Chapter 10 - JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

When we left the pool bar, Jae Joong held me close....

I'm k-i-s-s-i-n-g Jae Joong..........

Our lips slowly parted.

"J-Jaee Jooong..... Um...."

"That was a spur of the moment, sorry." He slightly blushed.

"Spur of the moment?"

He looks away. " What? You'd call that cute."

"Cute?"

"Do you have to respond to everything?!" he said in frustration.

Jae Joong might be pretty drunk.....

He'd never normally say such things right? Much less that kiss just now....

"Jae Joong , you're blushing..."

"Shut up."

Is the drink making him flushed? Or is he embarrssed? Why did he kiss me for?

"Let's go dancing,"he suggested.

"What?"

"There's a nice club near here. C'mon."

He's as forceful as ever...But I guess I dont really mind it. I...do like him....

 

End of Chapter.

 

Text Received -

Sorry to drag you around so late. Strangely it was the most fun time I'd had in a while.

- Jae Joong Oppa 

 

For some reason our hands stayed lock..........

Can we just keep holding them like this?

I'll stay like this until Jae Joong decided to let go.

But Jae Joong didnt let go after that either.

The area's packed with people. Maybe Jae Joong wont get noticed if he keeps his head down.

But he's pretty tall.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sensing something is amiss.

"Er...Its nothing." It would feel lonely if I said something weird and he let go of my hand....

"Hey," a man calls out.

Whoa, English?!

"Nice couple, wont you come to our bar?"

"Well...." Jae Joong said, pondering. He started chatting rapidly with the black man that had suddenly called out to us.

Jae Joong speaks fluent English? I guess he would...He did go to school in Switzerland.

"Seeya!" he waved that man goodbye.

"Um, what did that man say...?"I asked curiously.

"He was saying there's a nice bar we should visit. It's R&B night there," he explained as we continue on walking.

"Oh, so that's it...Your time overseas in boarding school really shows. Your pronounciation is so elegant."I praised.

"Hey, have you visited First Bar?" another man approaches us.

Whoa, not again!

"We sure are getting called out a lot." Jae Joong commented.

"Hey, isnt that Kim Jae Joong?" a passerby said while giggling.

"It's him! Who's that he's with?"her friend said to her.

'Jae Joong, everyone sees you. Of course its easy to call out to you," I whispered to him.

Still he seems to be enjoying himself.

"You look like you're having fun, Jae Joong."

"Yeah,"he answered with a big smile. "Those foreigners calling out to me have no idea of who I am. It's nice. Takes me back when I went to college in Hawaii and I was free to do what I wanted."

Er, I think he's still getting noticed plenty by all Japanese people walking around us.......

I remembered hearing on a talk once that Kim Jae Joong had gone to the University of Hawaii years ago."

"Back then, I never would imagined walking the streets at night like this with that very man.

'Now its all, hey its Kim Jae Joong, everywhere I go. Its aggravating," he lamented.

"I see...I guess you don't really get much time to relax," I said in sympathy.

"Yeah. Though I enjoy my time with you enough."

"What? How come?"

He smiles again. "How to put it...Maybe because you dont flatter me? You dont go out of your way to cater to me, and sometimes you say weird things that make me laugh."

I roll my eyes at him. "I told you, I don't ever tried to make you laugh!"

"There aren't that many women that throw out retorts like that to me."

"I do think that if you were in a comic routine, you'd be the one throwing out the retorts...," I answered back.

"That's not what I'm talking about,'he said happily and laughs again.

Well, I'm happy that Jae Joong laughs for me...

"Oh, there's the club!"he pointed out.

I look to the direction he's pointing to,"I think that place got picked up by Nicole's magazine once."

"Yeah, its pretty famous."

As we were walking there, I saw a food cart nearby.

I tugged at his hand gently and pointed out to the cart. 'Oh, look! They're selling sish kebabs!"

"Food again?" he said with a laugh. "You really like to put food before romance, dont you?"

Shyly, I answered, " I hardly had a thing to eat at the restaurant."

"There was too much of a clamor in the VIP room to eat anything..." he said, nodding.

The truth is that ever since Jae Joong started acting sour during my date with Hyun Joong before, I hardly had any appetite to speak of...

"Now that things have settled down, suddenly I'm really hungry."

"What? Were you worried about something?" he asked, alarmed.

Jae Joong approached me normally so....... Maybe I shouldnt say anything.

"Its not like binge eatig is all I do, you know."

"I wouldnt know,"he teases.

Jae Joong laughs and pull me to the kebab cart .

It feels almost like a date....

"Wow! It looks good!" I said eagerly.

"Dont you say that about everything?"he said.

"Jae Joong, what kind of sauce will you have? I'm going with the original sauce."

"I'll have mine with chilli sauce."

The vendor cut the rotating meat with a knife and deposited it into a pita bread.

"Oh, Jae Joong, stay just like that!"

Snap!

"Another gourmet report?"

"Not quite! This is close coverage for Kim Jae Joong." I took another shot of Jae Joong stuffing his face with kebab meat while laughing.

"You dont have any trouble eating junk food either, do you?"I asked teasingly.

"Either? What's this either about?"

"You said all that stuff about Hyun Joong, but I was thinking that you two were really alike."

"Well, we are brothers. There's bound to be a resemblance or two."

"Your faces look sort of similar even if your personalities are different. Is there anything else you two have in common?"

"Our taste in women,"he said in a different tone.

"Er...."

He sure answered that without missing a beat...

"Have you two ever cared for the same woman?" I decided to probe.

"Who could say?" he said before munching his food.

"You're doing that thing where you dictate the whole pace again..." I said with a sigh.

"Well, excuse me for being more petty than my brother," he said with sarcasm.

"I never said that!" I protested.

"Does that taste good to you?" he asked while looking at my kebab, totally changing the subject.

"Yeah, its delicious. Kind of spicy though. Want same?" I offered.

"Sure!"

Whoa...It feels really close with me feeding him with my food...

"Mmm, it does taste a little different from mine. Have a bite?"

I took a bite. Gulp.

"Mmm! Delicious..."

"You sound so shocked." he state.

"Oh, that's not it."

I can hardly tell him that I feel so close that I hadn't even considered the taste.....

"Why's your face so red?"

"I-It's nott re-red. I-I might b-be drunk..."

"Dont lie. You're just about completely sober."

Gah, he's onto me. I should have known better than to lie to a professional actor.

"C'mon, let's go." He took my hand again.

"Oh? You dont want to go to the club?"I asked in surprise.

"I'm satisfied enough seeing your face like that."

"What?"

What? What does he mean?

"Jae Joong, where are we going?"

"Who knows? Wherever I feel like."

He really does dictate the pace...But this is the first time I've walked around with Jae Joong this way, with no goal in mind. It really is like a date.

"Oh Jae Joong, check it out!"I pointed out.

"What?"

"Look at all the balloons!"

"Oh, I remember this balloon shop opening here years ago."

"Wow, they're so cute!!!"

Balloons of all shapes and colors adorned the display window.

"Wow, there's a heart-shaped one!"I said excitedly. "This one looks like abouquet! Oh, they have cords too!"

"Women like that kind of thing huh?"

"Well, I mean, they're so cute. If they handed these out, I'd totally come get one!"

"That makes me picture you in line with a bunch of kids to get one," Jae Joong said with a thinking look.

I bet he's projecting what he said in his mind right now.

"Aww, the store's closed. I would have bought one if it was open," I said sadly.

"Just come by during the day next time,"he comfort me.

"Good idea. But I wouldnt want to come alone...Maybe I could invite Nicole along."

"I'll come with you,"he offered.

"What? You will?"

Does that mean we'll go on another date?

"C'mon, lets get going."he pull me again.

Its started to feel perfectly normal, walking around holding hands with Jae Joong.....

But I shouldnt get too used to it.....

Despite my thoughts, I couldnt bring myself to let go of his hand.

"Is there anywhere you'd like to go?"he asked.

"Umm, Iets see... I dont know much about this area.. What's around here?"

Oh, a florist... And open this late, too.

"Oh! Look at that!" I pointed again.

"What now?"he said in defeat.

"Look at those blue roses!"

"Oh..."

"Can we take a quick look?" I plead, looking at him with puppy eyes.

He nodded with a sigh.

Wow... the more I look at them, the prettier they get....

"They're lovely arent they? I hear they were discovered just recently through biotechnology,' the florist said.

"Biotechnology..?" I repeat.

"I think its gene recombination or something like that," she said. "Though I've heard blue roses arent supposed to be possible."

"Oh really?"

"That's certainly the first time I've seen one,"Jae Joong commented.

"Apparently roses never used to have blue pigments,"she continued. "And just taking the red out of the red roses didnt work...So it came about through gene recombination."

"Do you sell a lot of these?" Jae Joong asked the florist.

"Er, umm, well, that is..."

The clerk's thown off because she recognizes Jae Joong....

"Let me think.. The ones in florists like this one are still a little too pricey on the side. "So most of the time people just admire them and move on,"

"Is that so.."

"Jae Joong, I'd like one of these," I said to him.

"Huh?" He look surprised that I would say that to him.

"Sorry, just kidding..."

He doesnt have to scowl like that....

"You really want one?"

"No, it was just a joke, honest."

"Make me a bouquet with every one of this rose in the store," he said to the florist.

The florist nodded happily. "Right away sir!"

I looked between Jae Joong and the clerk.

"J-Jae Joong, you're buying them? A whole bouquet?"

The clerk just said that they were expensive...

Buying out somerthing like that without a care? We do live in different worlds.

"Thank you for waiting."

Jae Joongtook the bouquet from the clerk...

"Mmm."

What?

He offered them up in front of me.....

"Er..."

"Its for you. Get a clue."he said shyly.

"B..er,b-but, why....?"

"You wanted them, didnt you?"

"I did, but not so many..."

"Just take it already. This is embarrassing."

Jae Joong's blushing.. He really is embarrassed.

"Oh, thank you," I said happily, taking the flowers from him.

"I've never given a bouquet as a present to such a blunt woman before."

"Oh? Is that right? You seem like you'd give things out to others....."

"I've got nowhere near that much integrity."

"Still..I'm so happy! Thank you so much!"

"Mmm."

A bouquet of blue roses? Its like I'm in a fairy tale.. Goodness, I dont think a present has ever made me so happy before....

"I'll see you home."

After that Jae Joong called up his manager and I got a ride home in his car.

 

"See you," Jae Joong said to me. We stood outside of my apartment.

"Yeah..."

There's so much I want to ask about. What our kiss meant, what this bouquet meant...But the words just arent coming.

"So, what happens with you and my brother?"

"Hmm?"

Wh-what happens..?

"No..That's a low way to bring that up," he said in regret. "My brother's a perfect guy who can do anything, and I'm sure he's caught your eye too..."

"But I'm not going to back off anymore, and I cant hold myself back either, okay?" He look at me into the eye, his face blushing heavily,"So...what I'm saying is, I'm not going to give you to him."

"Jae Joong..." I uttered.

Is he saying that he cares about me?

Besides, Hyun Joong and I arent really...

"Its Oppa," he reminded me. "Catch you later."

Having said what he wanted to say, Jae Joong climbed back intio the car. I watched until the car drove off.....