Chapter 7 - JaeYoon Couple

Seduced in Sleepless City Vol 1

I've taken so many pictures . When I am with Jae Joong, I never seems to lack for material.

"Ah,this one is from when we went to the hot spring...." He looked so innocent while he was splashing me with water.

"Jiyoonie, is that the materials on Kim Jae Joong?" Nicole asked.

"Ah yes, these are the pictures I took."

She began flipping thru each pictures.

"Ohhh, a hot bath? OMG! I am so jealous. Oh wow, he's got nice abs. I WANT TO DO CLOSE COVERAGE WITH KIM JAE JOONG TOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

"When i was covering him, I had to spend half of the day getting picked on...."

"If its Kim Jae Joong, I'd let him get away with anything..... everything !"

I guess thats every girl's dream.

"Oh yeah. Here's the front cover data from when you helped out earlier."

Ah, Hyuna's on the front cover and that's the outfit that I laid out.

"How about the title color? Which one of these two do you like more?" Nicole asked.

"Hmm, let's see. Since Hyuna is wearing this color... "

Wow, this is the issue I worked so hard on. And Hyuna is on the front cover. I guess she is really popular.

"So what's your next story gonna be?"

"Well, lately he and his friends have been hanging out in the casino's a VIP room, so I've been told to come there."

"Sweet. You're getting cool access out of this. I too want Kim Jae Joong to tell me to come and meet him somewhere!"

Everyone has been acting so jealous of me lately. Yeah I know I had the best assignment. I found myself looking intently at his shots.

 

 

Jae Joong told me to come at this time . But will everyone be there?

"Excuse me," I said and bowed upon entering the room. I saw Bang Yong Guk. 

Hmm, the others arent here yet?

 

 

"Good evening. Thanks for helping me out before", I said as I took a seat opposite side of him. He looks at me, as if he was studying me.

 

He's as closemouthed as ever. I get the feeling he'd never say more than a few words at once. Oh, there is a drink in his hand. Champagne?

Woof Woof! Huh, a dog?

Oh, there is a black poodle near Yong Guk. Its huge! Come to think of it, Ive heard that purebreed pooles are really big.

"May I pet it?"

"Its not my dog." He finally spoke.

"Oh really? He seems to be attached to you."

"Its Joongie's." I was surprised.

"Ralph."

E-English?

Woof. Ralph barked upon hearing his name being mentioned. It wagged its tail happily.

So thats its name. "So its name is Ralph and Jae Joong has been keeping him?"

He's gone tight-lipped again.

But that must be right, if he's not denying it.

"Your English enunciation is really nice. Zelo spoke a little about you before."

"You know Zelo?" he asked in surprise.

I nodded. "We met at the party."

The conversation's dying.

Click.

"Sorry, I am late", Lee Joon said. "Hm? Oh, its just you and Yong Guk."

Oh, its Lee Joon. Thank god he came. He is easy to talk to.

"Um, thanks for looking after me at the party. I'm Jeon Jiyoon from Cinderella editing department."

"Jeon Jiyoon? Ah the one with Joongie."

"Ah yes, been observing him for a story. Thats what I am here for today."

"I see."

Someone came inside the room. "Ah, Yong Guk and Joonie, you're here."

"Good evening Hyung Joon," I said with a slight bow.

"Miss Jeon. My brother told me that you'd be present."

"I should apologise for intruding on everyone when you all should be enjoying yourselves."

Hyun Joong smiles at me. "Not at all. If Joongie invited you here its because he wanted you here. You're more than welcome."

"Its not like I really wanted her here or anything. I'm just giving her material,"Jae Joong stepped into the room behind Hyun Joong.

Patter patter patter!

Looks like Ralph made a mad dash for his owner!

"You must have a wonderful master", I commented.

"How'd you know it was my dog?" he asked casually.

"Yong Guk told me. He also told me his name is Ralph."

"Oh really? Its a rare day when Yong Guk talks to anyone outside of our group", Hyun Joong commented.

Everyone looks so sleek, it feels hard to approach anyone. But now that a dog is in the picture, it just makes them look cute.

"For some reason, this dog likes Joongie more than me," Hyung Joon added.

"Is that right? It does seems like Ralph really likes Jae Joong."

"Thats because I like dogs and poodles are my favourite."

"Why is that ?"

"They feel nice and are relaxing to be around. Needless to say, a great cuddle buddy."

"Now that you mentioned it, Joongie has always been a poodle enthusiast," Lee Joon said.

"He's even been called a poodle breeder in his circle,"Hyun Joong informs. "He kept nothing but poodles since he was a child."

"Wow." He does seem to adore Ralph. I should get a shot of that.

"What about you?" Jae Joong posed that question to me.

"I like them both cats and dogs."I answered. "Like a dog that acts capricious or a cat that comes running when you call."

"Do those even exist?"

"You two have really hit it off in hardly any time at all eh" Hyun Joong teases.

Jae Joong clicked his tongue, annoyed. "How so? Anyway, where is Yoochun and Zelo?"

"They've been hooked on the Baracats in the casino below. Apparently, they are good it."

"They look like opposites but those two have been joined at the hip for a while now, havent they?"Lee Joon comments.

"Well, how about a toast with Jiyoon in here?"Hyun Joong suggest.

I raised a toast between the two brothers.

"Jiyoon, please dont be shy to order anything you like. Its on the house."

Oh, Hyun Joong is calling me by my name ^^ "Thank you but I couldnt possibly eat this much."

"In that case, I'll serve you whatever you want. What would you like?"

"Oh, thanks Hyun Joong. You're pretty good at this."

He laughs. "Its all part of working at a hotel."

This from the person who just opened a huge casino and is called the prince of finance. He's so modest.

"What?"Jae Joong said, looking sour.

"I didnt say anything."

"I bet you were thinking of how opposite my brother and I are again."

"I said that because you're always pushy and dictating the pace, while Hyun Joong is calm and mature," I said that in a matter of fact.

"What do you think my brother is? No matter how he looks in your eyes, he still likes cheap junk food like a kid"

"You shouldnt make light of cheap things."

"Cheap things?"

"He keeps his CEO office desk drawer stocked with gummies, peppero,choco pie and matdongsan and stuffs like that. He turns his nose up at Godiva (famous chocolate brand) and says that he'd rather eat chocolate bars from the supermarket."

"Didnt he order some Melona popsicles back in Switzerland?" Lee Joon said reminiscing the past.

"He sure did," Jae Joong agreed. "He ordered the melon flavor but they sent him other flavour by mistake. He sent them to everyone's room and made us finish them,"

"Look, popsicles have to be melon......," he said looking upset. "Could you possibly know the sense of despair that hit me when I got the wrong flavour ones?"

"I remembered the strange look on Yong Guk's face when he ate one," Lee Joon said with a laugh.

"Ohh. Thats right. You were all friends in boarding school in Switzerland right?"

"Yeah, and my bother was the RA."

"RA in the name only of course but I still snuck out at night."

"He invited me a lot," Lee Joon said.

"You invited Joonie and Yong Guk all the time didnt you,"Jae Joong adds.

Hyun Joong nodded.

"They were closer to my age. Yong Guk is the kind of guy, you couldnt leave alone for a second or he'd wander off at the drop of a hat."

"What. Were you his guardian Hyung?"

"It certainly felt that way, even for now."

"Still, I never thiught you'd be into simple sweets Hyun Joong."

"I get that a lot from everyone. My secretary always makes this face when she's restocking my desk junk food stash," he confessed.

"Do you like street food too?"

His face light up. " I love it, it takes me back to my childhood."

"There's a street food bar in Yongsan. You can snack on that stuff while drinking. My magazine did a feature on it. I can give you the details later if you like."

"I had no idea such a place existed!"

"I thought I told you about it before," Jae Joong told him.

"Hmm, did you?"

"We must have both gotten busy and forgotten about it."

He looked at me with hopeful eyes, like the cat from Shrek. " Jiyoon, I'd love to go with you to that place."

"Oh of course, if you'll have me."

"Would you care to join us Joongie?"

"No thanks. You two go on."

"What you wont go Jae Joong?"

"Their seats are uncomfortable and I dont fancy eating street food."

Oh, for god sake. He's getting that tone again.

"Well Jiyoon, would you mind showing me sometime?"

"S-sure."

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Yes, I am."

It'll be pretty tense being alone with Hyun Joong. But he has been looking after me so the least I could do is to show him the place.

 

 

"And then? And then?" Nicole asked excitedly.

"And then? Well, thats all about it," I said.

"So Jae Joong wont be joining you at the street food bar?"

"No, but I was sure he'd invite himself along." I was kinda disappointed. Nicole offers me a slice of apple.

"Well, do you think he might be deferring to his brother Hyun Joong?"

"What? No way," I said while munching.

Though Jae Joong's expression when he was talking about his older brother did pique my interest.

"First Kim Jae Joong the celebity invites you to a hot spring. Then Kim Hyun Joong, the Prince of Finance has you him to snack food bar? Geez, I am sooooo jealous!"

"Nicole, you're being too loud. Our neighbours might hear us!"

"But its so cool, I wanna work on stories like that too!"

"You know, when you called me the other day. You were yelling like you are now and Jae Joong heard it all next to me."

Nicole's eyes widen. "What? No way! Oh my god, i feel so embarrassed!"

Beep beep! "Oh, its from Jae Joong."

"No way! Hurry up and get it!"

"Okay okay." I answer the call.

"Hey, its me."

"I know."

"You'd mind if I give my brother your mobile number?"

"Thats kind of awkward to ask."

"Why?"

"Well, I mean ~ That means Hyun Joong would call me right?"

"Yeah, of course he would."

"I have no idea what I could even talk about on the phone with him. It makes me nervous."

"You never have any trouble talking to me."

"But you're different. I guess its because you're easy to talk to."

"Whatever else the case may be. I am definitely not interested in acting as your go-between okay?"

"A go-between? Thats not it.

"Are you really not coming with us?"

"Mmm well, I might join you if I can squeeze it in. See you later." He hung up.

"He sounds so y over the phone," Nicole said dreamily.

Its started to feel natural talking to him like this over the phone. But thats bound to end someday. Its kind of hard to imagine that now. Those were my thoughts as I watched Nicole freak out .........

 

Text received ~ Do not stand my brother up. I think he's been looking forward to this. Later -Jae Joong Oppa