Youngjae the Mediator

The Darkest Betrayal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a soft knock on the door. Daehyun didn’t bother to answer or move himself. Youngjae decided to just walk in without permission. He opened the door and saw Daehyun on his bed with his eyes covered by his arm.

“Yah..” He softly said. No response.

“Did something happen before?” Again, there was silence. Youngjae was starting to get frustrated.

“Talk to me, Daehyun!” Still, Daehyun refuse to speak so Youngjae grabbed his arm and pulled it away from his eyes. Youngjae’s eyes widened as he saw his closest friend’s eyes all red.

“Yah…were you crying?” Daehyun quickly covered his eyes with his arm.

“Go away” He coldly said.

“I’m not going away until you tell me why you’re acting like this” Youngjae stubbornly said.

“Yoo Youngjae. I’m going to say this one last time. GO. AWAY.” Daehyun raised his voice louder.

“No” And with that response, Daehyun immediately stood up and glared at Youngjae before he grabbed his jacket and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Youngjae asked.

“AWAY FROM YOU! AND EVERYONE!” Daehyun snarled. Youngjae grabbed his shoulder before he could walk any further.

“I will follow you wherever you go if you don’t tell me what happened. I can be just as angry as you are right now” Youngjae sternly said as he looked into Daehyun’s eyes. Daehyun pulled his shoulder away.

“I’m no longer friends with Jieun”

Youngjae raised his eyebrows in surprise.

“Wae? What do you mean?”

“Why don’t you go ask her yourself and decide whether you would still be friends with her” Daehyun turned around and left the room.

Youngjae was all alone, confused and lost. He ran his fingers through his hair before sitting down on Daehyun’s bed. *What is exactly going on?*

--

“No fair! You cheated!” Jieun whined as she tried to run after the basketball.

“How did I cheat? It was fair play!” Taehyung said.

“You’re way taller than me so of course you’re able to shoot more hoops!” Taehyung rolled his eyes at her unreasonable answer.

“Yah, don’t be a sore loser!” Jieun pouted and went to sit down by her stuff. She sipped on her water. Taehyung came over and grabbed his water to drink.

“Are you mad?” He asked. Jieun shook her head.

“I was only joking, pabo!” She chuckled.

“Pabo? Who are you calling pabo?!” Taehyung said. Jieun simply stuck her tongue out. He scowled and continued to drink his water.

“Taehyung sshi, does this mean you agree to be my friend?” He looked at her and Jieun looked back at him. His stomach felt weirder as time ticked. He cleared his throat.

“I’ll think about it” Jieun pouted and poked his arm.

“Yah! What do you mean you’ll think about it?”

“Wae? Aren’t you scared of my friends or your friends finding out about us?” He asked.

“Honestly, I am-“

“Then why do you insist on being my friend?” Taehyung interrupted. Jieun gulped.

“Because…I..think you’re a good person” She quickly said. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter