locker just next to hers, eyeing her, waiting for her answer.

As much as Kai wanted to finish the play, he didn't have any choice but to ask her. His house was not really a good meeting place and a good place to memorize his lines right now since his mother was out and it would be so awkward with just the two of them all alone.

Anything could happen, but being the weirdo that he is, he didn't want anything strange to occur.

"I mean, you know...since no one is at my place and I know your dad's there at your house so it would all be fine, right?" He continued with a small smile. He then nudged her playfully, making her look up at him this time, leaving her attention from her books, and now she was just looking at him. "Come on, Ae Sook. Nothing bad will happen...I think...I mean, I'll definitely try not to mess up and be awkward and weird like always..." Kai scratched the back of his head, an idiotic grin plastered on his face. "I promise I'll do my best. I really will. Please trust me on this one."

Ae Sook thought about it for awhile, but with Kai's piercing gaze and his small weird smile made her mushy and warm inside all over again, but she was good at hiding her facial expressions already. But what caught her off guard was when Kai leaned in closer to her face, his breath tickling her and that's when she thought that a smile would break out on her face. Kai's pout was just too cute to resist.

"I'll try." Ae Sook pushed Kai a bit to lessen the awkwardness and tension, making him smile since he knew she'd think about it. "I'll ask my dad."

And with that, she got the rest of her books and she gave him a small wave after she closed her locker and headed wherever she was going.

Kai just stood there and he blinked a couple of times because Ae Sook felt off.

Quite off.

She didn't give him her sweet smile like she always did, and he felt really different. He wasn't used to this new Ae Sook.

Yes, she didn't smile before, but once they got closer for the past few days, he felt strange somehow by the sudden change.

What was going on?

Before Kai knew it, he started running to her and he was now blocking Ae Sook as he held her shoulders lightly.

"Is there something wrong?" Kai asked her with a concerned face. He felt bad deep inside because he definitely knew he was part of it, part of her sudden change. He knew it had something to do with him, too. "Are you feeling alright, Ae Sook? I can take you to the-"

"-No, but thank you anyway." She answered with a weak smile as she held his hands which were rested on her shoulders. "I'm fine, just tired."

And weak.

"Kai, I need to go. See you later, okay?" She whispered softly, and went closer to his ear to say, "Take care," with her gentle expression and Kai looked at her after a minute, just analyzing what she did.

She leaned in first.

Just before she could slip away from him once again, he held her closer once more.

"Can I have your number just in case something happens? Just in case...we can't meet tomorrow?" Kai asked her with all of his courage as he stared at her surprised face. "I'll call you some time."

She felt like it was wrong, but there was nothing going on with them; they were just friends. She needed to help him with his lines and she felt like she was responsible with his lines in a way, so there was no problem with it it although she was screaming and crying deep inside; he actually asked for her number!

"Sure." She grinned for a split second and she got her phone and Kai handed her his. They exchanged numbers then she looked up at him with eyes showing something, but Kai didn't know what; she looked fragile. "I'll call you when my father says yes, okay, Kai?"

"That would be good." He chuckled and when she was walking her way to one of the classrooms, and just before she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter