Stars and Mermaids

The Peculiarity of First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy lost count of how many times she sighed on her way home. She still could not believe it. Myungsoo's confession seems surreal.

"Oh. I'm home," she said as her feet took  her in front of their house while she was daydreaming.

When she was about to close their gate, she saw something she should not have seen. It was Kyuhyun and Yoona, hugging.

Myungsoo's confession was successful at making her forget her own confession. However, it was not for long because for sure, she would see Kyuhyun and she would be reminded of her actions. She just did not expect to see him like that.

She felt a tear rushed down on her cheek. She quickly brushed it and turned around. She went inside her house. She could not handle seeing more.

Kyuhyun walked back home. He was not able to celebrate with his class. He was more bothered about something else, Suzy.

He sighed but soon he realized that his feet have dragged him home. However, in front of their house stands a figure. It is Yoona.

"Why didn't you get in?" Kyuhyun asked as he approached her.

Yoona smiled at him and answered, "I would not want to bother them. Besides, I only wanted to give this beef steak to you,"

Kyuhyun let out a small smile then silence followed. Kyuhyun just stared at nothingness

"Are you okay?" Yoona asked.

"Ani." Kyuhyun answered.

"What's the matter?" Yoona asked again.

"The girl that I loved my whole life... said she loves me too."

"Shouldn't you be happy about that?"

"I... I was not able to say anything because I am a star." Kyuhyun said. Yoona just stared at him with her puzzled face. Then, Kyuhyun continued.

"I can look at her, watch her, wish happiness for her.... but we can not be together."

Yoona looked at him sadly and said, "Is the girl Suzy?"

Kyuhyun nodded and let out a sad smile. "No matter how pleasing the star may look, it is burning. And it has to endure that all by itself."

Yonna hugged him. "Ani. I am your friend. I.. I won't let you go through this alone." Kyuhyun just hugged her back.

The heart needs someone to lean on after all.

"I think this is a long story. Coffee?" Yoona said as she soon, broke the hug.

Kyuhyun just nodded.

Suzy told her parents about the recent event in school as they had their early dinner. She was all smiles and laugh. She had to pretend she's fine, after all.

However, as soon as she enters her room, the sight of the stuffed toy that Kyuhyun gave welcomed her. She took it.

"I... I already know that I am rejected. You just have to put it into words for me so I won't get false hopes." Suzy said to the stuffed toy. She sighed at the thought that the stuffed toy could not answer her.

We've always been like siblings.

"But I don't want to be just a sibling." Suzy let her thoughts slip .

She decided to put the stuffed toy back to its originial place. However, she noticed something else. It was beside Myungsoo's bunny stuffed toy. She look at it for a long time before she let out a loud sigh. She tumbled on her bed and closed her eyes. She wanted to sleep. Sleep was the best escape to reality after all.

"Why did you become her teacher?" Yoona asked. They are now in a coffee shop.

"I thought I could protect her more if I stayed by her side, even in school. But.. now... she seemed so close, yet so far."

"You are stupid." Yoona said as she hissed.

"Ara." Kyuhyun said, smirking. "But I never thought that she would respond to my feelings this soon. I was actually planning on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter