Prologue Part 3

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

Suddenly, there was a blackout..........

What the heck? Is this some kind of a staged event?

The lights went on back and the Emcee said, "Everyone, thank you for attending today's pre-opening party for the Urban Casino and Gangnam Resort. Please welcome Mr Kim Hyun Joong, the CEO of our Dynamic Enterprise Group. He will share a greeting with you all. A round of applause please."

Everyone claps.

The CEO took over. "Thank you for your kind attendance today."

Chief whispered to me,"Ohh.. Finally the Casino king has arrived."

"The Casino King," I repeat.

'Yup, the one who organizes this party .Kim Hyun Joong , the Prince of the financial world! He's also the older brother of Kim Jae Joong"

"What? They are brothers? Ah, both are big names and drop dead gorgeous."

 

"Rather than making you sit through my dull speech.I have arranged a modest present for you all as a token of my appreciation.Now, just look at the number on the card you are holding."

"Card?"

Chief looks at me,"Oh, you didnt get any at the welcoming desk Jiyoon?"

I shake my head .

"Hey,but you do have one and there it is," he said , pointing the card on my hand.

"Oh the card, I got it from Zelo."

"What's your number Jiyoon?"

"It's 21"

"Mine is 27. Say, what could it be? What do you want?"

I pondered before answering, "I'd love it if it as a gift certificate to a classy restaurant."

"A meal ticket huh? I didnt think you were such a glutton."

I puffed my cheek. "That's rude. Doesnt eating good food makes you happy?"

Here comes the drumroll...The Casino King drew a card from a golden box.

'And here it is. The fated number that will bring the greatest happiness in the world to it's holder is .........NUMBER 21!!!" Hyun Joong announced.

I stood there frozen, "What did he say?"

Chief pats my shoulders like dribbling a ball. 'Jiyoon ah , its your number. You won!!"

"No way," I muttered in disbelief