~*16*~

┘Why Me?┌

~Min-Hee POV~

“Why not.” I replied smiling at him.

“Great, so what about this Friday?” He asked still holding my hand.

“Okay.” I smiled. “But can I ask you a question?”

“Go ahead.” He replied.

“Why me?”

“What do you mean, ‘Why you?’” Kyuhyun asked puzzled.

“Like why did you choose me? I mean there are other better girls than me.” I answered.

“Well, that’s a long story.” He replied. “It all started in 7th grade.” He said as he looked into the distance.

“What are you looking at?” I asked.

“I’m looking at the past, it’s over there.” He said.

“Where?” I asked looking at the opposite direction.

“Over here.” He said as he turned my head to look at the opposite direction. “Okay back to the story.” Honestly I don’t see anything, but let’s just play along.

“Okay from the beginning, it was in the 7th grade.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

~No POV~

Five years ago….

“Okay class we have a new student, his name is Cho Kyuhyun.” The teacher announced.

“Hi, my name is K-Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun bowed.

“Hi Kyuhyun.” The whole class said.

“Okay Kyuhyun, you can go over there and sit next to Min-Hee over there.” The teacher said. “Min-Hee please raise your hand so Kyuhyun knows where you are.”

“I’m right here Kyuhyun.”  Min-Hee smiled waving her hand. Kyuhyun started to walk towards Min-Hee until he heard a few whispers about him.

“Look, he’s so chubby.” A student whispered to his friend.

“I know right, I bet he eats two bowls for rice every meal.” The other replied.

“That’s messed up.” Min-Hee said.

“I know right, now back to the story.” Kyuhyun said as he continued to tell the story.

Kyuhyun sat down next to Min-Hee nervously.

“Hi my name’s Lee Min-Hee.” She smiled as she held her hand out.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun stuttered as he shook the girl’s hand.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She smiled as she turned back to the teacher.

“Nice meeting you too.” Kyuhyun whispered.

Two hours later…

“Okay class it’s time for lunch.” The teacher announced as she left the room. Kyuhyun sat there and took out his lunch as Min-Hee walked over to her friends. Kyuhyun sat there alone as he ate his lunch quietly.

“Hey Chubby Thing.” A boy and his group of friends said as they walked over to Kyuhyun like they were going to beat him up. “Give us your food, we’re starving.” The leader of the group said holding his hand out for Kyuhyun’s bowl of food.

“No.” Kyuhyun whispered.

“What did you said Chubby?” The boy said.

“I said no.” Kyuhyun whispered again.

“A no?” The boy said, “So much nerve to say that from someone like you.”

“Stop being mean Kangin.” Min-Hee said as she walked towards the group of boys.

“Oh look, that’s sad. You’re making a girl defend you.” Kangin laughed evily.

“He didn’t ask me, I want to help him.” Min-Hee defended.

“Fine, you got away without a beating this time. Kangin said as he snatched Kyuhyun’s food away and walked away with his group.

“You okay Kyuhyun?” Min-Hee said as she sat down next to him.

“Y-yeah. Thanks for doing that.” Kyuhyun mumbled.

“No problem.”

“Wow, I don’t remember doing that.” Min-Hee said.

“Well it was six years ago so I don’t blame you.” Kyuhyun replied.

“I can’t believe they called you fat and chubby, that’s just mean.” Min-Hee added.

“Yeah, after that incident Kangin didn’t bully me for like a week then after that he bullied me again, calling me fat and other names I just don’t want to hear.” Kyuhyun said.

“I never knew that, you should’ve told me that, I would’ve hit him.” Min-Hee said as she cracked her knuckles.

“Yeah, but after that you started calling me Chubby Thing as well.” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Omo, I did?” Min-Hee said shocked.

“Yeah, you were being such a brat, but I started liking you though. Well you know before you called me names as well.” Kyuhyun said.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun.” She said as she held his hand. “I regret everything.” She pouted. “I liked you too, but I didn’t think you would like someone like me since I called you names.”

“It’s fine now. Now where were we oh yeah.”

After Summer Break….

 “Who’s that boy?” A girl asked as a boy walked pass her.

“I don’t know, but doesn’t he look cute?” Her friend replied as the boy walked into his classroom.

“Kyuhyun!” Someone yelled.

“Hey Sungmin.” Kyuhyun smiled as he did a handshake with Sungmin.

“Man, I haven't seen you in a while. You look great.” Sungmin smiled.

“Yeah, I shed off the weight.” Kyuhyun smiled as he patted his stomach.

“I bet girls are going to be all over you.”

“Aha, yea right.”

“Do you still like Min-Hee?” Sungmin whispered.

“Y-yeah, I know she won’t like me since she remembers me as a chubby person who was defenseless.” Kyuhyun sighed.

“You don’t know that, she might like you.”

“Shh, there she is.” Kyuhyun said as she walked pass him.

“Bro, you need to calm down.” Sungmin chuckled as he patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “I’m sure she’ll recognize you.”

“I’m trusting you.” Kyuhyun said as he walked towards Min-Hee.

“Hi Min-Hee.” Kyuhyun smiled at her with confidence.

“Hi, do I know you?” Min-Hee said puzzled.

“Ummm…No, nevermind.” Kyuhyun said as he walked away.

“What happened?” Sungmin asked.

“Nothing, let’s just go.”

“I didn’t recognize you?” Min-Hee asked stunned.

“Yeah, you didn’t.” Kyuhyun pouted.

*Ring….Ring*

“Aww, it’s time for class, no more story time.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Aww, I wanted to hear more.” Min-Hee pouted.

“Well, maybe next time, it’s time for class see you around.” Kyuhyun smiled as he and Min-Hee separated and walked to their classes.