Epilogue Part 1 - JaeYoon

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

"Mom, this is my girlfriend, Jeon Jiyoon."

"Jiyoon, this is my mom."

"Its a pleasure to meet you Mrs Kim."

Several months after Jae Joong and I started dating, I had received an invitation from the Kim household and now standing before me is Jae Joong's mother.

"The pleasure is all mine," Hye Jin said.

She hasnt smiled once since I got here.. Maybe she doesnt approve of me after all.

"I heard about the two of you thru reports on television and such..."

"Ah yes..."I admitted.

"And you're a magazine editor, arent you Miss Jeon?"

"Yes I am."

Jae Joong look at his mother with an unhappy expression," I did tell you that the magazine 'Cinderella' did that exclusive with me?"

She ignores him. "What is it your parents do? Are they in management somewhere? Since you are injornalisrhaps your father works in the media as well? Or in publications?"

I shake my head. "No Ma'am, my father works for a manufacturer and my mother just works part time."

"I knew it!"

Jae Joong's mother let out a long sigh.

"What do you mean that mom?"

"I mean she is not a suitable match for you. Doubtless her upbringing will have been very different to your own."

"Huh? Whats that gotta do with everything these days?"

His mother looked at me sadly. "Miss Jeon. Both my husband and eldest son are successful businessmen. Joongie is a well know actor and I myself was an actress."

"Yes, I know..."

My father was a big fan of Han Hye Jin. And it was big news when she got married into the KIm's family.

"Then you must understand, someone of your background....You are completely different to the girls he has dated previously and so unlike his friends. They are globally successful women. You..."

Jae Joong cuts his mother off angrily,"You can say things like that to her. Its rude! I know Jiyoon is the only one for me!"

Jae Joong..............

Hye Jin chided. "Joongie, you're an adult now. Its time you realized your own place in life. This is going to affect your life from now on!"

I thought she might not approve but I didnt think it would be this bad....

"It was stupid of me to think that it would be okay to have her meet you today. Let's go Jiyoon."

 

"I'm sorry Jiyoon. Please dont take it to heart,"Jae Joong whispered as he led me by the hand.

"Its all right..."

Though to tell the truth it was quite a shock..........

 

"She said that to you?" Nicol asked furiously.

I nodded.

"She sure doesnt beat about the bush.What a thing to say!"

"Jae Joong's mother was once a successful actress, every bit as famous as Jae Joong himself...So I believe she has a lot of confidence in herself."

"That true. Even I've heard of Han Hye Jin... Jae Joong does look like her a lot....And she is his mother. It could be that she dont think anyone is good enough for her baby boy."

"You're probably right."I said with a sigh.

"Oh, come on..You shouldnt let it get you down! You are Jae Joong's girlfriend! And you have trust in his love for you, dont you?"

"Yes I do but....."

"Then hold your head up high! Trust that Jae Joong will do somethin about his mother's objections!" Nicole encouraged.

Is it really all right for me to be so independent on Jae Joong?

I need to do whatever is within my power to get his mother to accept me!

 

"On today's 'Eye on Economics'....."the TV host said. "We have a special feature on Mr Kim Dong Hae's investment in apparel brands..."

"Hm? Isnt that Jae Joong's dad? Kim Dong Hae?" Nicole asked.

"Yeah, looks like it. He's an investor of some sort I guess."I replied.

"Eh? Impressive. The Kim's family is entirely made up if celebrities."

"The famed brand headed by Miss Kwon Boa, This popular apparel brand will soon be available nationwide!"the host continued.

"I've heard of her before! Isnt she beautiful? I had a colleague visiting New York recently. He said this brand is the talk of the town over in America. Its coming here next. I am so excited!"

"Ah that's right,"I said. "I think the editorial department were handling a press release for this expasion. Impressive for someone so young."

"But say, since he is investing in such a young designer's brand. Does that mean that Jae Joong's father knows Kwon Boa personally?"

"Anything's possible in that family. I'll ask Jae Joong tomorrow."

If I was a woman like Kwon Boa then...I could stand at Jae Joong's side wth confidence....

 

Its long past the time we've agreed to meet....Jae Joong sure is late...

"Sorry! Did you wait long?"he asked as he took a seat right next to me.

"No, its okay. You must be busy."

"The photoshoot ran into overtime,"he explained.

"You dont have to come and meet me up if you're tired, you kow. You could have just called."

He hold my hand and gave a gentle squeeze. "Dont be stupid. I made the effort to come because I want to see you. I miss you Jiyoon so dont say things like that again"

He never fails to surprise me with what he says, even though we are going out now......

"Oh, I saw your father on TV last night."

"Ah, about his investment in Boa's label?"he asked disinterestly.

"Looking at your brother and parents, you really have quite the family."

"I wonder if Jae Joong and Boa knows each other?

"So how is Hyun Joong?" I asked, changing the subject.

'Oh, he's fine..Busy I think. He said he was in.............. Jakarta?'

That sounds just like Hyun Joong. They are really an amazing family.

Oh if I can ask about his father, surely I can ask about Boa too as well?

