CHAPTER 32: THE SPREADING RUMORS

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 32: THE SPREADING RUMORS

 

 

“That will be the last one. Thank you everyone….” Yamapi smiled widely to all his staffs as he closed his files. Murmurs filled within the meeting room as all people stood up and started to stroll out of the room.

 

 

“So, I shall check the information later in the Finance Department; asking Horikita san whether this project will be approved in terms of budget that we changed just now.”Ryo told Yamapi while looking at him. Lazily, Yamapi nodded as his eyes fixed on the documents.

 

 

“Or do you want to do it yourself?” Ryo poked the question to him making Yamapi turned his gaze toward the kansai man. There, he found out a cheeky grin was already dangled at the corner of the man’s lips as he folded both of his arms.

 

“You do it yourself….” Yamapi replied it coldly made Ryo raised his eyebrows. Then, something caught Ryo mind upon hearing his answer.

 

“Oh! Don’t say it…..ahh…now I understand. Heh!” Ryo finished it with a smirk plastered on his face, thinking about it. Yamapi rolled his eyes as if he understood what it means by the man’s chuckle at the end of his sentence. Instantly he shifted his dark gaze to the man and pinned a serious look. However, Ryo just smiled widely as he rubbed his nose while looking at him.

 

“Ryo chan….” Yamapi said his name softly while giving him a give-me-a-break look toward the kansai man. Strangely, the thin man smiled even wider, kept talking about it.

 

“Oh! It’s okay Pi. Don’t explain it. I understand it why you did not want to go to the finance department yourself. It must be the two of you already agree with anything that related to the project stuff. You discuss it first right? Gosh~I am so forgetful that you already married. Of course you are….Plus, the discussion must be happened between sheets last night after all, right? Fine…Fine….” Ryo snickered immediately making Yamapi groaned deeply. Feeling annoyed than ever, he pushed his files on the man’s chest and leaved the man alone in the meeting room. This made the kansai man laughed even louder while shaking his head.

 

                Yamapi pulled his necktie a bit as Ryo’s words rang inside his mind. Between sheets? What the heck between sheets? We don’t even go through our wedding night together! Thinking about what happened on that night made Yamapi mad immediately. Instantly, he fastened his pace till he reached elevator area. However, his pace stopped at the sudden sight. Instantly, his body became stiff and his heart clutched to a tight squeeze.

 

                It was Maki standing in front of the lift alone, without Toda Erika around her. How unusual for her to be alone without her secretary. But, that did not ease the uncomfortable feeling inside his heart. Even, his heart beat accelerated even faster. Unknowingly, Ryo was standing next to him. The man sudden words made him nearly leapt from its place.

 

“What are you looking at?”Ryo asked him as his eyes averted toward the same direction with her boss. There, he found out that Yamapi was looking at his wife from a far. Instantly, he teased his boss.

 

“Sheesh…you already get married with her almost two weeks right now. Aren’t you got enough seeing her at home?” With that words made the muscle near on his mouth knotted.  A piece of memory played inside his mind instantly.

 

Let’s get a divorce…Yamaa san….

 

                With that sudden notion, Yamapi ran his eyes to somewhere else as he clutched his hands tightly. Then, Ryo’s words made his anger reached higher as the kansai man teased more playfully. The man’s snickers annoyed him even more.

 

“Heh! I know. It must be like you are not satisfied being with her just for a while. That’s why I ask you to go for honeymoon, and yet, you give thousand reasons on not going on it. Saying you are busy, too many projects to handle, being…..” Without wasting any moment, Yamapi leaved the kansai man talked alone in the hallway. No! He could not hold it anymore. No more.

 

“Oi Pi….I haven’t finish my words yet!” Ryo called him while running after him. However, Yamapi ignored him and increased his pace.

 

                Frankly speaking, he hated what he had gone through at that moment. Not when his marriage at the pinnacle of the rock. Somehow, he felt extremely strange how it flows in his life. Of course!! Who don’t when your wife that you just married within twenty four hours, already asked for a divorce from you. Doesn’t that sound weird to you? Yamap raked his hair with frustration grew bigger inside him when the past two weeks’ event played once again inside his mind.

 

 

“What?!”Yamapi asked the woman in horror as if he did not disbelief the thing that she said out from . Swallowing hard, Maki pinned a serious look toward Yamapi who stood five feet from her.

 

“I said…let’s get a divorce, Yamaa san.” Yamapi was taken aback with the‘d’ word and became stunned than ever. Silence started to fill between two of them, as the silence of the night accompany them. Noticing Yamapi’s sudden shock, made Maki clasped her hands tighter as she continued her words.

 

“I…..Seriously Yamaa san, let’s be frank about this.We never love between each other, and you….you loves Nagasawa san. So…I….” Yamapi groaned loudly and raked his hair.

 

“Oh  God, Marina, we already talked about this before this. Between me and Masami is………”

 

“It’s not simple just like that!!! No!!!” Maki shrieked loudly as she cut Yamapi’s sentence making Yamapi startled. Then, Maki instantly reached her dress and clutched on it tighter, trying to calm herself. With her trembled voice, she continued her words with her wavering gaze locked on Yamapi’s dark gaze.

 

“Don’t deny yourself anymore Yamaa san…..don’t….I know you still loves her…..I can see it…I can see it today. Your eyes reflected everything….that you still loves her…..and also…you regret on losing her..I ..I know that Yamaa san.” Somehow, the woman’s words stabbed directly through her heart. The woman stepped back even further from as she looked panic than ever. Something that Yamapi never saw from her face as the usual composed woman.

 

“Even….I…..Frankly I don’t want this marriage at the first place either, Yamaa san.For me, it was the biggest mistake that I ever made in my life. I really regret on accepting it….not when I knew already that you still loves Nagasawa san. Deep in my heart….I… I know that you don’t want it to but…but…. Aoki san forced you too….making you agreed to it…..made you agree to this hopeless marriage…..” Maki cleared the main reason of her words.

 

Yamapi shut his eyes tightly upon hearing Maki’s nonsense reasons. Still, that did not hurt his heart as much as the word ‘regret’ filled in her reasons. She regretted marrying me? Regret? She thought that it was biggest mistake marrying him? Somehow, the thought of woman regret marrying him flicked the switch of rage within his heart. Opening his eyes, he tried his best to control his hectic and ragged breathes. He folded his arms as a sign of defensiveness while eyed the woman seriously.

 

“If you know this marriage is the mistake, then why did you agree to it at the first place, Marina? Why? You could tell me before the marriage happened. But you don’t!! Why!!?” Questions by questions came from his mouth, asking the woman’s for explanation. Instantly, Maki shot her answer toward the man.

 

“Because I forgot!!!” Yamapi raised his eyebrows as he scoffed upon hearing Mak’s answer. For him, her wife’s answer was ridiculous. Extremely ridiculous!

 

“I forgot Yamaa san….I forgot that I…..”Maki repeated her words before she felt lost as she did not know how to explain to the man.

 

 Somehow, the previous event played inside her mind, making fearness ignited within her; the fearness as well as the feeling of being insecurity that had been hidden inside her heart for the past few years. At that moment, her heartbeat started to accelerate when she could remember the feeling…..the painful feeling….However, Yamapi’s words brought her to reality, waking her from thinking it too deeply.

 

“You forgot what?”He asked sharply. Somehow, their conversation made some part of him became mad. Damn!! They are getting along fine until she spoke about divorce. How come she could think like that? Is he could not be trusted enough by her?

 

“I…..” Maki looked at him with hesitation flashed within her eyes. At the sudden sight made Yamapi tightened his jaw stronger.

 

“What is it Marina? What is the thing that makes you forgot and now you remember till you ask me to divorce you!!! Tell me!!” Yamapi barked angrily. At this moment, he could not tolerate anymore with her. Her words snapped some of his sanity in part of himself. However, Maki’s silence made he became angrier. Then, something flashed inside his mind; something that related to his curiosity on her before.

 

“Is it because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter