Epilogue 3 - JaeYoon Last Chapter

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

I havent heard from Jae Joong since then..

I guess it would be best if I apologized....

"Hey Jiyoon , your mobile phone has been ringing for a while now."Hoya, one of the male editors said.

I broke out from my daze,"What!? Oh, thank you!"

I pick up the call. "Hello, Jiyoon here."

"Ah, Jiyoon? Havent you finished work yet?"Boa asked me.

"Boa! I'll be finished soon."

"We're all going out for drinks tonight, I was hoping you'd like to come with us?"

"Eh?"

If I'm being completely honest, I dont really want to see Boa right now....

But oh, thats right. Its her birthday soon...

On top of that , Boa is an important client snd she has made a lot of concessions for me...

"Yes, I would love to."

"I'm glad! We'll be meeting at...."

And if Jae Joong wasnt in my life, I think I would really like Boa.

"Okay I'll head there as soon as I finish work."

"Come soon! I'll be waiting for you!"

I should get her a birthday present....

They do say that you should get someone something you would like to receive yourself....

Rrringgg....

"Another call.....Oppa...?"

What should I do? Should I apologize? I need to at least answer.......

"H-hello?"

"Hey..."

"I-Its good to hear from you.."

"Have you finished work?"

"I just finished now. I'm about to go to Boa's hotel. She'd invited me for drinks. I thought I might get her a present before I go..I hear that it's her birthday soon."

Oh, Jae Joong might know what kind of things she likes.....

"What do you think I should get her?"

"Booze."

"What!?"

"She drinks like a fish, practically an alcoholic. Just get her the potent stuff on the shelf."

I sighed. "There is no way she'll appreciate that. You're useless."

"If you have the time to go buy that Amazon princess a present, you can spare some time to meet me."

"Amazon princess.......?'

Meet with him? Does that mean he'd come with me to buy Boa's present?"

I dont think I could go shopping with the one I love to buy their fiance a present....

"Its fine. I'll think of something."

"H-hey..Listen to me!"

"Bye."

I hung up on him....

I just dont have the courage to discuss about Boa to Jae Joong right now..

Since when did I become so pessimistic?

"I'll find her the sweetest gift and raise my own spirit at the same time!" I nod to myself. "Yes, indeed! I shouldnt be worried about my own love life right now and Boa is a valuable client! "

I really dont know what to get her....

"Should I follow Jae Joong's advice and get her alcohol...?"

Its a bit weird but some champagne dressed up in nice wrapping could work.

"I'll go with that. And make sure there is plenty of emphasis put on the wrapping."

Or but wine or Sake?

I contemplated as I left the office.

 

I stood at the entrance of the meeting place.

We're coming here to drink ?

This isnt a place where you can have a small, quiet drink....

Could it be that this is Boa's birthday party.

"Whoa, there are balloons everywhere!"

Huh, hold on a minute....

These are the same balloons as Jae Joong and I saw at the balloon shop on our date that time.....

"Oi,"

'Aah!'

"Why are you yelling?"

"Oppa! I didnt expect to see you here.........And these balloons...."

Is this.......?

"You only noticed? You told me ages ago how much you wanted them."he said.

"I was invited here by Boa...So why are these balloons...."

"Jiyoon! You came!" Boa said happily.

"Oh, hello Boa. So today is..?"

"Well, it was supposed to be our engagement party but isnt that just ridiculous? Its odd having that kind of party just because our parents think we should marry. A party is where everyone should have a good time,"Boa explained. "So I quickly changed it into my birthday party."

"That's why I asked her to invite you,"Jae Joong said.

"Hey! I would have invited her anyway even if you hadnt asked,"Boa talks back.

"Excuse me......"

I dont understand...

They both kept arguing with each other .

I was totally ignored.

"And then you went and organized all these balloons just for Jiyoon...when its supposed to be my birthday party..."

Boa sighed envily. "You truly do only have eyes for her."

"You be quiet."he said to Boa.

He then took a heart shaped balloon and handed it to me.

"For me?"

"What other reason would I have for getting these many balloons?"

But...This is....

"Are you crying again?"

I took the balloon from him. "N-no..I'm not..."

"Well, I did that just to keep your face looking like that,"he teases.

I nudged him with my shoulder. "If I do cry, its your fault..."

"You look adorable when you cry,"he whispered teasingly.

"Honestly,"I said in exasperation.

But I'm happy....Jae Joong is always thinking of me....

"Oppa.. Thank you, I..."

"Its fine, I was in the wrong. I had no idea you were that worried about it. And I started to fret after you didnt call."

"I felt so awful after upsetting you and then you stormed out..I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I should have cared more about your feelings. "

"Of course you should, you are far too self centered. Go study more about a young maiden's heart." Boa butts in. She held the champagne in one hand and batted at Jae Joong with the other.

My ring of friends was growing........

"Tch.."Jae Joong snickered at Boa.

"But I think I was being too self depreciative,"I decided to stand up for him. "Because you're such a wonderful person Oppa. And Boa is amazing. I thought I wasnt good enough for you...."

"I am completely aware within myself just how much I am in love with you,"Jae Joong said as he hugs me. "I really dont care what my parents try to pull...But I am sad because you dont understand how I truly feel about you."

I hug him back tightly. "No, that's true. I have complete faith in you, I just dont have confidence in myself."

"Silly, If you need proof that you are good enough to be with me, just know that you are because I love you."

"Yes, all my negative thoughts disappeared when I saw these balloons.Because they show exactly how much you love me."

"That's right."

Jae Joong cupped my face and nuzzled his nose on mine,"Your face is bright red. If you're going to get embarrassed you shouldnt say it at all. Its more embarrassing for me."

"Sorry...I just didnt expect you to agree with me so openly.."

"Because its the truth."

We looked at  each other lovingly .

"Er hemmmm...."

We both turned to look at Boa.

"Okay guys, I'm breaking up this love scene right niow. Have you forgotten who the star of the show is today?"

"Oh, happy birthday, Boa!"I said, blushing. I tried to push Jae Joong away but he wouldnt let go of me.I didnt wanna let go too so I stopped struggling.

'Thank you! I cant wait to see your magazine with my products that we worked on together on the shelves, Jiyoon. I hope we have the opportunity to work together again."

"Me too! Oh, but..."

"Hmmm?"

"This was suppossed to be your engagement party wasnt it? But is it really okay to turn it into a birthday party instead?"

"Ah, not to worry. My mom is a bit pissed off but my dad is totally on my side."

"She's a daddy girl. He'll do anything for her,"Jae Joong adds. "He's ecstatic that the arranged marriage fell thru."

"We cant really discuss it openly before our mothers yet though, but daddy's face lit up when I suggested changing it to a birthday party instead"

"I think I might feel the same if you were my daughter,"I said.

"Look, that ice carving is a gift from my daddy!"

I look to where Boa pointed out. On the table, admist the gorgeous catering, stood an overly conspicuous ice sculptureof a carriage. Wow, its just like the

Cinderella's carriage.So pretty and princess-like feeling.

"Its so pretty. So princess like. Suit for a princess like you,"I gushed.

"Aww, you're too kind."

"Far too kind. This girl is your average alkie,"Jae Joong teased.

"Hey!"Boa said, sending him killer look. "But Jiyoon is just like a cinderella."

"Cinderella...?"

"Yes. You're the Cinderella of Cinderella editorial department ! You have found your prince in Joongie and now are shining brighter than ever before! Although, I think I might want to marry you myself, Jiyoon.'

"Whaat??"

Jae Joong tighten his hold on me,"Hey now! She's mine. I wont let you have her!"

"You're no fun. I swear when it comes to Jiyoon, you forgot how to take joke,"she commented.

Jae Joong cant keep up with Jiyoon.

"We should take a photo with these balloons in the background while we have the chance,"Boa suggested.

"That's a good idea. Would you mind if we put the photo in the next edition of Cinderella?"

"Of course not! It m,eans advertising for me. I would like that to happen as well."

"I'm sure that would make my Chief Editor very happy."

"You two really do operate on the same page,"Jae Joong told us.

"Well, I just love Jiyoon's positive outlook on life. She's full of ideas and never says something cant be done."

"She says it often enough to me...."

"Thats because she wants you to be there for her."

"It would be an issue if I wasnt"

I worry about so many things and think a bit too much..But times like this make it all worth it....

Several days later a photo of us surrounded by baloons adorned the back page of my magazine.

 

I was so busy with that special feature, its been a while since I visited Jae Joong at his home...

"Have you kept in touch with Boa since then?"

"Yes. We talked about how we want to do something together. But Boa is busy at the moment and I have a bit of work to do myself, so we dont have any immediate plans."

Jae Joong looks at me with a sad face," If you have time for her, you should be able to make more time for me."

I patted his head. "Haha..Aww, you sound just like a little kid who wants attention."

He smiles at me. "There's nothing wrong with showing a softer side once in a while."

What is that piled up over there...?

"Are those...copies of Cinderella?"

And thery're all ones with the Cathy's freebie! How many are there?"

"Did you really bought all these?"

"I told you I would."

"So you did huh...It has Boz on its cover. Do you really love her that much?"

"You.....Do I need to come and shut your mouth for you?"

Jae Joong towered over me!

"Hmm...It was just a joke!"

He put his arm around my waist,"I'll show you exactly how much I love you ."

"I already know...." I tried to struggle free but he tighten his hold on me.

"Not well enough. I think I need to tell your body just how much you mean to me ."

We jokes around with each other, exchanging happy kisses.

It would perhaps be some time before I would find the self confidence I needed....

But I could take my time with Jae Joong.....

Until the day when everyone we meet will say how perfectly we are for each other.

I held that conviction into Jae Joong's smiling face......

END OF CHAPTER................