"Oppa, do you know Kwon Boa personally?"

"I went to an Internaional when I was younger and we have been friends since then,"he answered.

"International?"

"An International primary school."

"Oh, then you're childhood friends with Kwon Boa?"I asked in surprise.

"Whats with the shocked reaction?"he exclaimed.

"Anyone would be shocked! She's the owner of a world reknowned apparel brand!"

"Yeah but inside she's just human like you and me."

"I like that way of thinking but I think she's a talented person. She 's my idol."

"Why?"

She's beautiful and a successful businesswoman. And I love how she always speaks her mind."

Jae Joong smiles.

"Thats silly. You are doing the job that you love too."

"That' true..."

His hand moved away from my hand and touched my cheek. "And I find you far more attractive. Not just your face but all of you."

I blushed.

"You are the only one who has ever complimented me like that."

"And arent I enough?" he teased.

"You..are."

I'm really embarrassed but so happy at the same time...

"She's always been a favourite of my mom."

"I-is that so?"

She is someone who ticks all the boxes. Beautiful and intelligent. Of course Mrs Kim would love her....

Jae Joong sighed and looked at me seriously, "There's no point of hiding this from you so I'm just gonna say it....It seems that my mom is in the process of planning an arranged marriage."

"An arranged marriage ..... For you? And the bride would be...?"

"Yes, Boa."

"But....."

He hugged me close when tears began flowing from my eyes upon the hearing the shocking news.

"Dont worry love, its a futile pursuit on her part. Even if she managed to arrange the match, there is no way I am interested in dating or marrying Boa."

"Okay,"that was all I managed to say.

He pushed me away gently from his body to look at my face. Brushing away my tears with  thumb, he spoke,"Now, dont go getting depressed on me. I am with you Jiyoon."

I want to believe it.. But when the other person is someone like her....

"I know Boa, she will be too busy having fun with her work. She will consider any arrangement with me to be nothing but a bother,"

"Really?"

"Are you doubting me?"

I shake my head. "Its not that exactly..Its just that, to thinkyou could be with someone so pretty and likaeble. Why would you choose a plain girl like me?"

"So do you want me to tell you tht you are talented? Or that you have been raised well?"

"No, I'm fully aware that I am neither talented nor raised particularly well."

"Then what's the problem? I know that I have to be with you by instinct."

"Instinct,"I muttered.

"Yes and so even if Boa were to fly right around the world....having all these great connections and succeeds in her business, it still wouldnt matter. She's not you. Even before we started going out, if you were away from me for just a day, I would be wondering if you were at work talking to strange men..."

"Why would I be talking to strange men?"

He looks away shyly,"You would be out here and there doing interviews right? Days would go by slowly when I didnt have an interview with you..And I wuld find myself wondering if I should ring your office just to find out your schedule."

"You actually thought of doing that?"I asked in surprise.

"Well there are some low lifes out there inthe media and entertainment world. Its dangerous, even now, I cant help but worry."

I cupped his cheek with both hands.

I didnt know he cared for me that much. He's so sweet...............

"Its not that bad Oppa."

"Well I suppose this is what its like when a man falls in love with a woman."

"Yup yup."

"So do you get it now? I'm the one who is in love with you here so have some confidence!"

I kiss his lips. "You're right. Every girl in the country is in love with you Oppa."

Jae Joong's smile happily at me after the kiss. "That's right. And out of them all, I chose you."

I hugged him. But I cant seem to shake off that arranged marriage from my mind though....But there isno point brooding over it. I've just got to trust in Jae Joong and work hard!

 

Several days later, my meeting in the editorial office was morelively than usual.

"And so, our magazine will be doing a tie-in with Boa's brand,"Cathy's"Chief announced.

Cheers erupted around the room.

"In relation to the first store opening with Kim Dong Hae's backing, we will be including a free Cathy's speciality product."

"Awesome, I bet other magazines like Candy's or Leopard are gonna be completely devatasted that we snagged a freebie deal with Cathy's,"an editor commented.

"Wow, we need to make it super cute and hopefully the issue will fly off the shelves!"

A special feature?.. I wonder what it'll be like? I'm really looking forward to it!

"Now, to choose a team leader...Jiyoon, you do it," Chief announced.

"Eh? Are you sure?"

"I'm fairly sure you are up to the job. I think it would be a great idea to have you in charge of a product placement."he answered.

"I agree! Jiyoon, you really have a good taste,"one of the female editors said.

I bowed my head to them,"Thank you. I'll do my best!"

"And you look at things from the readers point of view. And for some reasn you have the ability to get Marsh and those main players on your side. And you'll probably get on well with our client too. Make sure you do nothing to offend her,"he adds.

"I wont let you down!"

I never thought I would have the opportunity to meet Boa...

I felt strangely nervous.

The quality of the free goods is going to affect the sales of the magazine....

I should just have fun with it and do the best job I can!

 

End Of Chapter

 

Hey guys, dont forget to read Sleepless in the Seduced City Vol 2 featuring Zelo. Thanx alot!!!