Epilogue Part 2 - JaeYoon

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

Today was my first meeting with Ms Kwon Boa about the magazie feature.

Ahh..I'm really nervous. She is an internationally successful businesswoman...

"Straighten up, Ms Kwon will be here anyminute now," an old timer Editor said.

"Okay..."

The door to the editorial room opened, and in swept a woman representing a strong aura followed by another person.

"I'm Boa. I'm very pleased to meet you."

"Its nice to meet you too...My name is Jeon Jiyoon. I'm in charge of planning."

She's even prettier in person..Her skin is so smooth and you can tell she oozes confidence...

I wonder if the lady behind her is her assistant?

"Hello,"she spoke with a big smile. "So you're Jiyoon. I heard all about you. You're Joongie's girlfriend, arent you?"

"Huh?"

I never thought Boa knows about me!

"Yes, that' right."

"I heard that Joongie was head over heels in love so I was dying to meet you!"

Who did she hear that from..?

I've never met Jae Joong's father... Could it have been Jae Joong himself...?

"Oh, sorry to keep you standing. Please take a seat."

"There is no need to be so formal. It is my first store opening here so I'll need you to tell me all the things the local girls are into.So lets be friends!"

"Yes of course. You can count on me!"

She's a lot easier to talk to than what I had imagined. I'm so glad.

 

"Oh, so that's what the girls here like at the moment!"

"That's right, and there's also this............."

"Ooh! Look at that! I've never seen that attached to a cell phone before!? Today's city girl's are really fashionable! Isnt this just divine?"

"It is! I've always wanted to see that in stores,"I said.

But the old timer editor asked,"But Ms Jeon, wouldnt that be a bit difficult to include as a freebie?"

Boa's secretary who has been quiet all along spoke up," I agree. Boa... A freebie isnt the same as something you can buy from the store...The cost would be..."

"But this is really cute,"Boa protested. "What do you think Jiyoon?"

"Well, if this is a hit perhaps it would have a commercial value?"I answered.

"Yes but..." the secretary said but I cut her off.

"Then wouldnt it be interesting to test it out? And we know wht is considered trendy right now."

"But a freebie is a freebie after all. We cannot go overboard,"the editor said firmly.

"But you never know how it'll turn out until you try," I said determinedly, not willing to give up. "There is a war going on between magazines at the moment for the best freebies and the advertising department might adjust the profit margins a bit. And I'll try to get in contact with a manufacturer friend of mine."

"Oh, thanks Jiyoon!" Boa said happily."You re completely right. It would be a shame to shy away from this opportunity just when we are opening our first store here.I'll put up some funds as well."

I can see exactly where Boa is coming rom and she understands evrything I am trying to get across....

"But Boa...."

"Dont be a kill joy Tiffany. Just think of it as your birthday gift to me and let it slide."

"Is your birthday coming up?"I asked curiously.

"Yes.Opening a store here is kind of a present to myself."

Aww...In that case I'll need to work double hard with this project....

 

At a restaurant

"And then Boa and I discusses the project together.........I know she is the owner of a popular brand but she really does have a good taste."

Jae Joong smiles at me. "Heh, It sounds like you two really hit it off."

"Yes, I was glad to find her so easy to talk to."

"She's as straight as a guy when it comes to not sweating at the small stuff. She is a fun person to be around as friends."

"Next I'll be meeting with one of Boa's designers to discuss the freebie design.Its supposed to be released with the next issue so we need to get it done quickly."

Jae Joong patted my head. "You're really into this."

I like it when he does that. t makes me feel loved.

"Yes I am. Everytime I make a  suggestion, Boa is right ther with me, she understands."

And she's not afraid to speak up if she thinks something cant be done. Talking to hert makes anything seems possible."

"I like this side of you. Seeimg you all fired up about this work collaboration.'

"Really?"

He nodded. "You have confidence right? And you seem to be having fun. And you came up with the concept, didnt you?"

"I suppose."

"Well, I can see a bit of Boa's loud taste in there too."

^.^

"I'll make sure to buy 1000 copies of the magazine when it comes out."

"1000 copies?" I said in surprise. "Its scary because it sounds like something you would actually do..."

"Whats wrong with that? Its something you've worked hard on. So I want to help out!"

"Haha, are you blushing Oppa? Well, dont worry, You wont need to buy that much. All I need is your love and support!"

"I am not blushing!"he said, looking away.

"Fine, fine. I believe you. "

I patted his head this time.

"So not cute,"he complained.

It nice to hear Jae Joong say that, it feels like a compliment.

I really want to make this worthwhile. No, I need to work with this to make it so!

 

 

"Good morning!"I greeted everyone happily inside the office.

The freebie talks went perfectly and I've checked out the sample so all I have to do now is wait for them to be made.

This job was a lot of fun and I think I was able to stay confident like what Jae Joong told me to.

"Ah, Jiyoon....:" a male editor calls out.

I broke out from my daze. "Yes?"

He looked as though he wants to tell me something but ,"Oh no, its nothing,"

What could it be....Everyone seems to be acting a little strange today.

I decided to ask Go Hara, one of the editors from my batch,"Hara, is there something wrong with the production?"

She look at me in surprise," Eh? Oh no...not really..."

"Then what is it? Everyone is acting so secretively. Are you hiding something?"

"Didnt you see the news in the morning?"she asked. "Or hasnt Jae Joong said anything to you?"

'Jae Joong? I was running late this morning so I didnt watch the news..."

So its not about work, but about Jae Joong?

"It said that Jae Joong and Ms Kwon Boa are engaged."

Oh, is that all?

"He already told me about that. He and Boa grew up together."

"Eh! So you already knew!?"

A lot of people was shocked by the news.

"It appears that their respective mothers are arranging engagement talks,"the guy editor informs.

"Centering around Boa's birthday,"Hara adds.

"On her birthday?"  I didnt know that part.....

"Their parents may have leaked out the information to put pressure on them to make the arrangement stick,"Nicole said appearing beside me. "They were discussing it a lot on the talk shows this morning."

"Oh...."

I havent been too worried about it mainly because Jae Joong hs already told me..........

I shouldnt be too surprised. They are two well known celebrities, people are going to talk about it.

"But Jae Joong already has you,"Hara said.

"It seems that complete strangers are trying to make a big deal out of this but you shouldnt pay them any mind,"Nicole said, hugging me.

"I know, thank you."

I shouldnt worry about it...But I cant help it if I do....

Anybody could see that Boa is perfect for him....

 

"Arghhh!"

Its been days since then....And yet, I still cant get it out of my mind

Mrs Kim seems to like Boa a lot as well.

And the engagement is a hot topic in the media right now.

The more I think about it, the more confidence I lose...At the moment it seems that, there could never be any future for us together.

"Arghhh!"

"Hey, that's your 12th sigh in a row!" Nicole said.

"Nicole...You were counting?"

"At a guess!"

"Sorry, I didnt mean to shout."

She sat beside m on the sofa. "You were thinking about Jae Joong arent you?"

"Yeah......."

"About his engagement to Boa? But no matter how you look at it, you are the only one for him. So what's there to worry about?"

"Yeah..........."

Its not like i'm doubting Jae Joong's feelings for me.

But his mother's words continue to prey on my heart.

Ding Dong........

"Oh, somebody's here, A package delivery?" Nicole guessed. "Its just before payday. Could b a care package from my parents..."

"Haa..."

Nicole is going to get mad if I kept sighing like this....

She went to open the door.

'Ahh!!" I heard her shouting. It was a piercing scream.

I immediately stood up and run to the door.

"Nicole, are you alright?"

"Huh, Oppa!?"

Nicole looks at me sadly,"Jiyoon, I'm done."

"Why did you scream just now? Just because you saw him?"

Jae Joong looked innocently at me. "All I did was say, hello Nicole..."

Nicole broke into a big smile then. "To think Kim Jae Joong remembers my name...."

"Well, you come up in her stories a lot,"Jae Joong said, smiling back.

"I do? Thank you Jiyoon!"

They're usually stories about Nicole clumsiness but well keep that a secret.

I turn my attention to Jae Joong,"Why are you here?'

"Oh..There is  lot of talk going on the moment...."

"Right about Boa!" Nicole fills in for him. "Its so hard to be around her at the moment. She's really depressed."

"Nicole!" I gave her a disapproving look.

"I thought so.."

Ahh ..this is so awkward.

He might think that I dont have faith in him?

"I-It just got to me a little bit. But I'm fine now really!" I lied.

"Really? Does that mean that you'll stop sighing all the time?"Nicole asked.

"Uh..."

Jae Joong came to me and hugs me.

"If you're feeling down bout it then tell me. I wont hate you for it."he whispered.

"You wont?"

"If you're really getting down about this busines with Boa. It just shows how much you truly care for me."

Geez.. I'm having a hard time here and he's being so nonchalant about it...

"I thought it might be getting to you so I came to take you out."

"Out? Out to where?"

"Dinner perhaps? Just for a change of scenery."

"Isnt that great Jiyoon? You must go!" Nicole cheered.

I break away from Jae Joong's hug and smiled at my bestfriend.

"I understand how you feel but there' no point of dwelling on it. Go out and strengthen the bond you have with him!"

Nicole saw us out as we left the apartment.

 

At Jae Joong's room

"That was a lovely meal. Thank you."

"You seem to bounce right back after a good meal,"he commented.

I flash him and angry look. "How rude. I have anxieties that even food cant fix sometimes."

Andthe reason I'm feeling better now is mostly because Jae Joong came to see me..

"You can stay with me tonight, cant you?"

"Hm? Oh yes, I'll just give Nicole a call."

"I'm sure Nicole already knows that without you calling her."

"Since when did you and Nicole become friends?' I asked.

"We're not....but......."

He hugged me gently from behind.

"Its been so long since we had some time to ourselves, I dont want anything to get in our way."

"Okay..."

Jae Joong is so close...

"Can I kiss you?"he whispered huskily in my ears.

"You've never asked before,"I teased with a smile.

"Well , I thought I should ask sometimes,"he teases back.

"Honestly....Mnn...."

His lips pressed silently against mine and a hot sensation began to build where our lips touched.

"Ah...."I moaned.

His lip trailed down my neck and his hands fumbled around the buttons of my blouse.

"Jae Joong,"I calls out his name.

I could feel the warmth of his touch as I circled my arms around his neck...

 

"So, the project is...."

Hmm? Someone is talking.....

"Ah sorry. Did I wake you up?" Jae Joong said as he plant kisses on my face.

"Oh it was just the Tv..."I said,rubbing my blurry eyes to focus on the news.

"I just turned it on and they had my dad on economics,"he explained.

I rested my head on his shoulder and watch the news together.

"Speaking of the The Kims family,"the TV host said. "There have been a lot of rumors lately surrounding Actor Kim Jae Joong and Ms Kwon Boa."

"Apparently they are engaged,"the guest on the show provides.

"But he is also rumored to be dating that magazine editor whom he had worked with for his special feature,'the Tv host adds.

Huh, they are talking about me as well?

"But dont you think Jae Joong and Boa looks perfect together....If you hold their images up like this?"

jaejoongboalegra.jpg

The host placed a photo of them side by side of each other.

"Well, they are two famous people. But have you seen a more perfect couple?"The Guest commented. "I suppose the rumors about the mgazine editor were all just lies anyway..."

I was sad.

That's so cruel. They didnt need to say it like that........

"What the........"Jae Joong said in anger.

Click.

He switched off the Tv.

"You didnt have to turn it off,"i said.

"It doesnt exactly make me feel good watching it."

I moved away from his body and rested my head on the pillow instead. "But its the truth..."

"What?"

Its as if something I was ignoring at the base of my soul, had been ripped out and held right in front of me....

"Oi, what do you mean by that?"

"Because nothing seems out of place if Boa were to stand next to you."

"Are you really that much of a defeatist?"

I didnt answer.

He's right...I had been feeling perfectly content just until a moment ago....

But notknowing how long thisis going to be going on for, when I dont know where this is all heading to............

"How long are people going to keep talking?"

He hugged my body, "Just ignore it and we'll be fine."

I pushed him away from me.

"You may be able to do that but not for me..."

Jae Joong pulls me back. "Its something our mothers came up with. I didnt agree to it and it has nothing to dowith me or us. Dont you want to be with me?'

"I dont men it like that. But I dont know how I could ever get your moms's approval. And the press keep saying all these things....I cant handle it..."

He let go of me.

"I see."

He stood up and got dressed.

"So end of the day, you dont trust me!"

I scrambled to cover the white sheet with my body as I tried to get up from the bed . "No! That's not what I ...."

BAM!

Jae Joong stormed out of the room.

I trust Jae Joong more than anyone else in the world. I know exactly how much he cares for me......

I laid back helplessly on the bed and cries.

Am I being selfish wanting to have others accept our relationship and gives us their blessings?

Or is it just a lack of confidence in myself coming to the surface ?

 

End Of Chapter

 

Oh my, i like this chappie but its very sad too. hiks hiks