Past Burden

The Darkest Betrayal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Jieun arrived at school with B.A.P. She wasn’t feeling particularly happy just yet. She still wished that she was with Taehyung every moment of her life but now…he’s not even part of her life anymore.

Jieun was walking down the hallway, alone when she saw Eunmi and Taehyung walking together towards her direction. Jieun looked at Taehyung and she could feel her heart in pain again. Taehyung looked up and saw Jieun looking at him. He wasn’ t sure what to do. Walk away? Greet her?

“It’s Jieun-shhi” Eunmi pointed out. She ran over to Jieun with a wide grin on her face.

“Wae?” Eunmi asked as she saw Jieun’s frown. Taehyung walked up to Jieun.

“Oh right…you two…” Eunmi’s voice trailed off.

“Gwenchana” Jieun finally spoke. “You two look better together anyways” Jieun forced a fake smile and walked away. Eunmi blinked a couple of times and had a confused look. Taehyung turned around and watched as she entered a class. *What does she mean we look better together?* He sighed and continued walking.

“That’s it? You’re not going to go after her after what I told you yesterday?” Eunmi asked.

“No” Taehyung said. Eunmi stood still, watching him leave and sighed.

Time was ticking and Jieun was pretty much doing anything and everything she can to get Taehyung and their breakup out of her head. It was already nearing 10PM and Jieun was still in the library doing her report that was due tomorrow. Her eyes were slowly closing no matter how hard she tried to stay awake.

“Jieun-ah” A voice softly called her name out. Jieun shook her head and opened her eyes as she looked up. She saw Daehyun smiling at her.

“Oh..Daehyun oppa….” Jieun’s heart was slightly disappointed as she wished it was Taehyung who called her name out.

“It’s getting late. Why don’t you go home to finish this report?” He asked.

“Araso..” She packed her bag up and left the library with Daehyun. They were on the bus and Jieun stared out the window throughout the entire ride home.

“Jieun, it’s your stop”

“Oh! I’ll see you tomorrow, oppa!” Jieun quickly got off before the bus left her stop. She waved towards Daehyun and he returned the wave. *She must be still thinking about him*

Jieun was walking back home when she saw the basketball court in front of her. It was empty and silent. She walked over there unknowingly and started to tear up. She placed her hand over her heart and clenched her shirt tightly. The amount of pain Jieun was feeling was overwhelming. She had never felt this way before and she wished it would stop. Kim Jieun never thought she would fall this hard for a guy. Especially a guy who was an enemy.

--

The next morning, Jieun arrived at school with swollen eyes and dark circles. It was obvious she had been crying the whole night and B.A.P didn’t bother asking what happened since they already knew the reason. Jieun was sitting in class, waiting for her professor to come in to start the lesson of the say when Eunmi walked over to her. Jieun was staring into space, not realizing Eunmi had walked in.

“Jieun? Jieun.” Eunmi called her name out and finally shook her shoulder. Jieun snapped back to reality and was surprised to see Eunmi in front of her.

“Eunmi! What are you doing here?” Jieun asked.

“I want to speak to you. Mind if you come out for a bit?”

“Sure, what is it?” Jieun asked as she followed Eunmi out to the rooftop.

“I have something to admit to you. This has been botherin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter