Chapter 2- JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

You will be adorning 4 front pages in our magazine for the next month, so put some spirit into it,"Chief said.

"Front pages?"

"Of course,"Jae Jong said. "It's serial coverage about me, why expect any less?"

Wow he's so full of himself, like usual.

And that was how I ended up doing close coverage with Kim Jae Joong.

 

Text received - 

Is your hangover ok? Take it easy later - Jae Joong

End of chapter 1 .............

 

Chapter 2

 

Hey, what are you gawking at?"

"So-sorry. I never came to hotels like this....," I confessed shyly.

"Dont get lost okay?"he said, looking almost concerned.

I nodded. "I'll be careful...Umm,ytou have a press event with a mojor cooking class today. But why are you even attending a cookin class, Jae Joong?"

"Because, I'm one of the world's most eligible bachelor, of course,"he said, giving me a smug look.

'Huh? What does that have to do with..."

"They wanna give impression that believe it or not, Kim Jae Joong is a family man, I guess."

"They? Guess? So this is someone else's idea?"

"It's office policy," he shrugged. "I'm not really much of a family man."

Yeah, he does seems pretty indifferent towards family matters.

"Besides, I've got a role lined up in an upcoming primetime drama. Playing a man who juggles between family and work."

"I see, so the idea is to go ahead and start cultivating that image now."

"Jae Joong, you're on," Doo Joon calls out.

"See you later,"he said to me.

"Right, do your best."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Z1tEEUJzDQ6c9Z295nY

In front of a big crowd, the host asked,"So I hear that you'll be playing a family man on a new primetime drama?"

"That's correct,"Jae Joong answered.

"Now, what kind of cooking or food, do you personally enjoy Mr Kim?"

He pondered. "Hmm, I'd have to go with meats and maybe sweets. I do eat sweet stuffs but no those really sweet ones."

What? Not those really sweet ones? After eating all that strawberry jam?

I swallowed the urge to blurt that out and hastily photographed him with my digital camera.

The host handed him an apron and he wears it with a smile.

Shots of Kim Jae Joong in an apron could be pretty big.

Jae Joong brandished a winning smile for the flashes all around him.

What a pro. Looking at him now, one could never imagine the kind of teasing looks and the way he acts around me.

"Then on that note, this press event will be drawing to a close,"the host announce. "A round of applause for Kim Jae Joong please."

Jae Joong left the stage. I guess I'd better get to the waiting room too.

"Oh,"someone pushed me to get upclose to Jae Joong and I dropped my camera! Geez, its not broken, isnt it? Phew, I gave it a brief check and thank goodness, its still in a working condition.

 Waiting%20room1_full.jpeg

"Hey Jae Joong. Good work out there."

"Oh hey Jiyoon...I'm beat. I can't believe there are guys who do that crap everyday."

"Cooking you mean? People who like to make things must enjoy coming up with their own artistic meals."

"How about you?" he asked me.

"Me? Its my pride and joy. I do it a lot."

"Huh, that's a surprise."

I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I mean, you were slacking off from photographing me to stare at all the cooking earlier. I figured you were hungry or something."

That might be a little true. I am a bit hungry.

'You-you were watching?"

"You think I can see?"

Of course he cannot see me. There are tons of people earlier, How can he possibly see me.

"Dont break your digital camera..........."

"You-you were watching....................!" I said in disbelief. "Now that you mention it, you said yuou werent into sweet stuff, Jae Joong? Strawberry jam doesnt count as sweet?" I gave a teasing counterjab.

"Liking sweet doesnt suit my image,"he shrugged.

"Is that right? The image of you eatimg bread slathered with strawberry jam was pretty cute to me."

"Dont call me cute,"he warned.

Whoa, he looks a bit flustered.

'It works out better to lead everybody around me on by playing the part of a different person."

"Lead on?"

Do all entertainers consider it that way? Or is it that Jae Joong is such an actor that he even fools himself?

"I'm hungry. I'm meeting up with my brother. Care to join us?"

"Oh yes please!"That will be a good close coverage and I am hungry too!" I said happily.

He smild at me."You sound pretty excited."

"I am. Its my first major assignment and also I love food. Food makes me happy ^,^

Jae Joong took his office car and took me to a steakhouse in Insadong where his brother was waiting.

"Joongie,"Hyun Joong calls out. He steps out of a black car parked in front ofthe restaurant.

"Perfecr timing,"Jae Joong said,smiling.

Hyun Joong looked at me curiously,"Hmm, and this lady is?"

Without waiting for his little brother to reply,"Oh, I am Jeon Jiyoon! You looked after me at the party the other night."

"Oh, I am terribly sorry for the danger our Hamtaro had caused you through the other night,"he said apologetically.

"Dont worry about it,"I assure him.

"I am really glad that you made it out safely. Its an honourto meet you again."

"The pleasure is all mine."

"But what are you two doing here together? Was that night a trigger for something?"

"Wh...no freaking way!"Jae Joong exclaimed.

I pouted at his reaction. Yeah fine, I am no Hyuna but he doesnt have to react till that way.

Looking back at Hyun Joong."I have been put in charge of doing a close coverage on Jae Joong."

"Yeah, its all work."he adds in

Doh, what is he getting worked up about.

Hyun Joong nodded."I see, so its work. I'll leave it at that then."

"I'm starving. Let get going hyung."Jae Joonhg urged.

"Of course."

Somehow it feels like Jae Joong shrinks back when his older brother is around.

A low murmurran through the restaurant when the guests saw the two of them, They really do stands out. Of course, it would be normal for Jae Joong but even Hyun Joong has a presence about him. A kind of mature appeal. It naturally catches the eye.

"Check it out, its Kim Jae Joong!" 1st guest said.

"Is that his brother next to him?"2nd guest said.

"I think I heard of him. He's famous in the financial world right?"

"Wow, they both have this different kind of aura about them,"2nd guest gushed.

They sure do. I never believed there was such a thing as entertainer's aura, but there it is.Its intimidating but yert so glimmering.

When I sat down, the two of them also put in an order for me.

"Thank you. This is my first time in suh a luxurious restaurant. So I wasnt sure what to get."

"You don't need to worry about that around us. Just relax and be yourself,"Hyun Joong said.

That's easy for you to say but I'm so tense right now.

"Its so nice here. The restaurant has such a classy atmosphere. Elegant without being gaudy,"I gushed.

As we chatted, some prime ribs was brought out on a cart.

"Wow,I've heard rumors about this but this is my first time seeing it for myself". I've only seen red meat this soft and thick on Tv and blogs.

The chef cut out the steak skillfully and cooked the meat to our preferances.

Someone came to us,"Well well, if its isnt the misters Kim! I'm so glad you could come."

"Hey Jung Min, "Hyun Joong said after a brief hug. "Sorry for dropping by without a reservation,"

"It was a spur-of-the-moment, so there was no time to make any Jung Min Hyung,"Jae Joong said.

"Oh no, its no trouble at all. I am glad that we could get you a good table,"

"Haha, thanks."Hyun Joong said, smiling.

"Oh Jiyoon, this is Park Jung Min, owner of this restaurant and also a close acquaintance of ours."

Jung Min shook me hand."Welcome to my restaurant."

"I am glad to be here sir."

Both brothers and Park Jung Min chatted.

Now this is the time for photo-op!

I pointed my camera at the chef serving the steak, and then at the two of them.

"Hey, are you really taking pictures here?"Jae Joong asked in irritate.

"Of course,its call close coverage,"I sarcasticly reminded him.

"That again? What a pain."

He said so but his face was full of smiles for the camera. He's a pro alright.

"Would you mind if I photographed you too, Hyun Joong?"

"Me?"he looked surprised.

I nodded."If its alright with you..."

"Of course,"he said with a charming smile. Hyun Joong is always smiling.He's so courteous,handsome,nice and full of smiles. He have such a stately air about him. His smiles evokes dignity and intellect.Its impressive.

CLICK!!!!

After taking a bunch of shots, I observed the two of them, gathering for materials on my article.

"Do enjoy yourself. If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to ask,"Jung min said before he left.

I look at Jae Joong. He is classy and appealing but he seems a little flighty.While Hyun Joong gives me the feeling that he's reliable as a big brother.

"I guess what you've said earlier about liking meat is true Jae Joong."

"What about it?"

"Well, you lied about not caring for sweets so I wondered if the meat part was a lie too."

"There's no man in the world that hates meat."

"Is that right?"

"I think you like meat more than the average guy, even in america or asia." Hyun Joong commented. "Whenever you go out for fun and cant decide at the last minute, you always ends up at this restaurant."

"Aww, shaddup."

Hyun Joong laughs.

Hyun Joong seems happy. He like to dote on Jae Joong and it shows.

"Go on Jiyoon, help yourself and dig in."he said to me.

"Bon appetit," I said happily.

"Shall we order anything else? That reminds that salad should be on the table whenever a lady is present at the dining table."

"Er, don't mind me...Just think of me as an extra."

"An extra?"Jae Joong laughs.

"Why do you keep laughing at my words?'

"Because you make me laugh."

-.-

"I'm not trying to be funny. I'm serious you know!"

He ignores me. "Hyung, let's get some champagne too?"

"Good idea."

Hyung Joong called for service. "Excuse me, I'll hace this salad,Yorkshire pudding and some champagne..oh and .........."

Whoa that much?!

"I want a baked potato too,"Jae Joong adds.

Geez , there's no way the three of us can finih what had just been ordered. Though personally, it would be great for my magazine shot

"Can we get dessert afterwards?"Jae Joong asked.

"So, you do like sweets,"I pointed out

He looked at me with angry expression."What and you dont?"

"You must have, have a seperate stomach."

"All the women say that.", He laughs at my words again.

They brought the requested dishes out one after another, filling the table to the edge when...........

"Hey, isnt your glass empty?"Jae Joong asked.

"Jiyoon, your glass is empty."

Ack! They're both ready to pour me champagne. What brothers....

"Go ahead and pour for her Hyung,"Jae Joong said, giving way.

Oh my Jae Joong tried to pour me some too. I wasnt expecting him to show my such consideration.

"Thank you Jae Joong."

"No big deal,"he said, looking away with a downcast expression.

What's the matter? Is it because I let Hyun Joong pour me a glass? But that couldnt be it..........

 

Semi-detached_houses,_Messaline_Avenue,_

Jae Joong drove me back home. We both got out of the car.

'Thank you for going out of your way to see me off,"

"Huh, so this is the kind of place where you live."

"Yes, that's right. I live with a friend who works for another editing department. Her name is Nicole Jung."

"Seriously man, you havea house mate?Is there even privacy?"

"We dont have secrets between us. I have known Nicole since high school."

"I see."

"Also, about tomorrow's schedule..."

"Right. There's some upcoming postrecording work for an animated movie. I think tomorrow us the kickoff meeting for it."

A kickoff meeting is when everyone meets face to face huh.....

"After that...Well I dont care if we goor not."

"Go where?"

"I've been asked to come to a live show by the band performing the theme song for my next drama."

"Which band is it?"

"Infinite."

"Woow!!!!"

That's my favourite band!!!

"What is it?'

"Um, please bring me with you,' i begged

"Why?"

'I'm a big fan of Infinite's vocalist's Sungyu..."

"I havent decided about going you know."

I looked away,crestfallen. I guess he's not going after all. Yeah, live shows doesnt really suithis image.

He rolled his eyes,"Dont make that face. Fine, we can go."

I immediately look at his face."Really, really, really? Are you sure that I cane come with you?" '

"What makes you think I hate going so much, There is no point oif you dont go."

"Thank you so much!!!!"

"But I am clueless about their music or anything about them, you know,"

"Not to worry! I am Infinte's waking discography!!! Oh, should i bring a CD along? I've got all of their albums."

"I'll pass." he said, walking back to his car, looking flabbergasted.

"Jae Joong, thank you so much!" I shouted.

Jae Joong casually glanced over his shoulder and tossed a wave with his back still facing me before climbing into his car.

He said he didnt care if he went or not but the he went out his way to bring me along........... He's really a pretty nice guy isnt he?

I opened the door to my apartment, heart still pounding from the surprise scheduled live show tomorrow.

Text received-

Be at the Dome's authorised personnel only entrance at 5.30pm - Jae Joong

 

 

 

End of Chapter 2

 

Dedicating this to Lattice and Jjpunghi...Hope you like this chappy....