Chapter 4 - JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEWAtaNUrb6AnjmNz26Sy

I've been following Jae Joong around so much lately. Its about time I came in to work again.

Hey hey, Jiyoonie,"Nicole calls out to me.jung-nicole-17.jpg

"Is it true that you went to Infinite show yesterday?"

Nicole is my coworker,roommate and bff.

"Um yeah, I was following Jae Joong around,"

Yeah I know, I was the one who practically drag him out to the show............

"How cool! You got nominated by Jae Joong himself and now you get to meet Sungkyu! You get all the luck Jiyoonie."

So much keeps happening that I'm barely aware of that but looking at if from someone's else prespective, I guess that's true..........

"Did you exchange phone numbers or anything?"

"Hmm, well yeah but........."

Nicole's eyes widen. "Eh?? So you do have Kim Jae Joong's mobile number?"

"You're the one who asked but why are you acting so shocked?"

"Well, I didnt think you'd really exchange anything. But then........You dont even have to go through his manager. You can just contact him yourself."

"I couldnt possibly do that. We're not friends."

"Guess not huh," she said , looking disappointed. "Man, you know Jae Joong's number and everything but you cant even call him. What a waste!"

"I've got no reason to call him either". For some reason, I feel a bit disappointred that I cant call Jae Joong. It just feels taht we've distanced ourselves a little. After all, we've been together all the time for these past few days.

Nicole's question, stopped my thoughts of him," Oh yeah, Have you heard from Chief?"

I shake my head.

"We're actually suppossed to get some assistance for a fashion page photoshoot for a women's magazine that we're doing as an extra isue. But now we need another hand..."

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you," Chief said, appearing from nowhere. 'Jiyoon, if you could, head to the studio after this. K Studio."

"Yes sir". I get to help out with the fashion page that I adore so much? I'll do my best!

"I got the progress chart and started laying out clothes as instructed."

"Alright.Hyuna. Next up is the front cover shot!" the photographer's assistant said out loud.

hyuna__superstar_live__by_yeahkpop-d

Hyuna? Wow, Kim Hyuna is here. Isnt she Jae Joong's rumored girlfriend?

I saw Hyuna striking poses in the clothes that I had laid out.

Whoops, I made eye contact.

Not wanting to interfere with the shoot, I hastily spoke up to one of the staff.

 

Its so fun being in such a glamourous place...And its a great fashion reference source.

"Say, excuse me miss," Hyuna said to me.

"Huh?" OMG, she is talking to me. "How do you do. My name is Jeon Jiyoon from the Cinderella editing department."

"I know. You're the one doing the close coverage on Joongie, yes?"

"Yes, that is correct."

She looks at me as though I was a vermin in her eyes. "There are rumors about you. You've been secretly photographed next to him. Its all over the Tv and papers."

I was shocked by the piece of news. I had no idea.

"What's it like doing that coverage thingy with him? It must be such a pain in the considering how selfish he is."

"Er..no, not all all." Why do I get a feeling she's like saying Jae Joong is mine?

"Oh, a phone is ringing..."

"That's mine," Hyuna told me.

Whoops, I caught a glipmse of the text on her phone screen....It reads 'Joongie'

"Hello? Right now? Its fine, I'm at a photoshoot but its break time now," She said in a really cute manner. She sure do know how to change her voice.

Hyuna stepped out of the studio, still chatting on the phone.

Did she just look back at me? Its like she wanted to show me that she'd gotten a call from Jae Joong. I dont like this.............

"Good morning Marsha." I heard a man said.

"Good work everyone! Is the shoot going well?"

Heechul+as+girl.jpg

Oh , thats the one they call the Charisma stylist.....

"How do you do? I am Jeon Jiyoon. I'm here today to assist with the shoot. Nice to meet you!"

"Hello there. You are so cheerful, I like it."

They say he's a gay. But he's easier to talk to than I had expected...

"I hate to get right to business but could you bring this oufit over?" He said politely.

"Of course!"

I dont care much for Hyuna's attitude but I'll do my best to help out today.

"Lets see, that outfit...Oh hey, there are two of them with different colors. Hmm, which one should I bring?"

Should I run back and ask Marsha? No, that's just be a waste of time. I'll bring both.

"Marsha, I brought the outfit. There are two different colors so i brought both. Which one were you planning to use?"

Marsha pondered. "Let's see, we're going with this purse today. This color would match better."

After making up his mind, he smiles at me,"Thanks for bringing out both, I appreciate it."

"No problem, I'll bring back the one you're not using."

"Huh, dont worry. I'll ask someone to do it."

"It would get dirty if I left it out and everybody looks busy so I'll do it. It wont take long!"

I ran to return the outfit. Covering Jae Joong has been fun but its pretty nice working with this shoot....

"Okay, put this here,"Marsha instructed.

"Right. Oh, I'll leave the next one you're using here."

"Thanks darling. We've hit a good stopping point so lets take a break a break have some tea or something."

Marsha called for a break.

"You're a hard worker. I just love people with motivation!"

"Oh, not at all. I've always dreamed of doing editing. Making it into the Cinderella was a real windfall for me. So i 'm doing my best to prove my worth! That's how I see it."

"Mmm, how nice. What are you normally in charge of?"

"Right now, I've started taking charge of an upcoming series of front page articles...."

"Oh I get it! That must be Joongi's serial photography!"

"Joongie? You mean Jae Jong right? Yup, that's right."

"I was so surprised to hear Joongie was getting photographed by Cinderella and a serial story to boot! He likes to put on act, such a pain in the . But anyway, what a great assignment for a new girl to get."

"Well, I got it more by luck," I admitted. "And also a lot of pure coincidences so its kind of rough keeping up."

"Mhmm, though most girls these days would turn into braggybodies if they had your luck."

Girl these days? How old is Marsha? I am curious but I probably shouldnt ask the age of someone who's a girl at heart.

"Well luck is just another skill. Keep your nose clean!"

Keep my nose clean? That is such an old school phrase. Seriously how old is he?

Hyuna's back in the studio.........

"Oh here I thought the air in the studio was so refreshing..It must have been because Hyuna wasnt here.," Marsha said sarcasticly.

What ? Did Marsha just slam her?

"Hyuna's a perfect example of the kind of braggybody I was talking about. She's pretty enough to look at she built the rest of her career on luck and coincidence. Its nothing to act so big over. I dont care much for it."

Oh, so that's what Hyuna is like.....

"Jiyoon, you're handling Joongie right? You should steal him to shut her up."

"What? You mean me?"

"You must think I'm joking but I'm totally serious darling."

Marsha is a funny guy.

After the photoshoot, Marsha invited me to join him for dinner.

"Here we are! This place has caught my eye for a while now."

As we entered the restaurant with Marsha's loud chatting away, the other customers started to murmur.

"Oh, that's Marsha, the Charisma stylist."

"Wow, he looks even more effeminate than he does on Tv."

"Heh hee, Of course I do,"he said happily.

Marsha's talking to them...He's so sociable with everyone.

"The night view outside is gorgeous and its such a pretty and classy restaurant."

"Isnt it though? I saw it on some blog and I've been dying to come here ever since."

"Oh, you're mobile phone is the brand you're collaborating with, isnt it?" I asked.

"Bingo! This pink is just too adorable!"

'And oh, I like the color of your purse darling."

"Its the same brand. It goes with your mobile phone color, doesnt it?"

"I just love cute thingy!" He said with a big smile.

"Oh, our glasses are empty already. What will you drink next?" Marsha asked.

"Oh, I'll make the order. What would you like Marsha?"

"Dont worry about it, I invited you,". He waved to the waiter. "Excuse me!"

Its so easy talking to Marsha. Its like talking to a really candid woman.

"Oh yes, Going back to what we weretalking before,Did you know? Hyuna has been desperately trying to get into a good relatonship with an actor or idol."

"Is that right?"

"If she makes a good connection, it'll get her close to movie directors and major celebrities."

"Hyuna is already so prety and y, She should be able to get along naturally with all kinds of people without having to go to that much trouble."

"Not with her personality. When she gets close to someone, they say she dumps them for another man at the first sign of waning popularity"

'I see..So you are saying her pride doesnt allow it."

"That woman nominates me for everything. Its work for me so I cant turn it down, but I cant stand her."

"You really dislike her that much?"

"Cant stand her!"

"So, you better watch out. She's got Joongie on her sights, there's no doubt in my mind about that."

"Make sure Joongie watches out for you."

"Watches out? Jae Joong and I arent really....."

"Oh but I heard he has taken quite a shine to you,"

"That's just rumors."

"Is really rumors? Well, Joongie nominated you directly didnt he?"

"He did but that was because he knew my face beforehand from his brother's party."

"Knowing your face beforehand has nothing to do with it. If he didnt like you, that would just make him nominate someone that wasnt you instead,"

"Do you think so?"

Suddenly a brief silence fell over the restaurant. There were girls gasping.

"What's up,"

"Jae Joong?!"

"My my, took you long enough! We have been waiting for you,"

He stood beside Marsha. "Its been heated enough around here without me, hasnt it?"

"What's the problem? Its just girl talk."

"Girl?"

Marsha's eyes threw daggers at Jae Joong. "What?! I'm a girl too, you know!"

"Hmm, what are you doing here Jae Joong? Did you just happen to stop by?' I asked curiously.

"Are you an idiot?"He said in anger. "Why the hell would I come to a girl oriented restaurant like this one by myself?"

'Err then?"

"I called him here," Marsha spoke. "I wanted to see the two of you together,"

"Whats the big idea?" he asked Marsha.

"Well, the rumor was true that you nominated a girl in the editing department."

"You dont have to put it like that. Dont give people the wrong idea."

I just realised that Jae Joong has been standing all this while. "Oh we should get you a seat...Excuse me, could you bring one more chair around please?"

"You're really a hardworker," Marsha commented." You've been at it all day today. Arent you tired?"

"You've been running around as much as she does Marsha. Wouldnt you be just as tired?" Jae Joong asked teasingly.

Marsha shot him a killer glance. "What are you implying Joongie? That I'm not young anymore?"

"Who could say?"

They've got a good banter going on.

"I'm just so glad that Jiyoon was here today," Marsha said, changing the subject. "Girls these days always try to work it out themselves if they dont understand something. They never ask and they screw it up, big time,"

Marsha is going off again.........

"I see, I guess you'd managed to make yourself useful for Marsha",  he said looking at me.

"It wasnt just making herself useful. She was so detailed oriented. She thought things through and worked fast."

"Oh yeah?"

"I didnt do anything that great."

"See, look how modest she is. Kids nowadays are so greedy. They dont know when to pull back."

"I think she will be fine in that regard."

"What? Are you talking about me?"

"Well, you never gives in no matter what I say,:"he answered. "I guess you've got thick skin. You never get bothered by how I treat you".

"It does bother me," I admitted. "But I dont hold grudges for long."

"Are you sure you dont just have a bad memory?"

"I appreciate if you dont call me forgetful. I dont look that old, do I?"

BEEEEPPPPPPPPP........

"Oh that's mine. Excuse me for a moment...Hello? Jeon Jiyoon here."

"Hey, good work today", Chief said.

"You too."

"We just received a call from Jae Joong's manager . There is a celebrity golf tournament tomorrow. They want us to do a close coverage on that."

"A celebrity golf tournament? Oh yeah, I see that kind of stuff on Tv all the time."

"Something about my schedule," Jae Joong asked.

I nodded.

"All right. I'll head straight there tomorrow." I said before hanging up

"Oh you're doing coverage on Joongie tomorrow." Marsha said happily.

"That's right. A golf tournament..."

"So do you even know anything about golf? Jae Joong asked.

"I've never played."

"Can see that."

"My, you talk so tough but you look so happy Joongie," Marsha commented.

"Wh.........."

"Er............" I said.

"The hell I am," he said, looking worked up.

"Oh its been so long since you snapped at me!" Marsha look at him with a mischevious look.

"I'm a woman in heart,mind, body and soul!"

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, get me a drink."

"Oh sorry. Lets see whats on the menu."

"Get something for yourself too,"

I made eye contact with Jae Joong. He was looking at me with a teasing smile.

Am I drunk? I think my heart just skipped a beat.

Now that I think about it, he called up Hyuna today. I guess they are really going out. But I cant say I saw her screen. I'll just keep quiet.

After that we stayed out sharing a pleasant chat at the restaurant till late.

 

Text received - 

Whats the deal,going to a hot spring with Kim Jae Joong? Hey, isnt Sungkyu gonna be at the tournament too? Man, soooo jealous. I'm waiting for your updates - Nicole

 

End of Chapter 4.............