Lay

The little things

Staring at his phone Lay swallowed back is tears and tucked the thing back in his pocket before dropping the basket of food he was holding to the ground and running out of the grocery shop he’d been in. Pulling on his helmet Lay hoped onto his Yamaha YZF-R6 and revved the engine a few time before speeding onto the road. Dodging passed the cars and skipping several red lights he rode to the warehouse they were in the middle of moving into and skidded to a halt. Taking off his helmet the boy wiped his eyes on the back of his hand and swallowed back his tears. Half jogging to the room he and Luhan would have been sharing the boy picked up the luckily unpacked boxes that had his stuff in and carried them to the room furthest away from that one. Once he’d moved all his things he walked back into Luhan’s room and angrily ripped open the older boy’s boxes. Digging through each he found every picture the boy had of them together, every gift he’d given the boy and all the clothing he’d let him borrow and, doing the first thing that came to mind, opened the large window in the room and threw everything outside. Xiumin called up the stairs to find out what was going on but Lay ignored him in favour of storming out of the warehouse and getting back on his bike. He wasn’t thinking properly as he turned down all the roads that would lead him there. Going off route he took the dirt path he always skipped through when he was on his bike and skidded to a halt in front of the old facility.

He didn’t get off his bike. Staring at the doors to what used to be his home the boy contemplated going in and telling them all that Sehun had basically betrayed them by secretly meeting with Luhan. He wanted to charge in and demand that Suho do something about it. After about half an hour of staring at the building the boy concluded that it wouldn’t be fair to Luhan. He started to regret his stupid behaviour and knew he’d have to man up and apologise to Luhan for throwing his stuff outside. Revving his engine to life again Lay pulled away from the facility a little, as he turned back to the road he saw Suho’s car pulling up. Knowing it’d look weird if he sped off now Lay took the keys out of his bike and kicked the stand into place. Sitting his helmet on the seat of his bike Lay leant against it and half-smiled as Suho hoped out of his car with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. At seeing the boy Suho passed the shopping bags he was holding to the other two boys and instructed them to go inside as he jogged to Lay.

“What are you doing here?” There was a small amount of obvious spite in the boy’s voice as he spoke but Lay understood why, trying to keep his emotions in check Lay spoke calmly.

“I’m not really sure.” Cocking his head to the side Suho gathered pretty quickly that the boy was upset but that didn’t give him the right to come back after betraying him. But as much as he didn’t want to Suho instinctively felt protective of the boy and softening up a little he swallowed back his pride and indicated for Lay to walk with him.

“Come on then, what’s up?” Following Suho to the field at the back of the facility Lay tucked his hands in his pockets and lagged a little behind. The boy knew he’d chosen to leave with Kris and the others but he still respected Suho as a leader and he needed someone to talk to.

“Luhan broke up with me.” Lay had to blink heavily to stop any tears escaping his eyes as the words passed his mouth the reality of the situation really sunk in. Suho nodded at the information and let out a light sigh.

“Sehun?” Surprised again by Suho’s intuitiveness Lay chocked back a sob and forced his breath to come steadily before answering, his voice cracking a little as he did.

“Why couldn’t I be enough for him?” Ignoring the jut of pain that ran through his heart at hearing the boy sound so broken Suho quickly turned around and embraced Lay as he lost control and gave into the tears that had been threatening him since the words ‘I need to talk to you’ had ran through his phone. He clung to Suho desperately as he fell to his knees, bring the other boy with him and let himself be pulled into the other boy’s lap as he sobbed freely.

Suho, unsure what else to do, muttered small condolences and reassurances as he ran his fingers softly through Lay’s hair and rubbed small circles on the boy’s back.

“It’s ok Lay, I’m here.”

 

 

A/N - Hope this is ok guise..

Sorry it's not very long :(