Kris's first mission

The little things

~ Next day ~

 

Tao groaned sleepily at his phone as his message tone chimed over and over again at him. Stretching his arm as far as he could he tried to reach the thing without moving from his bed, convincing himself that if he just flexed his fingers a few more times it’d somehow move to him. The ring tone got steadily louder and eventually giving up the teen heaved himself out of bed and opened the message, wishing for a second that he could borrow Luhan’s telekinesis every now and then.

Reading the text Tao looked to his bedroom door then back to his phone. Suho had sent the message for him to go downstairs to the living room. Not bothering to send a reply Tao pulled a black jumper on over his vest top and stepped out his room, still wondering why Suho hadn’t just come to get him rather than send a text.

Walking into the living room Tao saw Suho sat alone, joining him on the sofa the teen sleepily rubbed his eyes and grumbled under his breath that he was the only one that was woken up. Almost as the complaint left his lips Kai flashed into the room and flopped onto one of the arm chairs in the room. Chen was the next to walk in and Tao was slightly surprised to see him pull Kris in along with him. Shaking off the weird pang of anger he got at seeing Chen sit next to Kris on the sofa opposite himself and Suho Tao turned to face the leader, waiting to find out why they’d be called down at 7 in the morning on a Saturday.

“Kris, we’ve got a task for you.”

Considering the boy had only been around for a few days the small group all reacted to the news with the same surprised expressions as Suho continued. “There’s a woman, Lee Hyunae, she’s planning to commit suicide today. We can’t let that happen.” Kris nodded to him, accepting the task and smiling Suho gave him a small piece of paper with an address scribbled on it. Reading it over Kris’s shoulder Chen cocked his head to the side confused, “isn’t this place a florists?”

“Yeah. And?”

“Why are we saving a florist?” Chen was used to being the one that asked the questions, his inquisitiveness always got the best of him, luckily Suho was used to this kind of behaviour and so was prepared with his answer. “Her husband is a scientist, he brings in the most funding at the astrology centre he works for. She dies, he quits. He quits, the centre closes. The centre closes, EXO Planet isn’t discovered, let alone saved.” Silenced by the explanation the boys all took a moment to let the shock sink in, a little shocked that one person could affect their lives so much.

The atmosphere was broken as Sehun stepped into the room, still in his baby blue pyjamas, and sat down, leaning against Tao sleepily. “Sorry, my phone was on silent, what’s happening?” Tao put his arm around Sehun’s shoulders, letting the boy lean against him more comfortably, absentmindedly his hair, gently untangling the knots with his fingers he spoke softly to the tired teen. “Basically Kris has his first mission.”

“Why did you call us down here for that?” Kai sounded irritated and, with the exception of Kris, everyone in the room knew why. A mission like this would usually be his to take care of and he still didn’t trust Kris. Suho chose to ignore the younger boy’s irritation in favour of saying what he needed to say before he could change his mind about leaving Kris to do something important. “Well, we can’t just let Kris be seen flying around so Sehun, Chen and I are gunna build up a little storm so people, hopefully, stay inside and those that don’t shouldn’t be able to see him. You and Tao are the backup plan in case something goes wrong.” Catching Kris’s eye and smiling politely at him Suho added a quick reassurance, “not that it will.” Without waiting for any more information or actually accepting his role Kai teleported himself out of the room. Ignoring the childish Kai was displaying Suho stood up and continued to address the boys, “Chen, Sehun, if you don’t mind I want the storm to have a slow build up. Don’t want anyone noticing weird weather patterns.” Nodding the two boys stood up, Sehun rising slower, and left to get ready. “Kris make sure you’re ready at eleven, she jumps at ten past. Tao I’m leaving it to you to make Kai’s ready, just in case.” The leader left pretty quickly, knowing that if he stuck around much longer Tao would start asking about where he got his information again.

It was obvious Kris was nervous and Tao understood why, he’d just been handed somebody’s life. That kind of responsibly was scary enough without knowing that not only was that one person’s life in danger but also the fate of their planet. Standing up Tao walked to Kris and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “You’ll do fine.”

 

A/N - sorry if this is boring... I promise it'll be more interesting soon >.<

Let me know what you think?? ~~