Dealing with change (K)

The little things

“Suho can’t we just call them back?” Sehun was the one to finally say what they were all thinking as the boys sat around trying to figure out what they were going to do about their newest mission.

“We can do this without them.” Running his fingers through his hair Sehun looked around the room to the other four boys trying to get some support from any of them as he spoke, “We have to give this Park Myung Dae the pills right?” Still thinking of alternatives Suho nodded to the teen off handily causing Sehun to raise his voice a little, “then we need Tao. How can we do this without his abilities, he always does the pill missions.” From his position, laying across the sofa with his head resting on Kai’s lap D.O spoke up speaking to himself more than anything else.

“Couldn’t Kai just flash into the guys office, drop the pills in a drink or something and then leave?” There was a moment of silence as each boy considered D.O’s idea before Sehun shook his head at the fifth solution they’d come up with so far, “How’s he gunna know when the office is empty? What if someone sees him there?” Feeling guilty for shooting down every idea the boys could come up with Sehun fidgeted a little in his seat and tried, again, to bring Suho around to letting the others back to the facility. “We could just call Tao, none of the others, ask him to freeze time, Kai can flash into the building, slip the guy the medicine then go-” Holding up his hand to cut the teen off Suho stood up and spoke through his stress, knowing exactly what the boy was trying to do, “Sehun can you go shopping? There’s a list of stuff we need on the dining table, Baek, Chan, you guys go with him. Now, please.” Trying to ignore the tension in the air as the three boys filtered slowly out of the room D.O looked up at Kai, sensing the teen’s unease he poked Kai’s chin to get his attention and mouthed up at him, “you ok?” The corners of his mouth tilting up a little Kai nodded and took D.O’s hand in his own to stop the boy poking him again.

Once only Suho, D.O and Kai were in the room Suho stood up and spoke to the two boys, “Ok, there’s a hotel near enough to Myung Dae’s company building to be able to see his office with a telescope. We’re going to rent a room there, we’ll scout the office and when it’s empty Kai’ll flash over, drop the pills in a drink or whatever then back to us, ok?” Both boys nodded to their leader and watched as he stormed out of the room to book the hotel.

D.O and Kai stayed in silence once Suho was gone, having the chance to not do anything was nice and it gave them both the chance to realise that they had ended up holding hands. Remaining in silence D.O shifted a little so his head was resting more comfortably on Kai’s lap and looked at their hands. Kai couldn’t help but smile slightly at the cuter way D.O shifted and following the older boy’s gaze he moved slowly, keeping their palms together he pressed his hand against D.O’s and fitting his fingers between the older boy’s he slowly moved closed his hand over D.O’s. Looking at Kai’s fingers intertwined with his own D.O was relatively fast to react, affectionately squeezing the younger boy’s hand, he started slowly rubbing the pad of his thumb over Kai’s skin.

Smiling naturally at the soft touch Kai switched his gaze from the touch to D.O’s face, the teen was immersed in staring at Kai’s hand in his, his eyes followed the movement of his thumb and his lips were parted a little, the corners tilted in a slight smile as he focused all his attention on the small gesture.

“Hey Kyungsoo” snickering at Kai’s use of his real name D.O answered with laughter in his voice

“Yeah Jongin”

“I’m happy it’s going to be you looking out for me.” Meeting Kai’s gaze the older boy almost blushed at the intensity behind the teen’s eyes. Managing not to shy away D.O smiled up at Kai and answered as honestly as he could

“I’ll always be the one looking out for you.” Suddenly dropping Kai’s hand and sitting up D.O turned to face the younger boy and spoke to him earnestly.

“After this mission, if it’s ok with you, I want to talk to Suho about,” pausing D.O swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and shyly ducked his head as he finished his sentence quietly.

“us.”

A cheeky smirk in place Kai looked D.O up and down and asked his question with mocked confusion, “Us? What about us?” D.O knew the teen was messing with him and avoiding his eyes the older boy played with the collar of his shirt to give himself a distraction.

“You know what I mean.” Finding D.O’s sudden shyness adorable Kai leant towards him and brushed some hair away from his face so he could look at him properly.

“If you can’t talk to me about it, how are you going to talk to Suho?” Covering Kai’s hand with his own to keep him in place as he spoke D.O lightly bit his bottom lip and tried to sound as confident as possible.

“I- I like you Kai. I want to be the only one that’s aloud to protect you. I want to be able to tell people to back off when I think they’re getting too close and not just sound like a creepy friend. I want you to get angry and upset and transport to me, not anyone or anywhere else. I want to be with you.” Surprised by the serious answer and by how easily D.O spoke about his feeling Kai attempted to quickly think of a good way to express himself.

“We’ll talk to Suho as soon as we get back.”

 

 

A/N- please comment..

I'm really worried I'm boring you guys >.< please tell me what you think if it's not too much trouble ^_^