Chapter 15 - JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

The next morning....

I sent the copy data to the Chief editor from my laptop.

"I just send it."

"Ah, there it is. If there are corrections to make. I'll send it back. You can work from them for a while."

"Sorry about this..."

"Dont worry about it. Dont blame yourself too much okay?"

I hung up after my call from the Chief editor and looked around the villa room that has been preetied up for me.

It was a princess like room, the kind I'd dreamed of as a child.

Did Hyun Joonmg do the coordination on this? He's got such good design sense.

Its not like a hotel room. Its more like a girl's room from an American drama.

The room was brightly illuminated by all of the light shining in from the windows.

Jae Joong must be in jail right now, Is he feeling helpless?

I bet he's put up a huge fuss in the investigation...

Saying something like ,"Of course I'm going to raise a fuss" and staying in bed out of spite maybe...

Giggle...

I chuckled to myself without noticing when I pictured it .

But soon, the tears came right back again...

Ring!!!

A call form Hyun Joong. I'd better make sure that he doesnt notice that I was crying!

"Hello! Jiyoon here."

"Jiyoon, are you okay?"

"Yes, there's been no signs of the media coming around here so far."

"I see, that's a relief..Sorry that I have to go overseas at a time like this..."

"No, dont be. You have your own job! Are you at the airport now?"

"Yes, I just wanted to touch base with you before I left Japan. If anything comes up, dont worry about what the time is. Just call me."

"Thank you very much."

"There's no need to worry about Jae Joong. I spoke with the police today and told them to make the necessary arrangements with bail posted quickly. Of course his drug test didnt show any positive results so I think he'll be free to go in no time."

I was relieved. 'I see."

If Hyun Joong says he'll be fine, I'm sure he'll be fine...

"If any inconveniences arise with the couple living in the villa, just let know. They're managers that have done a lot of work for me in the past. They're reliable people."

"Thank you very much"

After putting down the phone, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in,"I said.

"Miss Jeon, breakfast is ready. Come down when you're ready,"the old lady said.

"Thank you. I appreciate your hospitality."

"Its no trouble, Hyun Joong has told us not keep you too constrained. But are you okay though? You seems to have a rought time of it."

I nodded. "I am going to be okay...The entertainment industry ia kinda scary place to be in huh?"

"It sure is," she replied. "Joongie used to come here a lot too. And he's not the kind of person to ever touch drugs or scary stuffs like that."

"Yeah, you are right but someone did that to him..."

"Brooding on it too much wont help. Just come down whenever you like. I will set your place."

The old lady told me that with a smile before leaving the room.

The old couple are being so nice, considering they got stuck with this in the middle of the night with no warning...

It must be Hyun Joong's personal virtue.

 

I accepted their offer and came down for breakfast , to the first floor.

The smell of warm, delicious food...It gives me the sense of home.

"Go on, have a seat," the old man urged. "Our breakfast today is my speciality, smoked sausages."

"Wow, it looks great!"

I was painfully aware that the old couple were both trying to cheer me up so I'd better shape up!

"Bon apetit!"

There was some strawberry jam on the table.

It reminds me of Jae Joong...He put so much of strawberry jam on his bread..

I vividly recalled the morning we met....

My eyes started to blur with tears again.

 

I cant sleep.....

I looked at the clock . Its already past 1 am.

Even when I close my eyes, all I can think of is Jae Joong and that keeps me awake.

"Jae Joong, I wonder hwhat are you doing right now...." I muttered.

A moprning talk show claimed that he still hadnt been bailed out yet.

When can I see him.....?

Hyun Joong said he's be out in no time but will he really?

Will he be able to go home once he's been cleared of suspicion and his bail's been paid?

"Jiyoon."

I felt as though I heard someone was calling my name from somewhere.

It must be my imagination....this late at night, right?

"Jiyoon............"

No............I'm not imagining it! I hear it! From..... outside?

Oh no, what do I do? The old couple has already went home...........

I'm scared... But I's be more scared to leave this alone.

I slipped out of the bed and quietly peeked out of the window.

"Jiyoon........."

That voice called my name again....

But this voice.....It could be!

I opened the window.

Creak.

"Jiyoon!"

"Jae Joong?!"

"Its really you Jiyoon?"he asked, looking above at me.

"That's ...That's my line!"I said out happily..

"Hold on a minute, I am coming out!"

I ran outside, still in pyjamas.

I jerked the door open and there he was!

"Jae Joong!"

I impulsively embraced him and cried.

He patted me on my back. "Sorry to worry you..."

Its him...Its really Jae Joong.....

"Dont cry,"he hushed me.

I pulled him closer to me, so afraid that he might leave me again. "But...but I am so afraid that I might never see you again!"

"Geez, ypu like to overreact. There's no way that would happen. For that matter, you'd think I'd do ?"

"Of course not. I was juat so worried.."

The tears wont stop coming...

He pushed me slightly away from his body and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"I said not to cry..."

"Jae Joong..."

His face slowly drew near mine.

"Mm.."

We kissed.

"You settled down now?"

'Yeah.."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure.."

 

We sat in my room.

"So, you're cleared of all suspicion?"

"Yeah, since they figured out who the real culprit is."

"What? Who was it?"

"Remember the girl that spproached us when we were dancing?"

"The sample girl?"

"She apparently got mad at me for blowing her off. So in revenge, she apparently left the paperbag at our sofa and called the police herself."

"Herself?"

"What an idiot. Since she called them before she was done with work, of course she ended up getting questioned by the police as well. Something was clearly off about her and she got exposed."

"So, they arrested her ?"

"Sounds that way. I dont know much about the details.."

"I'm so glad. Hyun Joong told me that you'll be bailed out and you will be fine."

"Yeah, I had my bail posted before that woman was formally arrested."

He got quiet for a second. "Saved by my brother again..."

He sighed. "It kinda feels like I'm always relying on my brother for everything in the end. Its pathetic."

"That's not true. Dont you help Hyun Joong out too?'

"Jiyoon.."

"You always respond to the press with a smile on your face, no matter what they say. Yo've been speaking up for your brother even when you've beenmad on the inside, right? I think that's amazing."

Jae Joong extended his hands and tugged me close.

I feel so relaxed in Jae Joong's arms.. I really do care for him... a lot

"You know me better than anyone, dont you?"he asking with a smirk.

'Do I? I'd be happy if that was true, Oppa..."

"You can bet it is..." he said but then his eyes widen when he realised what happened.

"What did you just say?"

"I said.....Oppa.. Jae Joong Oppa..."

I kissed Jae Joong on the bed.

It feels so different from the last time we did it. It feels so passionate...

"MMmmm...Oppa..."

Jae Joong looks at me, panting hard. "I cant hold back any longer.."

After that, he pressed my body down into the bed slowly...

 

"I dont think I've ever really loved a woman before,"Jae Joong said, holding me close to his body.

We were both , under the thick blanket.

"But...What about the French girl you met in Switzerland?"

He look unhappy.

"You sure know a lot. I bet Marsha told you huh."

"Hmmm"

"Well, I thought it was love back then. But looking back at it now, it was closer to sheer admiration."

"I see."

"Maybe I'm scared to seriously love someone,"he confessed. "Because all the women have loved guys like my brother."

I cupped his cheeks with both hands and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. "That's not true...At least, not for me.."

Never seriously fallen in love huh...

What is Jae Joong to me?

"You're really cute, you know."

He kissed my neck... No, he my neck with his tongue..Making me grow hot..

"Goodness, are you doing that again?"

His hand tug at the necklace around my neck. Come to think of it, this necklace..........

It feels feels kind of wrong to wear this necklace after doing that with Jae Joong...

"This is the necklace my brother gave you,"he whispered.

"I should return it to Hyun Joong."

I love Jae Joong even if Hyun Joong had feelings for me..

"Just ditch it."he said with an irrate voice.

"What?"

"That's what I said, ditch it."

Is Jae Joong jealous?

"He may have saved me but frankly speaking, I dont want you to see him anymore."

"Oppa, you know my feeling wont change even if I see Hyun Joong right?"

"I dont like it!"he pouted.

"Why are you being so bratty? OMG, you are so cute..." I pinched his cheeks with both hands and laughs.

"What can I say? I dont like what I don't like. But you cam decide what to do with the necklace yourself."

"I'll return it back to Hyun Joong ok...So smile please.."

He smiles and hold me close.

"Say.."

"Hmmm."

"My brother's a perfect guy from a woman's perspective...And from a man's view, he's as broad-minded and decisive as the best of them."

"Yeah."

"I've lived all my life with a complex over him but...Jiyoon, I want to be the one at your side."

He looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm proud of my acting job and pretty ambitious. I'll be bigger than my brother so..so ..From now on, I only want you to look at me."

Does that mean...

"Does that mean...You'd like me to stay by your side from now on? Does that mean that I can love you?"

My eyes are teary again..

"Of course I do. What'll you do without me by your side silly."

"Again...you're being arrogant.."

A tear falls........

"Dont cry... You are cute when you cry but......."

He gently pecked my eyelids with a kiss.

"I love you Jiyoon."

With those words being whispered softly into me ears, I was lost in happiness.......

 

Several days later, with the news that the accusations of Jae Joong's drug abuse had been a misunderstanding, and with the news that the real culprit had been apprehended, things finally settled back down.

Finally, today is the last day of my serial story photography.........

I went out for the final installment's photo shoot.

"Jiyoon , you've done a bang-up job!" Marsha said.

'Marsha, you'll do the styling for the last installment right?"

"Of course! I'll give you the coolest Joongie yet!"

Since thsi is the last one, all the staffs seems pretty pumped up..

So much has happened between the serial strory started and now..

"It feels a little lonely.."

I remembered what the Chief Editor tole me when I showed up at the deiting department.

"This is the last installment so make sure to bring us back a kissing shot!"

Whew..That's right.

A kissing shot? How do I ask for that?

It looks like he thought we were going out.

But Jae Joong hasnt said anything like Let's go out or Please go out with me....

"Why the long face?" Jae Joong asked with a smile.

"Oh, this is our last shoot. I was thinking on all that had happened."

"Yeah,"he agrees."Its been one drama after another since I met you."

"What? You're blaming me?"

"Of course its you're fault. You're the one who kept posturing me around."

He got it backwards. He's the one whos been posturing around me!

"Say, Jae Joong..I have a favour to ask.."

"What happened to Oppa?"

I blushed."Its work time, I cannot call you Oppa at work."

"Fine fine, but what is it.."

"Well, the Chief editor, he told me to make sure to bring back a shot of you kissing.."

"Huh?"

Er, so, well, maybe a face like you were imagining you were kissing...."

"What?"

"Um..A cameraman will do all the other shots. I was just hoping that you will take just one.. I mean, that is, if you dont mind , of course."

"I'm fine with it."

"What? Really?"

"But in return, I want a kiss from you, right here."

"Huh?"

Here? In front of everyone?

I looked around and saw everyone looking at us with kkenly expressions.

"You, you know thats out of the question!"

My voice and laughter filled thru the studio.

 

End of chapter...

 

Oh no. I miscalculated, I thought chapter 15 was the last one..sorry guys...