Leaders meet

The little things

After a few days in the warehouse the boys had figured out a pretty decent routine. Everyone had their own specific chores, their own training routines and their own free time. As much as he didn’t like to disrupt the flow of things Kris had to sit the boys down to allocate them different tasks for the day.

“Ok, um, Luhan I need you and Chen to go pick up the new furniture I ordered for the kitchen, you can take my car if you don’t think it’ll fit in yours.” Luhan took Kris’s car keys, more to get the opportunity to drive the boy’s jeep than because he didn’t think the furniture would fit in his own car, and he and Chen left while Kris addressed the rest of the boys. “Xiumin, Tao, there’s a woman, Park Jaehwa, a campfire get’s out of control in the high park in like an hour and half, she gets badly burnt and stops working on her research, we need that research.” Understanding what their leader meant Xiumin half jogged upstairs to get ready while Tao waited, already dressed. “Lay, if it’s ok, I need you to go to Busan and pick something up for me.” Kris handed the younger boy a folded slip of paper and spoke seriously, “don’t look at it, don’t ask any questions about it. Just collect. It’s small enough to fit in your bike.” Tucking the paper in his pocket Lay left the room to get some warmer clothes and his helmet. Looking up at the older boy Tao cocked his head to the side a little and frowned at him a little. Smiling softly Kris spoke nonchalantly to the teen.

“It’s nothing serious, it’s kind of embarrassing actually. I’ll tell, just not now.” Luckily for Kris Xiumin walked back into the room before Tao could ask any more questions, shrugging on a jacket the boy opened the front door and looked over at the boys.

“You ready Tao?” Still looking at Kris the teen gave a little nod and got off the sofa. Standing in front of Kris Tao looked the older boy over trying to decide if he was hiding something bad or if he was actually just embarrassed about whatever it was he wanted Lay to pick up, not convinced either way Tao kept his frown in place as he tip toed a little to place a quick kiss on the older boy’s cheek before leaving with Xiumin.

 

Nodding to himself Kris picked up Luhan’s car keys and left the warehouse. Kris reluctantly hoped into the boy’s electric blue Toyota RAV4 and, adjusting the driver’s seat and mirrors for his height, started the drive to the bar Suho had agreed to meet him at.

He ended up arriving about ten minutes early and decided he had time to have a drink before the younger boy arrived. The barman served Kris without question and taking his beer to one of the small two-person booths Kris waited patiently, mulling over what he would ask the boy once he arrived.

Suho walked into the bar about fifteen minutes later and nodded to Kris before walking to the bar and ordering a drink for himself and another for Kris. Walking to the boy’s booth Suho sat Kris’s glass down and took a drink of his own before placing it on the table.

“I’ll be honest, I didn’t think you’d come.” Lightly shaking his head Suho half-smiled at the older boy.

“Just because I’m angry they left, doesn’t mean I don’t care about them. What’s happened?” Picking up his own pint Kris drank slowly, giving himself time to think.

“I don’t know how to lead Suho. I mean we’ve got a pretty good routine at the moment but I don’t know how to connect with them or keep them happy. I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“I’ll be honest Kris. I’ve been with most of them for a good two/three years and I still have no idea what I’m doing. But, there is one thing that always helps.” Eyes widening at the prospect of something good happening Kris straightened up a little and waited patiently while Suho took a swig of his beer. “Time off. I think after everything that’s happened recently it might be good to send them all on their merry way, for the weekend or something. There’s nothing a little holiday can’t fix and I always have money put away for it.” Thinking about it Kris understood more and more what good a holiday would do for the group, just some time to themselves, not having to worry.

“What if someone needs to be saved while we’re gone?” Sighing a little Suho picked his glass up again and held it as he spoke, sincerity seeping through his words.

“Sometimes their happiness is worth a little headache and a nosebleed.” Remembering the agony that had driven through his entire body when Myung Dae had died Kris shuddered a little and took a large gulp of his beer.

“So a holiday?” Suho gave a curt nod to Kris and took another small sip before setting his glass on the table again.

“Just a little weekend thing, but let them plan it.”

 

 

A/N - Yup... that's what I was building up to

the boys are going on holiday ^_^

(not as a big group of 12 though, they're splitting off to go to different places)