Break Down

The Darkest Betrayal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun looked into Taehyung’s eyes. She felt angry, disappointment, frustrated and just…sad. She didn’t understand how she fell for him. Maybe if Taehyung didn’t save her that night, she wouldn’t be in this situation. She felt helpless and needed closure in her life.

“If that’s all you have to say to me, then it’s my turn to say what I feel” Jieun said. Taehyung looked her and he couldn’t help but feel guilty. He gulped as he continued to look at her.

“I like you” Jieun confessed. Taehyung was taken aback by her sudden confession. “I don’t know why or how I fell for you but it could be because I see something different in you. You’re not like your other friends. I know you care about them and other people. You’re just scared to be yourself and you’re scared of losing them because you’ve been with them your whole life-“

“Don’t talk to me as if you know about my life!” Taehyung shouted. Jieun gulped and continued.

“You’re right. I don’t know about your life but I do know that you’re a good guy. I’ve been telling you that the whole time but all you’ve been doing is denying it.” Jieun sniffed and wiped her tears away.

“I just want to know if you care about me” Taehyung could feel his stomach tightening up and his heart racing. *Why do I feel like this? How can she say so much about me when I met her for only 2 months? How could she have feelings for me? And…how can I say ‘no’ to her when I honestly do care about her?*

“Taehyung-ah, I know you said there would be no way for you to like me in front of your friends but they’re not here right now. Tell me the truth.  I need an answer to let my heart rest and push away all my feelings away for you. Please, do me that favor” Jieun said.

Taehyung clenched his fist and he could feel the stress coming in. He sighed and then gulped as he prepares himself to say the heartbreaking words.

“I will never have feelings for you, Jieun. Mianhaeyo” He and Jieun looked at one another one last time before Jieun glanced away.

“Araso..then I guess we have nothing more to say. Goodbye, Taehyung sshi” Jieun turned around and her tears started to spill down her cheeks. She silently walked away and hoped that Taehyung would take those words back but unfortunately, he didn’t. Taehyung watched Jieun walk away and disappear within the distance. He didn’t realize his tears were flowing down his cheeks until he touched his face.

*I hope I don’t regret this*

--

Jieun arrived home and to her surprise, Jaejoong was back. He was in the kitchen making ramen to eat when he heard Jieun walk in.

“Jieun? You’re home!” Jaejoong didn’t bother to turn around but when he didn’t hear a reply from his sister, he immediately turned around. He gasped when he saw Jieun’s face.

“Omo, what happened to you? Why are you crying?” Jaejoong quickly turned the stove off and ran over to his younger sister. Jieun couldn’t help it and hugged Jaejoong tightly. Her cries became louder and louder. Jaejoong was confused and startled to see his sister like this. He patted her back and softly told her to stop crying.

When Jieun finally calmed down, she explained herself.

“So you’re telling me you confessed to a guy and he rejected you?” Jieun nodded.

“How can that be?! My sister is gorgeous and smart!” Jaejoong shouted.

“Oppa, what do I do now?” Jieun looked at Jaejoong. He sighed.

“There’s really not much you can do but to just forget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter