one. [Edited]

It Was Exquisite [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you, you’re the best Minyeon. See you when I get home.” I placed my phone down on the table and took a sip of my strawberry caramel macchiato.


Mmmm, perfection.


For the past year now, I have been working as an interior designer, running my very own business along with my older sister Minyeon, who is my assistant. It’s tiring really, having to do so much research to exceed our clients expectation of what they want. But the work is worth doing, seeing the looks on their faces lighting up. Drinking my coffee, I glimpse at the time on my phone.


“!”

The time on my phone shows 6:30 PM I have exactly half an hour to get to the hospital. I look outside the window, and it’s pouring outside like crazy and with my car at the repair shop. It will take me more than an hour to arrive, I quickly stand up putting on my coat on, umbrella, and belongings and exit the cafe. I open my umbrella and run down the sidewalk trying to catch up to the crosswalk before it turns red. Today was the day I had to wear heels; it didn't matter though I just knew I had to get to the hospital before visiting hours are over. Once I got to the crosswalk, the light had already turned red, I sulk in place waiting for the traffic light to turn green. Out of nowhere some white car drives carelessly in front of me splashing all the dirty rain water in my direction, getting my whole attire wet. Great! There is no way I can visit looking like this, ugh. It’s this driver’s fault, I walk towards the car, knocking furiously at the driver’s window.


“HEY! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!” I screamed still knocking, the driver slowly rolls their window down and in shock I didn’t expect to see him again. From the news, they said Jonghyun was out of the hospital due to a car accident didn’t think they would allow him to drive again so quickly.


“Sae-Rin...? Is that you?” He chuckles removing his shades.


“Jonghyun?” I replied back. Yes, after six years I never thought I would see him in person.


I didn’t know what to say after that, I stood there in the rain awkwardly staring at him.
 
“Don’t just stand there Saerin, you’re soaking wet! Get inside,” He commanded, gesturing me to sit beside him and without a second thought I closed my umbrella then scurried to the passenger seat.
 
Once I got in buckling up my seatbelt, he shifts the gear to drive and drove straight ahead. I rubbed my hands against my legs trying to keep myself warm.


“I’m sorry, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter