CHAPTER 44:THE UGLY TRUTH

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 44: THE UGLY TRUTH  

               

Her steps were fast. There was urgency in it. Still, it was contra to her calm face. Once Maki noticed the head of her department, she fastened her steps even further. Pushing the door, she entered her office. Luckily, nobody was there. Not even Toda Erika. Somehow, the sight made calm seeped inside her blood immediately.

                Looking around, Maki found she was alone in there. Instantly, her feet dragged her to Erika’s table. Her brown round eyes wandered on the table. Frustration could be seen from her face as what she was looking for never been there. Unable to wait anymore, she bent down her body and started to pull one of the drawers.

 

Where is it….where is it

 

Maki mumbled alone while her hands rummaging inside the drawer. The room was filled with the sounds of clacking and rustling of stationeries.  Still, the thing was nowhere to be seen. Pushing the first drawer harshly, she pulled another one. Taking out all the files inside, Maki searched for it again till….

 

“What are you doing, Horikita san?” A woman’s voice startled her, waking up Maki to the reality. Instantly, she lifted up her gaze and found Toda Erika was standing at the door with her eyes fixed on her.

 

“I……” The word ended just like that. Her secretary, who was in dark blue office suit, cocked her head slightly. Her eyes wandered to her messy table and opened drawer. Then, she widened her eyes as something dawned inside her mind.

 

“Are you trying to find the pills, Horikita san?” With the sudden question, immediately Maki ran her eyes to somewhere else. She was caught red handed by her secretary.

 

                When Erika did not get any response from the woman, instantly she rushed toward her table and eyed her surroundings. Indeed, her boss did touch her place and drawers. Her gaze flew to Maki who stood just a few feet from her.

 

“Horikita san, it is just 24 hours. How come you easily give up like this?”scolded Erika to the woman who wore black suit.

She did not understand why it was difficult for the woman to give up on the sleeping medication. Why? What are the worst things that made the witch kept taking the medicine just to sleep? Those questions kept playing inside her mind and still she could not understand it.

 

“You don’t understand Toda san….I…..I really need those pills…” Maki sounded so desperate when she answered back her. Both of her eyes reflected pleading.

 

“Try what I suggested!! Knitting could help you cure those sleepless nights!”Erika barked back as anger flowed out from her immediately.

 

“I tried!! I tried already! But I…I couldn’t do it. It is too difficult!!” Maki cut the woman’s words first with more reasons. Seeing this made Toda Erika froze. She never saw this on her boss. Never in her life.

 

Immediately, Maki reached Erika’s hands and squeezed it. There, Erika could feel how tremble she was….how cold her hands were…and how those tugs were so desperate. Maki eyed travelled toward the woman’s face as she spoke more with her desperate voice.

 

“I need those pills, Toda san. I really need it now. Just give it back to me...please…..”Erika shook her head hard.

 

“You can’t rely on the medicine forever, Horikita san! No!”

 

“I know! But I can’t help it,Toda san! I can’t!” Her breath stopped as the woman’s face reflected thousand emotions that Erika never saw before on the woman. Even, tears started to glisten in both her brown eyes.

 

“It just…..I can’t handle it anymore…I can’t…” With her short breath, Maki continued with her trembling voices.

 

“Those bad dreams kept coming back at me…..and ….and I don’t think I can handle it anymore. I….I can’t…..”Her words trailed off as tears started to jerk of from her eyes. Unable to support herself, slowly she slumped down on the floor as her hand tugged on Erika’s trousers.

 

“I can’t handle it anymore…..those dreams are cruel…very cruel. I…..I…” Her words stopped as Maki bit her lips together.

 

At that moment, she did not think she could continue her words. Not when the emotions that she tried to hold for a long time could not be hold any longer. Nor her heartbreaking cries. She tried her best to stifle the painful moan and bitter cries, trying to hide her broken emotion and her wounded heart from her secretary….from everyone. Still…. the emotions were too much for her. Too much….

 

Noo…..

Say it is a lie, Yuya!!

Say it!!

That I…..that I don’t lose the baby…

I don’t…..

 

 With that echoed inside her mind, Maki cries became even harder. Her body shook terribly, and tears streamed down on her face. Immediately, Erika kneeled down on her knees and embraced the broken woman. Tears rushed from her eyes when she saw the witch’s condition. Somehow, regret and guilty were the only thing inside Erika’s heart at the moment.

 

**********************************************************************************

Before Kengo’s hand could reach her face, a hand grabbed it and held it strong. Immediately the pale man snapped his head and his jaw tightened seeing the owner of the hand. The man dark eyes wandered from him before moved to Masami. Anger could be seen from his face as he discovered what the man had done to her.

 

“What the heck are you doing, Kengo!” Yamapi’s anger voice broke the silence of the room making Masami snapped her eyes open. A soft gasp came out from noticing the man who held Kengo’s hand.

 

“Pi…..”The words flew out from Masami’s mouth as she discovered Yamapi stood in behind Kengo. There, she could see anger surfaced on the man’s face. However, a mocking laughter grabbed Masami’s attention back.

 

“My oh my….looks who’s here. An ex-boyfriend……” Kengo cocked his head slightly as a smirk plastered on his face.  His hands remained on Masami as he just looked at Yamapi arrogantly. Ignoring the man’s sarcastic words on him, Yamapi hissed angrily toward the man.

 

“Damn Kengo! What the heck are you doing to Masami!” Yamapi gripped on the man’s hands stronger. His eyes darted back toward Masami and found that the deep blue bruise appeared on the woman’s face. Even, her corner lips bleed terribly. This made anger crawled to every part of him.

 

“Why Pi? Do you feel hurt seeing her like this?” An irritating laugh flew out from the pale skin man’s mouth as he pinned his eyes with him.

 

“Shut up you son of b**ch!” Roughly, Yamapi grabbed the man’s collar and held Kengo closer to him. At that moment, he could no longer be patient with the man. No more!! Seeing Masami’s condition gave him all the answers to his questions all these time. One main thing he knew that Kengo is dangerous. Extremely dangerous.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter