Unpleasant return

The little things

((A/N - quick recap.   On the last day of their holiday Sehun and Luhan's caravan crashed (badly) leaving both boys very injured. Kai's abilities brought him to the site of the crash as an instinct the members being hurt- Kai's sudden disappearance means D.O is still in japan waiting for Kai to come down with their luggage.  Unable to remember where any of the other boys were Kai went to Xiumin and Chen for help so they are at the scene of the crash. Xiumin tells Kai to get Lay and so the teen relies on his instincts and focuses on the boy rather than the location and is able to find Suho and Lay and bring them to help. The other members don't show until they return from their holidays as planned. Tao and Kris are told about what has happened but Chanyeol and Baekhyun are blissfully unaware. )) 

 

As soon as he took in what had happened Xiumin looked at Kai and spoke as calmly as he could. 

"Get Lay." 

Once Kai was gone Xiumin took towards the wreckage as fast as his legs would carry him, once he reached the caravan he could hear the sound of Sehun crying softly, his breath coming in wheezes.  Xiumin climbed into the caravan through the sunroof and was quickly followed by Chen. Both boys looked around trying to see where the other two boys were. They both spotted Sehun first. He was sat in the drivers seat, his seatbelt keeping him from falling to the ground he hung slightly from the chair, his arm loosely swaying down towards the ground and his head lolling that way. Quickly Xiumin made his way over to the teen, trying to keep a calm head as he approached Sehun.  Once he was closer Xiumin could see the array of cuts and bruises Sehun had gotten during the crash, the teen's face bleeding where a small piece of glass, that could have come from either the windscreen or his side window, was protruding from just above his left eyebrow and there was a large reddish-black bruise forming and swelling on his left cheek.  Sehun opened his eyes at hearing Chen and Xiumin approached but instantly because hysterical as he realised what had happened. The second the teen found his voice he was looking around and calling for Luhan. Xiumin spoke over the teen, trying to keep his tone calm while raising his voice about Sehun's. 

"Sehun, calm down. We need to get you out if here then we'll get Luhan, ok?"

It was clear Sehun was paying no attention as he thrashed around in his seat, screaming out Luhan's name.  Ignoring Sehun's behaviour Xiumin told Chen to hold the boy as he undid the seatbelt, Sehun fell into Chen's arms with a hiss of pain and had to catch his breath before screaming for Luhan again. Looking around Xiumin spotted Luhan trapped, pinned between the caravan wall and the oven that had been inside the vehicle. Feeling slightly better that he at least knew where Luhan was Xiumin helped Chen carry the hysterical Sehun to safety, managing to drag the teen out of harms way just as Kai appeared with Lay and Suho.  Xiumin could see the shock and fear on Lay's face, leaving Chen to deal with Sehun Xiumin approached Lay but as he did the other boy began to run towards the wreckage. Looking back at the vehicle Xiumin looked at the same fire from before and quickly attempted grabbing Lay's arm to stop him running towards the caravan just as the flames at a pool of gas spilling from the wreckage, the instant the flames and gas met the entire caravan was engulfed in flames and a loud explosion pushed both Lay and Xiumin back.  Xiumin held Lay back as the teen tried to run again into the flames.

"There's nothing you can do."

Shaking his head with tears streaming down his face Lay pushed against Xiumin, shouting at him.

"Don't be stupid. I can heal him, if you just let me get to him I can heal him!" 

Unable to restrain the teen Xiumin instead went with him to the fire, using his own abilities to freeze over the flames that they needed to pass to get to Luhan.  The site was unbearable. The explosion had pushed the oven off Luhan and thrown him back against the rear of what remained of the caravan. His body was completely covered in burns, his face almost unrecognisable through cuts, swelling and burns. Quickly kneeling besides the injured boy Lay got to work trying to heal him, putting every ounce of strength he could muster into getting Luhan to open his eyes. 

Xiumin watched the situation helplessly as Lay meekly pleaded with the unconscious Luhan to get up. Slowly some of the burns faded into less serious ones but still didn't go completely. After a while of using his powers Lay began to feel weak but wouldn't let up until, slowly, very slowly Luhan's eyes flickered open and in a raspy, tired voice he whispered. 

"That's enough." 

Unknowingly Lay had put so much pressure into his abilities he'd given himself a nosebleed but that was nothing compared to the bruising, swelling and now light burns that covered Luhan's skin. Xiumin and Lay managed to get Luhan to the others and the second they sat him down Sehun collapsed by his side, clinging to the older boy and sobbing apologies. Suho let the two have their moment while getting the others to come to him.

"Kai, you need to take everyone back to where they were or it'll look really weird on our passports not going through security to get back to Korea but before that get those two to hospital. Once you've taken Lay and I as well and Xiu and Chen back to fly home go tell Tao and Kris to come straight to our headquarters when everyone gets back. Got it?"

Kai gave a quick nod then went to do as instructed, taking Sehun and Luhan to the nearest hospital he could think of before taking everyone back to their holiday destinations to fly home the proper way.  Once everyone was back he himself returned to Japan, giving D.O an explanation as they boarded their plane and flew back to Korea.