Tense times

The little things

Tao and Kris were quick to arrive at the old warehouse, entering the main living area they saw Suho, Kai, D.O, Chen and Xiumin. All the boys looked extremely sullen, Suho was so deep in thought he didn't notice Tao and Kris entering until Xiumin and Chen stood up to greet them, as they did Suho looked up and gave a halfhearted smile. 

"Hey. You two want to sit down? I'll get drinks while we wait for Chanyeol and Baekhyun." 

Nodding Kris and Tao say with other as Suho, followed by Kai, left to get drinks. Turning to Xiumin Kris spoke to him, concern clear in his voice.

"What's happened? Why did Suho ask us to come here?"

Xiumin frowned a little, not sure how much he should say before Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrived.

"There's been an accident, Suho asked you to come because Luhan was involved so he wanted us all here." 

Nodding Kris opened his mouth to ask another question but was interrupted by Chanyeol and Baekhyun walking into the room, dragging their luggage behind them, bright smiles in place.

"Hey guys. What's everyone doing here?"

Suho and Kai came in at the question, both holding a tray with drinks on. Kai set his tray down with a slam and glared at the pair.

"Maybe you'd know if you answered your damn phones." 

After putting the tray he was holding down Suho held up his hand to Kai and gestured him to take a seat. Once everyone was settle Suho cleared his throat, looking mainly toward Tao, Kris, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

"Luhan and Sehun had an accident on their road trip. The caravan they hired crashed and they both got hurt pretty badly. Lay's with them at the hospital now and they're stable but Luhan wont be out for at least a week but Sehun only has to stay overnight." 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun felt awful, both looking down at their feet the boys thought over the situation, feeling guilty for not having been around to help. Tao was pursing his lips, worry clear on his face as his waited for Suho to continue. Kris still looked concerned but his expression was mostly thoughtful, trying to figure out why no one had come to tell them about this as it was happening, knowing Tao's abilities could have helped the situation.

"I wanted you all to know that while Luhan is in hospital I want to figure out a way for us to work together to continue our mission. I made the mistake of thinking I could save someone without Tao's help and that almost cost Kai getting caught, now Luhan tried to save Sehun on his own and got more injured himself, this crash has shown me that despite the disloyalty some of you have shown me, we need to work together." 

Xiumin and Chen both glanced at Kris and gave him a small nod to show they were ok with what Suho was saying, Tao kept quiet, not really wanting to even look at Suho after the small reminder of what had happened between them and Kris gave the older man a polite smile.

"I think that would be best. You have my number and I have yours. We'll discuss this more when we have someone to save. For the time being I'd like to take my team to our home to clean up before we visit Luhan and Lay." 

Suho nodded then stood up and walked to Kris, the two shook hands before Kris, followed by Tao, Xiumin and Chen, left the others to go home. Once they were gone Suho smiled at the others while beginning to leave the room. 

"Kai, you ok to pick Sehun up later?" 

The teen nodded to his leader and watched the older man leave the room before turning a cold stare on Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

"Why didn't you answer your phones?"

 Quickly throwing up a glare of his own Baekhyun stood quickly to respond. 

"We just got back from a holiday Kai, it wasn't our first thought to check for emergencies." 

Rolling his eyes Kai vanished from the room without another word, leaving D.O to quietly slip out while Baekhyun sat back besides Chanyeol.  To say the least things were tense between the group and as Chanyeol sat trying to calm Baekhyun he silently hoped Kris and the others were having an easier time.