"You Just Don't Get it, Kim Jongin"

Love is Patient, Love is Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai took a short nap after he came home from school, completely exhausted from all the school work the teachers dumped on him. But a buzzing sound woke him up, causing him to open his eyes in shock. He sat up and searched for his phone, surprised to see his friend’s name flashing on his screen.

 

From: Chanyeol

Hey, Kai! What’s up? I’m eating ice cream with Baek!

 

Kai couldn’t help but sigh in frustration because, the heck, Chanyeol just woke him up just so he could tell Kai he was eating ice cream with Baek?

Seriously? What was up with this giant? Kai thought to himself.

 

From: Kai

Oh, my God, Yeol. You woke me up just so you could say that? You’ve got to be kidding me. You woke me up from my precious dream, you fool.

 

Kai was about to put his phone down so that he could go back to sleep, but his phone buzzed again. He then realized that Chanyeol could be an annoying sore thumb at times, but that was what Kai liked about him. Chanyeol could be a dorky guy, tripping over his own two feet, putting his weird looking glasses which made him look…weirder, but he had a good heart which made Kai soften at times like these; at times when he needed sleep the most, but yeah, Chanyeol just had to stop him from getting what he wanted.

 

From: Chanyeol

Pfft. Well, I’m sorry~ I just wanted to be a good friend. You’re so mean. I’m not a fool, you fool. :(

 

When Kai read Chanyeol’s text, he wanted to laugh but frown as well. He always had mixed feelings when it came to Chanyeol, and it always bugged him. Was he supposed to laugh because of Chanyeol’s cute yet annoying message, or was he supposed to feel touched because Chanyeol still thought of texting him?

But Kai thought again. Was Chanyeol bragging about his time with Baekhyun? Did Chanyeol do it on purpose to make him jealous?

 

From: Kai

It’s late already, you annoying brat. Why are you still up…and not to mention with Baekhyun?

 

Kai smirked, and after a few seconds, Chanyeol replied.

 

From: Chanyeol

What do you mean ‘late’? It’s still 6 pm. HA! Who’s the fool now? XD

 

From: Kai

You’re still the fool…for being with Baek. HA! What are you guys up to? Maybe you two really aren’t having ice cream…maybe something else, eh? ;D

 

Kai placed his phone near his pillow, and went under the bedsheets. He grinned when Chanyeol didn’t reply. Maybe Chanyeol was guilty, or maybe he didn’t have a particular answer, and that thought made Kai grin to himself like an idiot.

 

He wanted to sleep, but waiting for Chanyeol’s reply made him stay awake. He needed an answer. That’s how Chanyeol is sometimes; always a cliffhanger, leaving things crazy like that.

 

After a few minutes, his phone vibrated again, and Kai literally went nuts as his fingers scrambled just so he could reach for his phone which was hiding under the sheets.

 

From: Chanyeol

You’re so mean to me. Of course we’re having ice cream.

 

Kai frowned. That was it? Two sentences? Seriously? He was expecting something more detailed. Well, Chanyeol technically placed only one sentence because he said he was mean in his other text.

 

From: Kai

Why did it take you five minutes to answer me? ;)

 

Then instead of keeping his phone and sleeping, he waited once more, grinning to himself. He really wanted to know what Chanyeol was up to.

 

From: Chanyeol

Because we’re eating ice cream.

 

From: Kai

Bull. You’re a liar. Why do you use ice cream as an excuse, you crazy sore thumb.

 

From: Chanyeol

You’re just jelly.

 

He frowned. The heck was up with this giant? Jelly? WHAT THE FREAKING-

 

From: Kai

Jelly? I’m ier than you, crazy head…

 

From: Chanyeol

Jelly means ‘jealous’ and no, Baek is ier than you. :D

 

Kai ruffled his hair in annoyance because Chanyeol was supposed to be his ‘friend’, but he just couldn’t handle his stupidity.

 

From: Kai

Shut up.

 

He couldn’t say anything else because well, Baek did look fine. Nothing to argue about, but he thought he was much better though.

 

From: Chanyeol

You’re speechless. XD

 

From: Kai

You’re shifting topics…

 

From: Chanyeol

What? You shifted topics first.

 

From: Kai

No, you did.

 

From: Chanyeol

No. YOU did.

 

From: Kai

NO. YOU DID.

 

From: Chanyeol

Shut up.

 

From: Kai

You see? You’re shifting topics.

 

From: Chanyeol

Because you’re annoying.

 

From: Kai

Me? Annoying? Are you cray cray? You woke me up, you face.

 

From: Chanyeol

Sorry.

 

From: Kai

Brat.

 

From: Chanyeol

You’re so mean.

 

From: Kai

But honestly, you shifted the topic first. I asked you what was up with you and Baek and you talked about ice cream.

 

From: Chanyeol

No. I asked you how you were doing, but you said I woke you up, and then you said we were doing something else instead of eating ice cream. You ert.

 

From: Kai

I’m not a ert, you ert.

 

From: Chanyeol

Yes, you are.

 

From: Kai

You’re the one who watches . >:D

 

Then it took at least another five minutes for C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter