CHAPTER 51: THE STORIES FROM HER PAST

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                Yamapi did not believe when he heard the Kansai man’s sudden request. His eyes fixed on Nishikido Ryo who remained serious as he sat in front of him. Slowly, Yamapi blinked his eyes a few times before he asked the question back.

 

“You could not be serious about that, right Ryo?” Unfortunately, his assistant did not even smile and looked seriously than ever.

 

“Why Pi? Is it too hard for you to do it?” Ryo inquired back and that made Yamapi became shock than ever.

 

“You are serious about it? Gosh…Ryo…it is impossible. We do not have to do that kind of thing. No… I…” Nishikido Ryo felt annoyed with Yamapi’s explanation and cut his sentence.

 

“You have to do it, Pi! You must! I just ask you to do DNA test after the baby is born. What is so hard with that request? I don’t even ask you to leave Masami and let her raises the baby alone. I just ask the simplest thing and you said it is impossible. Tch!” Ryo snapped angrily at Yamapi and he slammed his body angrily on the chair.

 

At that moment, the Kansai man was sure that he wanted to kick his boss in his head due to his short way of thinking especially when it involved with woman. His gentleness toward them destroyed his life eventually. Yamapi ran his hand through his hair but still it could not untangle the mess inside his mind. He was speechless with the man’s suggestion. When Ryo still did not get the respond from Yamapi, the man heaved a deep sigh and asked again.

 

“How Pi? Can you do it for me?” Yamapi swallowed hard and looked straight at the man’s eyes. Doing the DNA test gave impression to Masami that he did not believe on whatever things she said. Doubt clouded his mind and Ryo saw this.

 

“Listen, Pi. I have a lot of reasons why I want you to do the test. One of it is to make sure that the baby is really your child and not Kengo’s.” Yamapi gave me disbelief look before he uttered irritably.

 

“How many times do I do have to tell you Ryo. It is not Kengo’s! Believe me. Or else how come the man wanted to kill the baby by abusing Masami?”

 

“Why do you think he could not kill his own child? If he could kick Masami, the woman who always help him in any situation, I don’t think he could not do it to an unborn baby.”

 

“Plus, doing the DNA test would give assurance to Aoki Hiroshi’s trust that the baby deserves its place in your family later on. He can be registered in Aoki’s family name easily and without any much hassle in the future, am I right Pi?”

 

                Yamapi looked at Masami’s straight in her eyes as he held her hands gently. Ryo’s voice could still be heard inside his mind but the hunky man shoved it aside. Ryo is wrong; extremely wrong. It is his baby not Kengo’s. Yamapi muttered within his heart and unknowingly he clasped Masami’s hand tightly. The woman startled and blinked her eyes a few times.

 

“Did you just say DNA test, Pi?” The man nodded his head fast making Masami’s heart stopped beating for a while. Instantly, her face changed immediately and her cheeks flushed red. Knowing what ran inside the woman’s head, Yamapi quickly gave reassurance to her.

 

“I believe you, Masami. I do.” Yamapi admitted it honestly.

 

“Then, what’s with DNA test, Pi?” The woman in blue dress asked him instantly. The way she asked reflected how mad and annoyed she was with sudden news.

 

“It is for the sake our baby.” Masami scoffed hearing it and quickly she turned around facing something else. At that moment, she could not see the man. How dare he doubt about her and the baby.

 

“No, it is not! You are doing it because you do not trust me Pi!” The woman snapped at him. Anger flared within her immediately making the woman gritted her teeth tightly. Yamapi turned her around and touched her chin forcing the woman to look at him. Gently, he held both of her hands and spoke softly.

 

“I trust you Masami, really.  It just we need to do DNA test to gain the trust from people around us especially Aoki Hiroshi. The old man is particular about this. Imagine if he could accept it after it was done, you will gain his trust immediately. Plus, our child would easily be registered in Aoki’s family registry. Am I right, Masami?” He persuaded the woman. Masami was only replied it with silence.

 

“Ne…are you mad?” Masami clenched her teeth and looked at Yamapi in his eyes. She knew the man was honest and wanted to smooth everything out for her and the baby. Unfortunately, the idea of doing DNA test gave unpleasant feeling inside her stomach. The hunky man tugged again her hands and called her.

 

“Ne…”

 

“I’m fine, Pi. I understand it…” She answered it unwillingly. This made Yamapi smiled immediately. A notion played inside his mind.

 

 

Yes…they are wrong; wrong about you, Masami.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

 

His gaze never lifted from the screen and smile never left his face. Still, it could not hide the sadness within his eyes which started to fill with tears. It was five years already, but the memory was still fresh sweet and memorable for him; extremely memorable.

 

 Horikita Maki, in a red dress, laughed out loud as she chased him in the park on the screen. Her hands were full of white cream and she successfully plastered it on his cheek. Even though, she was dirty, still she looked much happy. Then, she squealed happily when Mukai ran after her while spraying her with water making the children around them laughing out loud. They even played around with them. Seeing this made Mukai Osamu clamped his mouth shut controlling whatever emotions he had inside his chest. Then, a scene from the video made his heart stopped. He managed to capture Maki and held her tightly inside his embrace.

 

 

“Tell me that you love me if you want me to let you go!” His hands went to her cheeks as he pinched on them softly. The woman giggled softly and shook her head. Instantly, she jutted her tongue out and laughed.

 

“No way!” Mukai rounded his eyes hearing her answer.

 

Before he knew it, Maki pushed him and ran away from him. Then, after a few steps, she stopped and turned around. She mouthed the words I love you to him silently. Her cheeks flushed as she said it before she ran away and giggled again.

 

 

                His hands went to his mouth and tears rolled down on his cheeks. He gritted his teeth controlling whatever emotion he held inside his chest. Then, his eyes wandered around the room and he smiled bitterly seeing his walls full of Maki’s pictures from the past. Even, he was in those memories pictures with her. Slowly, he got up and went to a shelf which was in corner of the room. His hands reached an elephant doll and held it. He on it before he carried it along to his sofa. Once he seated, he touched the tag which was on it. He read bitterly inside his heart.

 

 

Dear baby, I love you till the end of the world. Thank you for coming into mommy’s and daddy’s life.

 

 

                His lips trembled as he looked at it. It was a memorable present from Maki for their unborn baby; the one they lost forever.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter