Chapter 6 - JaeYoon couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

"If we go out by car, the paparazzi will tail us, so we'll walk."

"Is it in walking distance?"


"If I remember right."

"Is it okay going without inviting Hyuna?"

"Hmm, she takes long baths and it'll be a pain carrying make up so no need to bother."

"I see." He knows she takes long baths.....Does that mean he's been in that situation with her before?

"So are you really going out with Hyuna?"

"What?"

He sounded a little irrate.Maybe I shouldnt have asked.

'Umm, this isnt for the report. Its just personal curiousity...Wait, not that...."

"Spit it out,"

"I just mean its off the record. I wont run it just because you tell me the truth!"

"Pffttt... I already knew you'd never pull a stunt like that."

"Huh?" I kind of thing he looked happy when he said that .

"For that matter, what constitutes going out together?"he asked.

"Well I guess, verying it by saying lets go out or something."

"You're not in the middle or high school, you know. Does that mean we'd have to be in a physical relationship?"

So direct.............

"I guess it wouldnt have to hit that extreme. Maybe going out to eat after work or going on trips together."

"Say, doesnt that describe us? Does that mean we're going out?"

"What?"

"It was a joke!"

That startled me...I cant believe Jae Joong broaches on that kind of subject so casually......

"Its getting pretty dark out here."I said, changing the topic.

"That'll make it harder for the paparazzi to spot us, at least."

Beep....

Oh my phone....

It was from my room mate, Nicole.

"Hey, Nicole."

"Hey Jiyoonie are you doen with work yet? Wanna join me for dinner?"

"Yeah, I'm off work but sorry, I cant. I'll probably be back a little late today. I'm actually going with Jae Joong to hot spring after this....."

"What? What do you mean, going to hot spring with Jae Joong."

"Gah, you scared me! Dont yell out so loud Nicole."

Slide.........

Ack........... I slipped on a rock! I'm falling!

Grab!

Jae Joong grabbed my hand with a firm grip. "Geez, keep your eyes open."

"Oh well, that's the story Nicole. I'll fill you in on the details later."

"Wow Jiyoon! Look at you, going to a hot spring with Jae Joong!!"

Beep......

I turned my attention back to Jae Joong. "Sorry about that and thank you."

"That was dangerous you know. Nicole is......"

"Oh, she's my room mate. She suddenly got excited over the phone...."

"I know I heard it all."

Jae Joong didnt let go of my hand.

The hand I'm holding feels kind and warm. And so we continued on the hot spring.

 

"Wow, its huge!"

"Its big, but most of the visitors are locals. Not too many celebrities come by."

"Oh..."

Oh, I'm still holding hands with Jae Joong! I let go of his hand in a fluster.

"What?"

"Oh, just that, even there arent many people, I wouldnt want to give people ideas."

"Uh huh."

I get the feeling Jae Joong responds like that when he's hiding how he really feels.

Slide...

"Welcome to....Oh! Kim Jae Joong!'

'Hey there, Good evening,' Jae Joong said, flashing his award winning smile.

"My,my my! I'm so glad you could come! I'm a big fan of yours."

"Thank you. There was a tournament at the golf course right nearby."

"So I heard. If I wasnt here, I'd gone to check it out!"

"Ladyboss, are these towels......Oh! Kim Jae Joong? For real?!" one of the staff said in surprise.

"Dont go acting all cosy with him," the Ladyboss chided her staff. But geez, want she acting like that earlier?"

She look back to Jae Joong,"I'll throw in all kinds of favours if you give me your autograph!"

"Sure thing..Shall I put your name in it too?"

"Oh, please do!"

"Nice going Ladyboss! Umm, could I get one too?""Sure of course,"Jae Joong smiles at them."....

"......why are you acting so fake?"I whispered.

"Its all about the image,' he answered. He spent a little while after that, giving everyone autographs.

 

 

"Wow, that open-air bath has gorgeous scenery!" I commented.

"Yeah, its pretty nice. Its a pity this place isnt that famous."

"The owner is so nice too."

"Just cover it for your editing department after this."

"Thats a good idea. I'll bring it up with the editor in chief."

Rustle.

Whoa! Why is Jae Joong suddenly undressing in my presence?"

"What are you looking at?"I quickly averted my eyes."Oh sorry. I didnt mean to."

"Don't start acting aroused!"

"Aroused?I-I'm not!"

"FOr that matter, arent you going to undress?"

"Pardon?"

"Well, you're taking pictures, so of course its co-ed."

I shake my head.;Oh no, I wont be going in."He looks disappointed.

"Why not? You cant  take pictures unless you're in."

"I can take pictures with my clothes on!"

"Bah! You're no fun. Hurry up and undress already!"

"I wont! I personally think thats ually harrassment Jae Joong!"

"Why would I ually harass you of all the people?"he said in anger. Fine, fine. Once you're done with the pictures, go and enjoy yourself at the women's spring."

"I'll do just that."

Jae Joong enetred the rock enclosed spring with one towel. "No one's here."

"The Ladyboss must have cleared everyone out.,' I pointed out. "I mean when I told her I'd be photographing a bathing scene, she told me to slip her a shot  on the dow-low."

He smiled. "Dont leak my bathing footage."

As we chatted, I estimated when Jae Joong would give me a smile and snapped a shot.Wow, what a great body...Has he toned up for his roles?

"You can bet anything that when the magazine prints, these shots will sell out quick."

"With a bathing scene featuring me. You darn right it will."

"You're always so full of yourself!"

"Knock it off!"

Splash!

Jae Joong splashed me with hot water.

"Ack! Whats the big idea! My camera............... Phew,its okay!"

"Dont blame me. I need to teach you some manners. You're saying saying some rude stuff."

Splash!

"Ack!! Hey, cut it out Jae Joong!"

Slip!

"Watch out!"

My left foot slipped into the water!

Jae Joong quickly rose to his feet and propped me up.

"Thanks."

You sure stumble a lot...Granted,this one is my fault." Jae Joong ....and he`s hugging me...

 

"You're red as tomato...."he commented.

"I-I know that,just let go..."

"Hey,now that you're all wet. No reason not to go in anymore."

"H-hold on a minute!"

I took plenty of pictures,then set the camera where it wouldnt get wet.

I dipped my feet in the hot bath.

"It feels great, doesnt it" "Just undress and come in," he stated inpatiently.

"Mmm,would it be okay to stay here with my clothes on? It might bother others."

"Ignoring my suggestion eh? Well, you should be fine. We're surrounded by rocks."

"You're always so bold Jae Joong....I might even call it audacity."

"I-is that a compliment?"

"What can I say? You know that you're cool and you take full advantage of that fact."

He grinned. "Of course I do. You have to press your advantages for all they're worth."

"And that part is the audacity."

"Well, I have a hard time understanding people who lack of those advantages."

"Are you talking about me?"

"Who could say," he said playfully.

Its true that I dont have anything as profound as what Jae Joong has....

"Jae Joong, you're the exact opposite of Hyung Joon, arent you?"

He looked surprised at the sudden mention of his older brother.

"Huh? Why drag my brother into this?"

"Just because..... Hyung Joon is work oriented and courteous to those he deals with, while you just do whatever you please....

"Something like that, I guess."

But its impressive that it doesnt pissed off those around him even then.

"Well,excuse me."

"What?"

"For being the opposite of my brother."

"What? No, I think you've got the wrong idea...." He looked a little sad.

" Yeah,he's perfect. Would you be happier to do a close coverage on him instead."

"Th-that's not what I........." Ah geez, I think I screwed up.

He looked almost dejected.

 

At The Reception

"Thank you so much for everything,Owner. If the chief editor says its okay, I'll ask you to show me around the hot springs here."

The owner beamed. "Oh my, I would love to! Jae Joong can feel free to drop by again in return.

" She's really a big fan of his....

"Anyway, I had your meals ready so please help yourselves okay?"

"You dont have to go through all that trouble," I said at her kindness.

"Thank you very much, it would be my pleasure," Jae Joong who had been looking gloomy eversince just now, smiled gratefully at the Owner.

"Eh?"

"What's the problem if she went to the trouble of making it for us?"

"I`ve prepared a room with a view of the courtyard so you can head that way."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

"And how would you like your futons?"

"Pardon?" I said, did I hear it right?

"I take it you'd like me to lay them out together? Should I prepare them after you're done eating?"

"Ummm~" "You heard her,so what's the plan?" I flustered.

"Up to you, either way,I'll be heading out once I'm done with eating!"

"Is that right? Bo-ring."

The owner showed us the room. When we stepped in, there was a traditional Japanese meal laid out.

"It looks delicious," I said out excitedly. "Jae Joong, go on and have a seat! I'll take some pictures."

"More shots of me with food?" he asked.

I didnt pay attention to what he said. "Wow, they even have crab!"

"Crab huh"

"What is it?"

"When i was a kid, my dad would come home from golf competitions with tons of stuffs as his prize."

"Wow, that must have been nice."

"I thought so at that time ....."

"But it was so good that I gorged myself into it until I got sick and started to hate it."

"Ah, lesson learnt. One musnt be so greedy."

"My brother observed all that with a cool head. He ate the crab at a more leisurely pace and he still love crabs."

"That sounds kind of cute." "Which part of that was cute?"

"Well, i cant imagine a young looking Jae Joong...."

His mobile rang. "Its Hyuna," he informs.

He took he call," What is it?"

"Hey Joonie! Where are you right now?!"

"Oh, a hot spring."

"Ehhh ~ a hot spring? Where?"

Holy cow, Hyuna...I can hear her voice from here.

Jae Joong let out a light huff after getting off the phone. "She'll be here soon."

"Oh, is that right?" Why do I feel a little disappointed?

"Honestly Joongie, why didnt you invite me?"Hyuna asked angrily.

"Joonie, why would you bring an editor along and ditch me?" Yoochun asked, pissed off. "

Wow, it looks delightful! So this is where you went off to, Jae Joong!" Sungkyu said.

Huh, Yoochun and Sungkyu is here too?

Jae Joong shrugged. "You didnt look all that interested when I said I was going."

"So you left me behind without a word. You love dictating the pace."

"Invite me next time too Joongie!"

"I was thinking of going by a hot spring later too." Sungkyu said.

Suddenly its all a bustle...

 

"You see. You've got this little bad habit when you take your swing."Yoochun pointed out.

"Wasnt I only off from you by one point today?"

"You two are so good. How do you hit on the green so precisely?" Sungkyu asked.

"I want to get better and play golf with you, Jonngie."

"You're serious about Joonie, Hyuna?"

Whoa, Yoouchun just blurted that out when nobody else would.

"Of course! I think Joonie's the only right guy for me."

"Huh....." Yoochun said in surprise. He never guess that Hyuna would confess that openly.

Wow,Hyuna....I'd never be able to say something like that so casually.

"Maybe so, but you're not the one for me," Jae Joong said, eyes heavenward.

"There you go again," Hyuna said with a small laugh, tugging Jae Joong's arm but he brushed off her hands.

"You two would make a lovely pair..... " I said.

"Not you too Jeon Jiyoon? Give me a break please."

Upon seeing his reaction, I gather that he must not liked when I pay attention to his love life. He looks a little sour again.

"Still,the two of you walking around together, would sure grab some attention, Hyuna being so gorgeous and all,"Sungkyu comment.

Hyuna looks so happy to hear that. "Oh, I know."

Jae Joong rolled his eyes.

"Hyuna, why dont you have dinner with me next time?"

"Hmmm,I suppose I could. Infinite's pretty popular these days.

" Wow,he asked her out. A date with Sungkyu, thats more than I could even imagine.

"Guess there's no accounting for Sungkyu's taste," Jae Joong said,almost looking bored.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" she said angrily.

"Oh, Jae Joong just prefers modest, traditional women," Yoochun helps him explain.

"I dont see the problem. She's totally my type'" Sungkyu said, looking at Hyuna from head to toe.

"Yeah? I am more impressed by people who stays quiet and work hard at their job.

" Jae Joong's eyes met mine. He gave a small smile, then look away as if in embarrassment.

"And what about you?" Yoochun suddenly asked.

"Who? Me?"

"You and Joonie. What do you think of him?"

I pondered. "Er, what can I say....." Gah, everyone's stares are painful to bear.

"He's a little out of league,"I answered.

"That wasnt what I was asking. Oh well,I'll let it slide."

I finish my food and went outside for some fresh air.

"I'm asking you Joongie. What's your type?"

"I just told you a minute ago. The exact opposite of you!"

Hyuna had grabbed Jae Joong outside earlier on during the meal. She's all draped over him.

I walk away to the other direction and leaned against a stone pillar to look at the sky.

"Miss Jeon?"

I turned around and saw Sungkyu beside me.

"You okay? You're not tired, arent you?I could take you home in my car."

"No thanks, I'm okay...... " I should be happy that Sungkyu is offering me a ride but why did I reject him? I cannot understand myself.

"Dont stand on ceremony now. We're good friends right?"

"I couldnt possibly put you to that much trouble! I can catch a taxi from here, dont worry."

"Didnt you live pretty far off?"

"I do but.......Dont worry, I can claim it as a business expense, I think!"

"Are you worried that I'd be driving? I've had my share of drinks so I'll call my manager over. It'll be fine."

Since he had already said it like that, it would be too rude to refuse.... I nodded in agreement. "

Hey!" Jae Joong calls out. I turned around,facing him. He was alone.

"I'm ready to head out."

"Oh but Sungkyu just ~"

"Arent you still drinking Jae Joong?" Sungkyu asked.

"Nah,Hyuna's finally drunk herself under the table, so I'm outta here. Yoochun is still inside. He said he will be staying over for the night"

He's going to drag me by the arm again. And he looks irate!

"Oh, then I'll join Yoochun."

"Oh Sungkyu. Want to have a drinking party next time? Bring a model or something?" Jae Joong said.

"For real? I'll bring the whole band!"

Suddenly, Hyuna appears from nowhere. "Hey, arent you supposed to be my fan?"

"Uh oh, Hyuna's up. C'mon, lets get the hell out of here!"

"Joonie, where are you going with her? Hold on!"

Jae Joong turned to wink at her before dashing off, pulling me along. We sat inside his limo.

"Whew, I'm tired."

"You had a long night," I said.

"I wouldnt be this tired if Hyuna hadnt come along...."

My mind drifted to Sungkyu. I wonder what's he doing with Hyuna right now. He seems to be a big fan of hers.

"What are you so disappointed about?"he asked angrily.

I looked at Jae Joong in surprise.

"Are you depressed that Sungkyu has taken a shine to Hyuna?" he asked softly.

"Mmm, I wouldnt call it depressed."

"But you're his no 1 fan right?"

"I am but that's different from being in love."

"Is that right?" He smiles at me.

"You'll be fine now that you're here with me."

I blinked at his words.

"The man at your side is a boyfriend to all the women in Korea," he stated. "I'll be your boyfriend so cheer up."

Boyfriend? Is he tugging my chin again? "

You are really so full of yourself!" I said, brushing his hand away.

He chuckled.

"What can I say? I do get all the chicks."

"If i did become your girlfriend, I'd turn all the women in Korea against me."

"Well you gotta be ready for that when the time comes."

"Oh come on, stop messing with me." He's so self absorbed but in kind of comforting way, not disagreaable^^

 

Hmm,my nose suddenly picked up a nice fragrance. Kind of citrusy. Is it a cologne?

"Oh,you're up".

"Jae Joong?" Huh? Did I fall asleep? And near Jae Joong's shoulder. "

Sorry about that!" I quickly move away from him but he held my shoulder and rested me back up against him.

"Why cant you call me Oppa ?" I was stumped.

What should I answer. "I am used to calling you Jae Joong and futhermore I think Oppa should be someone who is dear to me."

I couldnt see his expression.

"I'll wake you up when we reach there. Get some sleep, you must be tired."

"I dont wanna trouble you."

"Dont worry, at times like these, you should just listen to me. Sit back and enjoy it."

Is that right? I didnt argue back. Jae Joong's shoulder does feel nice. I closed my eyes again. I thought that I'd be depressed over Sungkyu being head over heels for pretty girls like Hyuna when I admired him so much ...But surprisingly, I wasnt feeling that way.

My consciousness drifted away once more. Or is it that I had begin to feel something for Jae Joong? No, that cant be. Any normal girl would feel this way, being near to someone like him. They would have the same kind of thinking right? Like how cool he is, I only got eyes for him....

Excuses like those cycled thru my mind all the way until I fell back to sleep.

 

End of chapter 6

Sms received ~

Nice work. That last hustle and bustle left me exhausted. You looked pretty tired yourself, so get plenty of rest. - Jae Joong Oppa