CHAPTER 52: HIS HESITATION

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What are you doing, Marina?” The man’s voice broke the silence of the night making Maki looked behind. Her brother, Tegoshi Yuya already ran quickly toward her. Worries plastered on his handsome face. Within second, the man stood close to her as he held out his hand.

 

“Get down from that place, now!” The man instructed her instantly and she noticed anger laced between them. There was hesitation reflected on her face making the handsome man raised his voice even higher.

 

“I said now, Marina! Now!” Tegoshi Yuya snapped angrily to his sister. With that, Maki jumped down instantly from the ledge without touching her brother’s hand. She staggered a little bit but Yuya held her quickly. After he made sure she was safe near him, he instantly glowered at her.

 

“Why are you standing there, Marina? It is dangerous you know! Are you trying to kill yourself again just like what you did before? Are you?” His angry words never stopped coming out from his mouth. Before Maki could respond, the man dragged her from the place. His hands circled firmly around her wrist as he never let her go.

 

“Yuya kun….”

 

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear any explanations right now.” Maki became silence hearing the angry words from her brother. She knew he was so mad at her right now.

 

                Tegoshi Yuya dragged her until they were inside the building back. Her hand was still within his grasp even after they entered the elevator. Both of them rode in it in silence. Deep inside Maki’s heart, she knew the man was mad at her because he always used silence as a punishment. After a few minutes, they reached their destination and again he dragged her into her office. It was empty but Yuya pushed the door and entered her room acting as if it was his place. Before she knew, the man pushed her to sit on the sofa and sat next to her.

 

“Now, explain!” The man never raised voice unless if it was something serious.

Maki’s brown orbs fixed on her brother’s as she did not know how to explain. Her hands clasped nervously on her laps with various notions played inside her mind. Still, lying was her weakness especially in front of her brother.

 

“Fine, you don’t want to explain. Just answer my simple question, what are you doing up there?” The man pinned his serious eyes on hers making the petite woman ran her eyes instantly to somewhere else. She answered softly the man’s question.

 

“I’m enjoying the view, Yuya kun.” Hearing it made Yuya scoffed before he snapped angrily.

 

“Don’t lie to me, Marina! You were just a step to kill yourself just now and I don’t think it is just to enjoy the view!” With that, Maki became silence hearing the angry words. She knew herself that Yuya would not easily believe her words; not with all her dark histories.

 

Unable to look at his sister, Tegoshi Yuya looked the view outside as he controlled his anger. His hand ran through his hair as if he tried to sort his thoughts. It took some time for him to diffuse the rage toward her. After a few minutes, his heart started to calm and he began to make some calculations regarding to the woman.

 

“Mari chan,” Yuya spoke her name softly making his sister, Maki lifted her gaze and looked at him.

 

“Move back to papa’s house today,” The words were firm and clear making Maki shook her head slightly upon hearing the man’s sudden instruction.

 

“I can’t Yuya kun. I can’t…” The woman refused it quickly.

 

“What do you mean you can’t, Marina? Your marriage is at the pinnacle of the rock and you still want to stay there? That man is betraying you with another woman just like how Mukai did to you!” His words were honest and it shoot straight to her heart. This made the woman became surprised upon hearing it and she looked at her brother quickly in his eyes. The man, in white shirt, did not even looking regret saying it.

 

“I’m not going to apologize on that one Marina even though it hurts you. No! Right now, move back to Papa’s house as soon as possible. There is nothing to be saved anymore in this marriage. Not anymore.” Maki looked at her hands as the man kept saying. Tegoshi scoffed softly as he continued his words.

 

“I thought he was the man for you, Marina. I really thought when I met him that day. However, he was no different with Mukai; not much different. That’s why, leave the house tonight. Just sign the divorce paper and gave it to him through your secretary. Understand!” Instead of responding to her brother, Maki remained silence. This made Yuya became impatient and pulled the woman to face him.

 

“Do you hear what I say, Marina. I said that…”

 

“Yes, I hear you, Yuya kun.” Maki answered fast.

 

“So, what’s with the hesitation?” Yuya rounded his eyes when he noticed his sister’s reluctance. He could read her really well even they were not together for a few years.

 

“It just I need some time, Yuya kan.” Maki said as she looked at her hands. Frankly, she could not look at her brother at that moment. She was right. The man snapped even more.

 

“How long are you going to need, Marina? The whole nation knows about your husband infidelity with another woman. The longer you stay in the marriage, the more your heart is going to hurt!”

 

“I know….” Her words were soft as she looked at the man.

 

“Then?”

 

“The company is in chaos right now. It takes some time for the shareholders to regain back their trust on Tomo, Yuya kun. At least for two weeks. Later, after everything is back to normal, I will move back to Papa’s house.” With that, Yuya stood up and raised his voice. His anger skyrocketed hearing her reasons.

 

“Hara Marina! Are you crazy?”

 

“Listen Yuya, I have my own reasons.”

 

“Yes, I know. Your reason is Aoki Hiroshi. Don’t be ridiculous, Marina. Don’t be! What the heck are you staying in that stupid marriage with your infidelity’s husband? Do you know what other people talk badly about you just because of that man?”

 

“Only this time, Yuya kun. This time. This is the only way I repay my debt to Aoki Hiroshi. Only this way,” The man shook his head vigorously as he planted his hands on his hips. His sister was crazy. The media made various kinds of speculations regarding her and how society accused her for not being a good wife to her husband. Still, she wanted to stay in the marriage just for the old debt.

 

                Knowing her brother’s anger, Horikita Maki slowly s around the man’s waist and embraced him. She tightened her hugs as she breathed softly. Tears filled within her eyes before she spoke softly.

 

“Please Yuya kun, let me stay at least two weeks until all rumours die. Then, I will follow you back to Papa’s house. Alright?” Yuya closed his eyes as he heaved a deeper sigh. His sister’s action made anger started to diminish within his heart and he did not like it at all. The woman sure knew how to soften his heart after all. Quickly, he pulled his head back and looked at her.

 

“Why Mari chan? Why? I don’t think this is just for repaying the old man’s debt, isn’t it?”

 

Instead of answering him, the woman snuggled on his shoulder. She let silence became her answer. This made Yuya straightened his body instantly as his conscience sent signal after not hearing any answer from . Quickly Yuya clutched Maki’s shoulders and looked at her face. Something bugged inside him tremendously.

 

“Marina, don’t you say that you…..” Too afraid to continue his words, he stopped them. His sister, who was in black office suit, her brother’s cheeks gently.

 

“Just wait for another two weeks. Then, I wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter