CHAPTER 47: THINGS THAT PEOPLE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT HER

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 47: THINGS THAT PEOPLE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT HER

 

The pain never stopped throbbing in her head since last night but Horikita Maki kept walking. There were a few times her steps staggered and she had to lean on the wall to support her. Her body was heavy and her sight became slightly blurred. Even though she was wearing a thick coat, still she felt cold and she did not know how many times she pulled it tighter just to warm her up. Without her knowledge, a guard came to her and bowed slightly.

 

“Konnichiwa Mrs. Yamaa,” the young man smiled as he greeted her. She returned it with a bow before looking at the man.

 

“What is it, Yamada san?” The woman spoke softly as she tried her best to give full attention toward the man.  felt dried and her lips parched. She needed to get home fast so that she could have the sleeping pills and took a rest. It was a tiring day for her.

 

“I want to inform you that the lift to your penthouse is not working. It is going to take some time for it to come back in service. We are very sorry about that.” The man told her as he showed the notice on the wall. At that moment, her heart beat accelerated rather than usual knowing what the man would suggest to her; something that she really did not like.

 

“So, you have to take the lift first until level fifty and then use the stairs to get into your penthouse. Just swap the house card on it and pressed the passwords as usual at the door.” The man added but Maki did not hear any single words the man told her. Her mind ran to somewhere else.

 

Stairs?

 

“If you have any problem, do ask me. Sorry for the inconvenience.” The man bowed before he walked away leaving her in dazed.

 

Maki did not know how long that it took for her to start walking again towards the lift. Her mind could not stop thinking about the staircase that she was going to use. Closing her eyes, she inhaled a deeper breath as she took the lift. Her finger tapped on the lift button written penthouse but it did not work like usual. Knowing that made nervous came all over her. Then, she tapped on the number fifty button and rode the lift with tense on her shoulders.

 

                Frankly, Maki did not like staircase. It was horrible place for her because it carried a lot of painful memories from her past. Usually, she managed to dodge from using it last five years. To use it again today was unlucky for her. Unknowingly, her hands gripped her handbag tightly as she tried to calm her heart. Due to her painful headache, she hardly can ease it out like usual. Even the medicine could not calm it although she took some of them already.

 

                The sounds of the lift opened brought Maki back to the reality making her realised that she reached her destination. Walking out of the lift, she realised she was the only in hallway. Nervous came again and this time it was worse than before. It was accompanied with things that she did not want to remember.

 

“You thought that I really want to become your friend? Tch! Hell no! I just want to use you. Just how Mukai is using you!

 

 

 Her feet moved towards the door which adjoined the hallway and the staircase to her penthouse. Her legs shivered but she continued her steps. More memories played inside her minds.

 

 

Yes…Mukai Osamu never loves you. NEVER! Do you want to know why? Well, for your information you are just a bet for him; a bet between him and his friends.

Surprise isn’t it?

The bet is easy, extremely easy. Just make you head over heels for him and he will win.

Hahaha….I don’t know you can easily fall into his trap that easily, Maki chan. A smart person like you can easily fall in that trap. How great it is.

 Do you want to know how much did he get from this bet?

It is hundred dollars; just hundred dollars.

See….even you are so cheap.

 

                Her feet stopped at the door. Tears filled her eyes with the sudden recollection. Maki swallowed hard and persuaded her weak heart to shove the memory aside. never stopped chanting saying she was okay and everything was fine.

 

“Yes, I am fine. Really fine.”

 

The words never stopped coming out from and Maki looked at the handle of the door. Quickly, she inserted the password of her penthouse and swapped on it. Instantly, the door clicked opened and the woman in black suit entered the staircase. Her feet quickened as she walked up the stairs. It was just a few steps and then she will be home; home where she can bury all painful memories there.  After a few minutes, she managed to reach the door. As she touched the door, a voice from her past whispered inside her.

 

You will never become a mother, Maki chan. Never…

               

                Maki turned around and as if the incident that happened five years before, played in front of her again. Oomasa Aya gave her a big smile as she walked gracefully towards her. Her words rang loudly in her ears and she still remembered every single of it.

 

You don’t know, Maki chan? The doctor told me you cannot get pregnant again.

And that means…. You are a barren woman.

A barren woman who will not having any child forever.

Imagine that.

Your dream to become a mother will become ashes.

All of them….become ashes!

 

“No….no…stop Aya chan. Stop…”Her words were soft and she shook her head as the woman’s laughter rang inside her head.

 

 Maki’s eyes went to the stairs and she could hear her painful cries from five years before. Immediately, both of her hands flew to her ears, trying to curb the sound from penetrating through her ears. Unfortunately, it was getting louder and she clamped from crying out loud. She could see everything which happened on that day. Everything….

 

 “Help me....help me, Aya chan. Help me….” never stopped saying the pleading words. Unfortunately, the woman in red coat did not move her body and even just looked at Maki at the top of the stairs.  A smile dangled at her corner lips.

 

“Opps…I did not mean to do it, Maki chan. My hands were slippery and I am sorry about that.” The woman, who owns long straight hair, said it pitifully as she walked down the stairs while looking at her.

Looking through her fringe, Horikita Maki bit her lips as the pain started to spread on her lower abdomen. She pressed both of her legs hard as she crouched on the cold floor, trying to disperse the throbbing sensations in it. Fear swarmed within her and she did not stop praying from her heart. She tried her best to ignore the hot, sticky wetness between her legs and thought all the positive things inside his mind.

 

Please save this baby….please.

Please…..

 

                The woman stood a foot from her, bending her body and eyed her carefully. Heaving a deep sigh, she slightly shook her head and smiled. Struggling with her pain, Maki’s fingers tried to reach the woman’s leg, trying to get help. Unfortunately, she pulled away and stepped back. Tears filled her eyes immediately but she fought back for the sake of her baby.

 

“Aya…help me. Help me….please…”

 

Maki stopped pleading as a set of spasm violently hit her making she groaned painfully. Immediately, her eyes ran to her feet and to her terror, dark red blood dripping from between her legs. Cries came out from . Quickly, her eyes went back to her best friend. There, she noticed the woman was looking at the blood which started to pool at her feet.

 

“A-Aya…helped me. Help me! Please! Please! Help me saving this baby. Please! Please!” Her hands tried to reach the woman. Unfortunately, the woman was too far away from her.

 

“Help you?” Aya tilted her head and slowly her feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter