Celebrating

The Peculiarity of First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy's heart beat started racing when she realized who it is, Kyuhyun.

"What are you doing?"

"I came here to say sorry," the sock mimicked talking over Kyuhyun's voice. "Sorry for not telling you sooner. Please don't ignore me anymore."

Suzy stared at the sock.  How long can I ignore my childhood friend? She slowly walked towards the window and opened it.

Kyuhyun was shocked so he almost slipped out of the ladder. He held his chest for his heart trembled at the thought of falling and breaking his bones.

How can I hate you... the man I love? Suzy thought.

When Kyuhyun regained his balance and composure, he did not dare look at Suzy, but made the puppet look up to her.

"You're forgiven." Suzy said which made Kyuhyun turn his gaze towards her. She let out a small smile.

"Jinjja?" Kyuhyun asked but the puppet still mimicked him. Suzy nodded. Kyuhyun smiled.

"That's a relief. How about a promise to ease your feeling?"

Suzy tilted her head and asked, "What promise?"

"I promise that even if I am with Yoona or any other girl, nothing will change between us. Hmmm?" Kyuhyun said as he let out the pinky of his other hand, and the puppet became the hand that grips the ladder.

But I actually want something to change between us. Suzy thought. I guess, the best way to stay by your side is to remain as a childhood friend.

Suzy then, took Kyuhyun's pinky and interlinked it with her pinky. "That's a promise." They both smiled.

"Yah. Can you hold this ladder for me as I go down?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Aish. Why do you even have to do this, you could have just come inside you know." Suzy answered.

"I'm sure that that will not produce the same effects. You will not open the door for sure." Kyuhyun said. Suzy looked up, pouted then shrugged.

"Aish. Palli." Suzy said as she gripped the ladder from her window. Kyuhyun started going down.

"Hold it until I get my feet on land okay? Aish. This is insane."

Suzy chuckled. "Be careful. Our school can not afford to loose a teacher." I won't ley you fall. Unless it is me that you fall for, she thought.

Kyuhyun safely got down and got the ladder before he waved goodbye at Suzy.

"I think I will always have a soft side for you after all." Suzy said as she stare at Kyuhyun who walked back home.

Suzy was about to sleep when she saw the calendar and noticed a drawn birthday cake. And then, it hit her.

Yah. It's Myungsoo's birthday soon right?

Oh. You're right. What should we give him?

Suzy did not reply to Jieun because she still, also did not know the answer. She almost forgot it due to her heartbreak.  She realized that there are still other things in life that she could celebrate about.

I think I should get over you soon, oppa, she thought as she fell asleep.

It's your birthday soon right?

The note that Suzy passed onto Myungsoo during class said.

So?

What do you want?

Myungsoo first stared blankly on the paper until he managed to write something.

I want to have the courage to tell her that I love her.

Suzy sighed then answered.

Can I even give you that?

Myungsoo smiled before finally writing on the paper.

:p

Suzy looked at Myungsoo but then, someone got the paper from her hands. She gasped. It was Kyuhyun. She bit her lower lip.

"Passing notes is not allowed on class." Kyuhyun said as he looked at Suzy. Suzy sheepishly smiled. Kyuhyun started to walk away.

"Did you two patched things up?" Myungsoo asked in a whisper. Suzy nodded.

"Whispering is also not aloud." Kyuhyun said as he went infront. Myungsoo groaned and decided to sleep. Suzy chuckled.

It's a relief that she can smile genuinely now.

Myungsoo opened the door to find nothing but pitch black. When he the lights,

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday... Happy Birthday Myungsoo." Jieun and Suzy sang as they clapped. They were both wearing party hats.

"Tooooootttttttt!" Jieun blowed the horn on Myungsoo's ear. Myungsoo rubbed his left ear. Suzy let him wore a party hat.

"So.. where's the cake?" Myungsoo asked the two. They just sheepishly smiled.

"We tried making one in your kitchen... but we failed." Jieun said. Myungsoo hissed and he started dashing towards the kitchen. Suzy and Jieun tried to stop him but he succe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter