CHAPTER 16: THOSE HURTFUL MOMENT

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 16: THOSE HURTFUL MOMENT

 

“Masami?” The silky voice called her name and both of their heads turned toward the door.

 

 At that moment, Yamapi felt as if his heart stopped beating. The sudden sight made his gasped softly when he discovered the person who stood at the door. With his casual look, he was looking at them with his dark drowning eyes as his feet started to move closer to them. When Masami found out this, instantly she pulled her hands harshly from him and her expression changed drastically.

 

“Ke…Kengo?”

 

The pale man’s name flew out of Yamapi’s mouth. Somehow, shock was the only thing filled inside his mind. Suddenly, the memory of this evening came at once to him ; the scene that he saw from the witch’s office and also the memory where Nishikido Ryo explained to him about the real of Kengo. Those are lies, right?

 

“Oh….it’s the rejected man.”

 

The cynical words came from Kengo as he gave him with a blank look, not the usual cheerful face like Yamapi always see. It was different….different with the person he knew since two years ago. His girlfriend, Masami was already stepped back far from him, moving closer to Kengo. She never looked at him and that fact hurt him so much. Kengo’s gaze shifted between from Yamapi and Masami. A smirk formed on his face as he looked on the man who used to be ‘his bestfriend’.

 

“ Kengo…..wh…what are you doing here?”The question came out from Yamapi’s mouth. Inside his heart, he was battling with his own senses, denying within him that the two persons in front of him did not have any relationship. Not more than friendship. No…

 

However, Kengo’s irritated laugh became the answer of Yamapi’s question and this made his heart became faster than ever. Somehow, he felt something was wrong. Everything that happened in front of him was wrong. Startling with the man’s laugh, made more questions played within his mind. Why….why he act like this. This is not Kengo….not the man he knew. Kengo’s sudden words shook Yamapi to reality.

 

“Why you ask the stupid question when you already know the answer, Ya-ma-pi?” Kengo mocked him with the question. His face was different than his usual calm one. Right now, at that moment, he looked like…like someone Yamapi never knew before.

 

Then, the pale man’s gaze looked at Masami before pulled her within his arms. Instantly, Masami’s eyes looked at him with nervous look and unknowingly, she bit her lips. At that moment, Yamapi’s eyes flew opened, seeing the man’s action. Before he knew it, his hands clutched tightly to his side.

 

“You know already, aren’t you? That Masami and I go out between each other.” Kengo’s words made Masami instantly looked at Yamapi. However, the hunky man remained silence as his dark gaze fixed on Kengo’s face. Laughing softly, Kengo continued his words.

 

“ Why are you still in state of denial when what you saw is the truth after all,  jerk!! It is the truth!!!. We go out between each other, long before you know Masami.” Kengo mocked him as his hands embraced Masami tighter within his arms. Masami closed her eyes painfully, biting her lips strongly than ever. This was different with Yamapi, who still never lifted his gaze from Kengo.

 

“I don’t know what are you saying, Kengo.” His voice was sharp as Yamapi talked back to the pale man. Kengo laughed hysterically as he shook his head. Brushing some tears at the corner of his eyes, he heaved a deeper breath.

 

“Gosh….Pi. I don’t know that you can’t accept the fact? The fact that Masami, your girlfriend, betrayed you, go out with another man. Can’t you accept that?” What had Kengo said made blood inside Yamapi boiled immediately.  Yet, he was still enduring with the man’s sharp words.

 

On the other hand, the short hair woman, Masami felt like being in hell within the situation. This was the things she was afraid off all these times. Afraid the truth on her will come out to the man. Looking down on her feet, she wished that the floor beneath her would swallow her down to the earth so that she would not be able to see those moments. Those hurtful moments.

 

“Don’t create stupid stories, Kengo. It’s not funny…” Yamapi said boldly although his tone was waver and there were trace of nervousness within it.

 

“Really? You think it is a stupid story, Pi? Really? So, what you saw this evening too, a stupid story? Those kisses?” Kengo’s words made Masami and Yamapi became surprise at once.

 

 

Wh…what kisses? Masami whispered softly inside her heart. Then, her eyes looked back at Yamapi, and there she found the hunky man was looking hurt. At the sight, made her heart beat faster and scared flowed within her instantly. Is there anything that she did not know……something that Yamapi knew? Her instinct gave a very bad feeling about this. Shifting back her gaze to Kengo, the man had a smirk look on his face as he continued his words.

 

 

“You came to the company, this evening, right? You think I don’t know that? Gosh, you think I’m that stupid to not know you stepped in my territory. Oh…please.” Kengo mocked him. Masami gasped softly. Now, she knew what it means by that one. Trembling fearfully, she never lifted her gaze, afraid that she would encounter Yamapi’s gaze.

 

Listening to Kengo’s words made Yamapi tightened his jaw strongly than ever. He knew it? Knew he comes? Unknowingly, his eyes moved from the pale young man to his girlfriend. His gut turned to a tight knot seeing Masami did not even look at him. Somehow, her action and expression already gave him the real answer. And….he did not like that answer. Kengo’s voice woke him to reality back. Yet, the words that came out from his mouth were just like salt, rubbing his wound within his heart, make it more painful than before.

 

“By the way, what you saw from the witch’s office was not a lie. No…It is the truth! We kiss Yamapi…..kiss…” Kengo stressed on the last word making Yamapi trembled with anger. His eyes turned red, as his veins nearly popped out from his head.

 

“You don’t mean that, Kengo!!!!” With his trembled lips, Yamapi barked at the pale young man. Within him, he was already on fire. However, senses still control him from punching the pale man to death. 

 

Kengo tilted his head and glanced at Masami who never lifted her head. Her face was colourless and Kengo knew, the woman was scared; really scared that everything would be revealed at that moment. For him, he liked that…..he did not want to pretend anymore. Not when his eyes already sore, seeing her fake relationship with Yamapi. Smiling widely, Kengo spoke once agan.

 

 

“ Hahahahah…..of course we kiss!!! Lovers kiss….same with us. We are lovers…..behind you. In  front you, we are just…..pretending to be friends.” Kengo widened his eyes as he revealed to Yamapi on the his true relationship between him and Masami. With the statement from Kengo made Yamapi flared immediately.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous!!!Imposible!!”Yamapi’s deny words made the pale young man chortled loudly as he shook his head softly, as if he disbelief that the hunky man could not accept the truth.

 

“Impossible you say, Pi? Impossible? Gosh…Pi, I thought you saw it yourself. Our kisses. Ohhh!!!! Wait...actually, not only kisses. We did more than that…..more……. I bet you can see everything from the witch’s window, that we even do se…….”

 

“SHUT UP!!!” Unable to listen anymore, Yamapi snarled at the man. His knuckles already turned to white as he clutched his fist stronger than before. The memory of this evening played once again inside his mind.

 

 

 

“Don’t look, Yamaa san

 

“Move your hands, witch!!” He snapped at her. He circled her small wrists trying to take it from his eyes, but she holds it strongly than ever.

 

 Maki just shook her head. Roughly, Yamapi moved it despite of soft words she persuaded to him. Before his eyes could see it again, the woman pulled him into her embrace as she turned their bodies around, hugging him tightly than ever. At that time, she thought that was the only way to prevent the stubborn man from seeing it, learning about the painful reality.

 

“What are you doing!!!! Let me go!!! Let me…”

 

“Don’t look at it Yamaa san….Don’t…..” she whispered the words once again.

 

Gritting his teeth, Yamapi tried to pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter