Chapter 13 - JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

"What's got you staring with such shining eyes?" Jae Joong asked curiously.

I was speechless but I managed to answer him,"Um, I thought this rins was cute.."

"Oh! Hyuna is here at the reception hall,"one reporter said out loud.

A commotion arose in the reception hall.

"Miss Hyuna, when you see pink diamonds like these, does it make you imagine an engagement ring from Mr Kim?"

"Well, pink diamonds are a girls' dream. Getting one from Joongie would be just as lovely,"she said happily.

"What the hell?" Jae Joong said angrily and sigh. "I guess all girls really do want diamonds and things?"

"I think it depends on the person,"I told him. "There are people who think that spending money on someone is a proof of love..."

"Are you saying that you're different?"

"I havent led that kind of luxurious lifestyle. On contrary, I'd be afraid of losing it if I was given something so valueable."

He smiles at me! He finally smiled and my heart skipped a beat.

"Why?"

"Well, something that rare and precious wouldnt suit me.. Besides..if I got it from someone I really cared for, I'd be happy getting the pull-tab from a juice can for an engagement ring."

"You dont want anything, do you?"

I want you Jae Joong but how can I say that?

"I think most women would feel that way."

"The hell they do," he look gloomy again.

Oh good, we're talking normally again right? Have we made up...?

A clamor arose all at once from the sound of footsteps clambering through the reception hall.

"Looks like my brother's press conference is done." Jae Joong said.

"Joongie and Jiyoon!" Hyun Joong said with a big smile as he walk up to us.

"Nice work,"Jae Joong praised.

"Thanks. Care to join me and have something to eat? With Jiyoon of course."

"It would be my pleasure."

Jae Joong look unhappy. "Where'd Marsha go?"

"Marsha's over ther.."I said, pointing to her direction.

Seeing the sight of Marsha gazing at a pink diamond with his hands clasped in front of her and her eyes alight, the two brothers burst out laughing at the same time.

 

"Speaking of which, how's Natasha doing, Marsha?"Hyun Joong asked.

"Just fine! She's working hard everyday,"she answered happily.

She turned to me and explained,"Natasha's my mum. That's her stage name."

Wow, Natasha is her stage name. They sound like mother and child.

"When she sees Hyun Joong on TV, she gets so pumped uo, saying things like, I'm no slouch when it comes to management ability either!"

"That's right, Hyun Joong, you were a regular at Natasha's club, right?"

"Yes, I had Marsha serve me pretty often back then."

"I was so smug to have Hyun Joong nominate me!"

'Why's you pick Marsha out anyway?" Jae Joong asked.

"Because she was fun to talk to."

Marsha's eyes threw daggers at Hyun Joong,"Oh, it wasnt based on looks? Hold on a minute!"

Jae Joong and Hyun Joong are both laughing in an uproar...

"Watching you two like this, you really are alike,"I commented.

"Huh? How so?' Jae Joong asked.

"Your faces of course but even things like the timing of your laughs..."

"Oh yes,"Marsha agrees. 'And you even competed for the same girl!"

What? You're blurting that out?

Marsha had a bunch of champagne while I wasnt looking..

"Marsha, thats all in the past," Hyun Joong said quietly.

"Stay out of that!" Jae Joong said, clearly upset.

"Come on, isnt it true? Beside Hyun Joong. You're always gently ignoring invitations from girls. I had to invite Jiyoon myself, whats the big idea?"

What? He's talking about me now!

'Hyun Joong, dont you have any interest in Jiyoon?"

"Marsha, you're drunk."

"I am not drunk! Maidens adore love stories!"

"Quit getting excited over other people's romances!" Jae Joong chided.

But she wouldnt back down.

"And what about you Joongie?"

"What about me?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Are you two going to head s over the same girl again?"she asked with an evil grin.

"Marsha, I have no idea what you mean!" I said angrily. "You're being rude to bith of them!"

"Marsha is the strongest when she is drunk,"Hyun Joong said, giving a strained smile as he tried to difuse the situation.

Jae Joong.......

"Dont make things up about other people's feelings. A boring office lady like this isnt my type anyway."

My heart instantly throbbed.

That's strange...My tongue's tied..If I dont sidestep this, I'll only give them weird ideas.

"Look at you, hoing on abouth that stuff again!" Marsha said.

It really was jumping to conclusions when I thought he cared for me...

None of it meant anything..Not the bouquet, not even the kiss.....

Someone's mobile rang.

"That's my phone,"Jae Joong said befor picking it up. "Oh, its you. Yeah, if you wanna come, come on. Right now in Yongbang. Yeah, you came here with Gayoon's group before."

"Who was that?" Marsha asked.

"Hyuna,"he asnwered.

"What? I so dont wanna be in Hyuna's presence." Marsha exclaimed.

"Once she gets here, I'll head off. Relax, I wont bother you."

When Hyuna came after that, Jae Joong did in fact move to a different sofa.

He looks like he's enjoying himself with Hyuna. Even though he's been acting cold to her all this while. They're shoulder-to-shoulder today...

Marsha glance in their way," Why would he call over a woman like that? Its a total buzzkill."

"........"

"Jiyoon," Hyun Joong calls out.

I looked up at him. "Hmm yes? Sorry I spaced out there."

"......"

Oh no, I'm being so rude to them, acting like this.

"Oh yes, come to think of it....," Hyun Joonf rummaged thru his case that he's placed on a chair nearby. "Its a modest present but I'd like you to have it Jiyoon."

Saying that, he drew out a small velvet box. "Go ahead and open it.'

"A-all right."

It's a necklace...Wait! Is-Isnt this....?

"Hey! Isnt that pink diamond? And on a necklace made of platinum!" Marsha exclaimed out loud with envy.

"I've been shown a number of samples at business venture meetings for this affair, but...I thought this one would suit you Jiyoon, so I had it transferred over to me."

I hands back the box to him,"Oh um, I couldnt possibly accept something so valueable..."

He chuckled. "Dont worry about that. On the contrary, its tiny and certainly not impressive at all, so your words humble me."

That's not trueat all. The design is so cute and its do pretty...

"You can consider it a token of my grattitude for showing me that charming bar at Yongsan."

"Come on, go ahead and just take it." Marsha urged.

"But....."

"I'll put it on you." Marsha removed the necklace from its box and clasped it around my neck. "It looks great on you,Jiyoon! Its so cute, it fits you perfectly." 

'I sincerely hope that you will accept it Jiyoon, "Hyun Joong said hopefully.

Hmm, I felt someone looking at me.

I glanced in Jae Joong's direction and made eye contact.

"Hyung, I'm going out drinking with Hyuna in Hongdae."

"Is that right?"Hyun Joong said .

Looking at me, Jae Joong said,"Jiyoon, I've got filming the day after tomorrow. I'll have my manager contact you for the coverage appointment."

"Understood..."

Hyuna shot me a triumphant look as they left the restaurant.

"Gracious, my younger brother is just never honest with himself."

"Did you do that in front of Joongie on purpose Hyun Joong?" Marsha asked.

"Giving a present to Jiyoon?" Hyun Joong asked innocently.

What does he mean?

"I'm sure he could only see that as a declaration of war,"Marsha adds.

"Mm, maybe you are right," Hyun Joong said, looking a bit distress.

"For someone who goes out of their way in business to get everything they want in a way that never fosters resentment from others.. How could you be so clumsy and impatient when it comes to love?"

"It hurts when you put it that way," Hyun Joong said softly.

"Or is it because you have an adorable younger brother for a rival?"

Marsha, Jae Joong thinks nothing of me...After a little more chatting, I got a ride home from Hyun Joong

 

"Thank you so much for today. You even gave me such a valuable gift..."

"Really, dont worry about it. I gave it to you because I wanted to, that's all."

Ugh, blurting things out like that casually is another thing in common he shares with his brother....

"About what Marsha said.."

Does he mean the stuffs about liking me?

"I'm not worried about it! Marsha was pretty drunk..."

"To have that said to me so bluntly complicates it a bit but....as Marsha says Jiyoon, I think...I think I'm attracted to you."

o.0

"And I think its the same for Joongie as well. I'm his brother, I can tell these things."

But Jae Joong said he doesnt think anything of me..........

"I'm almost certain to back down again though I dont know what Joongie will do."

"Hyun Joong..." I dont know what to say to him. I cant think straight.

"Sorry, maybe I'm a little drunk. Have a good night."

I saw off Hyun Joong to his car and stepped into the apartment foyer......

 

"Pink diamond? From Hyun Joong?" Nicole asked.

I nodded in silence.

"OMG! No one gives a present like this to a girl they think nothing of!"

"I wonder about that too..but Hyun Joong is a gentleman, after all."

"So what if he's for real? Who does your heart lean toward, Jae Joong or Hyun Joong?"

"I  would be flattered if Hyun Joong chose this because he felt the way you say,"I confessed. "But its also a fact that I felt terrible when I saw Jae Joong getting along with Hyuna."

"And what's Jae Joong  trying to do? You came back with that big bouquet of blue roses just recently. He gave it to you as a present right?"

"No," I said sadly. "I just got excited for them all on my own and he just bought it for me. Besides, the two of them are too famous. I bet they're only bothering someone like me because I'm a normal girl with no real worth, something rare for them..."

"Dont call yourself worthless! You're a great person Jiyoon. You're a hard worker! You got your dream of becoming an editor and now you're throwing your heart and soul into it!"

"Am I?"

"Its got nothing to do with being a celebrity or a regular person. Everybody loves hardworking girls like you!"

Then they must love you too, Nicole."

"Of course they do!"

I am happy to hear that Nicole sees me that way...

"Jiyoon, why are you crying?"

"I'm just happy.... so much has happened lately, maybe talking to you has been a relief...."

"You know I'll listen if you're willing to talk to me about it. You dont have to swallow it all alone.""

"Yeah, thanks...."

"Though I should say you've got no place being depressed with two celebrity brothers both attracted to you!"

"Oh, come on!"

"Ahaha, just kidding."

That night, I stayed up late and spend time talking to Nicole......

 

This is a picture from when Jae Joong and I went on a date... I didnt think that was still in the digital camera. 

I stopped my copy writing.

That was so fun...He kissed me, took me out on a date and gave me a bouquet of flowers....

I've been thinking of it that way this whole time.....

But apparently, it meant nothing to Jae Joong at all..

"Man, I'm so worn out from worrying too much," I lamented.

" What are you talking about?" Chief editor asked, suddenly appearing before me

"Sir....Um....I've just hit an impasse in my copy."

"I see, then worry away Bang your head against a wall while you're young and you'll grow from it."

"I supposed so. This is another form of experience right?"

"Exactly.You are really positive, you know. By the way, about your searial coverage on KIm Jae Joong."

"Yes?"

"Word has it that he's gotten an offer to take part in a Hollywood movie after he finishes his movie filming. Which means he'll be going between America and Korea soon."

Hollywood? That's fantastic for Jae Joong! But that ,eans my serial coverage will be.....

"So we'll have one more installment before Kim Jae Joong's photography coverage comes to an end."

"Thats so sudden," I said dejectedly.

"Yeah, I'd been hoping to do more as well."

" I see...so there are two more installments including this one?"

"That's right. A lot has happened, but Jae Joong took a liking to you and did all this for us gladly and you worked hard too.."

Thats true. Jae Joong doesnt think anything of me but that doesnt mean he hates me either. 

I still have plenty of happy memories.

"The final installment is planned to take up 10 pages at the front of the issue....So give it all you've got with highlights from all your best straight shots and private shots!!"

"Understood!"

Two more installments left... Jae Joong isnt just a pretty face the way the media paints him.

I will do my best to show that appeal!!!!

 

"Mm, two installments to go huh?"Nicole asked in a sad tone.

"So I mean to throw every ounce of strength I have into the last installment!"

Ringggggg!

"Its from Jae Joong..."

"What should I do? I guess I should answer it."

"Of course you should! If you dont, he'll come to the door again! Though I'd still give him a warm welcome."

Then those paparazzi might go at him again..I have to gather my courage and answer this!

Beep.

"H-hello?"

"Hey Jiyoon.."

"Hmmmm...."

"You at home right now? Come out for a second."

"What?"

"I'm in Gangnam right now!"

Jae Joong sounds so cheerful...I dont think I've ever heard him like this..

"Hold on a minute...I cant go..."

"Huh, why not?"

"I told you, no more private contact..."

"Just come ok. I'll wait till you come okay?"

"But that's not....."

Is Jae Joong drunk?

He hungs up.....

"Get going,"Nicole urged.

"But...."

"Get out there and put your own feelings out in the open."

"My own feeling?" I debated with myself...I should tell Jae Joong what I felt. Its up to him to reject me but at least I had mustered the courage to tell him about my feelings for him.....

"Yeah,I will...I will be back!"

I bolted out of the house as if Nicole words had prodded me out.

 

He said to wait in this hotel lobby right?

"Jiyoon!"

Upon spotting me, Jae Joong ran right up to me.....

And......

Squeeze......

I was shocked. 

I was suddenly being embraced and pinned in place......