Natural leader

The little things

Kris was left in the kitchen with Kai and Chen, he smiled politely at the pair and decided if he was going to be stay with them for a while he may as well talk to people other than Tao. Chen, noticing that Kris was alone moved to a seat up the table closer to him and offered the boy his hand, shaking it Kris pushed his food away from himself a little and sat more comfortably while Chen introduced himself. “Hey, I’m Chen, this is Kai. Kris right?” Before Kris could answer Kai shot a glare at Chen and stood up, “when I want to introduce myself to him I will.” The boy glanced at Kris warily, eyes cold and distant, before turning his attention back to Chen “Don’t talk about me.” Instead of taking the door like everyone Kai left the room by transporting himself out leaving a slight breeze behind him.

Chen gave an apologetic half-smile to Kris before leaning forwards and taking the boy’s hand in his own to look at his badge. “It’s like a dragon, cool.” Dropping Kris’s hand Chen showed the boy his own badge and smiled proudly, “it’s a scorpion, see?” Chen traced his finger over the pattern happily as Kris looked and nodded at the badge.

“It’s pretty cool, so what can you do?” Rather than explain Chen held his hand out, palm up, and sent a stream of lightning from his thumb to his index finger, smiling again as Kris’s eyes widened, impressed. “Nice, I’d demonstrate but there really isn’t enough room to fly in here.” Chen stifled a chuckle at the ‘subtle’ way Kris told him he could fly and took a bite of the other boy’s breakfast.

Relaxing into his seat now that he’d had a good look at Kris’s badge Chen smiled sweetly and looked the guy up and down. He didn’t seem like any kind of a threat. “So, you’re really ok with being here?” The question was simply enough but Kris still took a minute to think over his answer.

“I guess. I’m kinda curious about everything, I mean it’s pretty cool knowing more about the badge and stuff.” Figuring Chen was trustworthy enough Kris started to feel more comfortable talking to him openly. “So Tao explained the whole EXO Planet thing to me, how do you guys know who’s gunna help save it? And how do you save them? How much do you guys actually know about the planet, do you remember it?” Kris stopped speaking when he realised that he was probably asking too many question but Chen didn’t seem too bothered by it as he scratched his head in thought.

“Hmm.. I guess the easy way to explain it would be that Suho just tells us. Usually Tao, Luhan and Lay handle the saving since most of the time it’s suited to their powers. The rest of us only really help when the cause of the premature death is a fight or something.” Chen paused to think again, his face scrunching in concentration, “I don’t remember anything about the actual planet, but we were all raised on Earth so I doubt anyone remembers. To be honest we just kind of found each other, like how you found Tao. I think Kai and Luhan were the first two to find each other, after that Tao met them and then Suho found them like three years ago or something and they moved here.” Kris remembered Tao telling him that Suho owned this place and that was part of the reason he’d become their leader. The missions to save people had only started when Suho had found them. “Lay and Xiumin were already here when those three came and then I joined.” Thinking again Chen counted the members on his fingers and realised he was short, “I don’t really remember the order of the others but D.O, Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol all turned up around the same time like two-ish years ago, and then you so no. I don’t think anyone actually remembers anything about the Planet.” Both boys were silent for a moment, luckily things didn’t get the chance to become awkward as Xiumin burst into the kitchen followed by Luhan and Tao who caught him before he could duck under the table. Luhan held the boy in place while Tao attacked him with the pen he was holding, managing to scribble a moustache onto the boy’s smooth skin before he could break away from Luhan.

“That’s not cool Tao, come on.” Laughter in his voice Xiumin his thumb and rubbed the black line off his face. All three boys were breathing heavily as Tao blocked the doorway, “Where’s my wushu stuck Xiu?”Moving around the table to hide behind Chen Xiumin, breathing heavier than Luhan or Toa’s rose his hands in mock defeat, “I’ll tell you, if you promise not to use it on me.”

“If you don’t give me a reason to use it, I won’t.” Luhan giggled at Tao’s tease happily but Xiumin’s face dropped, moving to hide behind Kris he looked around the room trying to figure out an exit strategy. Kris was fine with the teasing and all but as Luhan climbed onto the table to reach over him and reach for Xiumin he thought maybe things were starting to go too far. As Xiumin dodged the older boy’s attack Chen joined in by wrapping his arms around Xiumin’s waist and lifting him off the ground, Luhan quickly hoped off the table and tacked both boys to the floor, Tao was quick to join the bundle and the cries of laughter and mock pain from Xiumin were loud enough to be heard across the world. Standing up over the boys Kris cleared his throat and spoke calmly to the bundle, his voice easily carrying over the noise they were making, “guys. Cut it out.” Their eyes simultaneous snapped up to him and shy smiles in place they quietly got to their feet. Kris hadn’t really expected them to listen to him but was happy it had worked all the same, he couldn’t stand so much noise. Seeing how far he could push his luck Kris looked directly at Xiumin and crossed his arms over his chest, “where’s Tao’s wushu stick?” Looking at his feet Xiumin mumbled a quick, “it’s under Lay’s bed” and quickly ran from the room before Tao, or anyone else, could stop him.

Without a word Tao left to get his wushu stick back leaving Kris, Chen and Luhan in the kitchen again. Luhan rubbed the small of his back and pouted at Chen, “that’s why I couldn’t sleep last night” Chen put his arm over Luhan’s shoulders and pouted sympathetically back at him, “aww, you poor thing~ come on, let’s go watch a movie or something.” Luhan nodded and let Chen walk him towards the door, before leaving the boy turned back to face Kris and smiled warmly at him, “You coming Kris?”

 

A/N- Sorry if these chapters are really really a little boring, just trying to establish the characters before getting into anything too much~

any questions just ask ^.^