The Date

Uptown Woman

Another week rolled and it was Saturday. Hara brushed her long hair neatly to the back and looked at her reflection again. Dressed in black together with a pair of golden heels, she must say she looked undeniably good.

There’s not a lot of times when she would stand in front of a mirror and complimented herself. And this time, she must say she’s satisfied with her look. Her long eyelashes were blacker and thicker because she putted on some mascara. She also putted on a natural make-up with brownish eye-shadow. To perfect her appearance, she put on a red lipstick that complement her fair skin. (I don’t do make up so I couldn’t actually imagine that. Maybe in the future; but let’s see about it later.)

Her elegant, black dress flowed prettily until her ankle, showing her golden heels. She outdid herself, but she must say a big thank you to her best friend, Jessica, who managed to give her all that.

“Just be the princess for the night. You don’t get to do it everyday, honey.” Was Jessica’s quote that she still remembered until now.

“Enjoy yourself and no matter how many times you said you hate party, we both know you actually love it.” Tiffany had told her while enjoying her red wine.

Hara could only smile at her reflection. So much for having friends like those two. They understood her like she did to them, and the feeling was much less fabulous.

It’s great to have someone understand you.

The doorbell rang snap her out of her daze. Almost hurriedly she took her black, fluffy coat (yes, Jessica lent her that too), and her long strip Channel black bag.

A surprise face of Yong Junhyung came to her sight as she opened the door. The surprise was soon changed into a satisfied face, with a hint of proud and bliss.

“You outdid yourself.” Junhyung muttered excitedly.

“No, I don’t.” It was either humble or sarcastic comment.

“Oh hell yeah you do!” Junhyung said. “You ready, my lady?” He extended his arm out for her to intertwine with.

After locking her apartment door, she took his arm. I’ll play my princess well and enjoy the night. She smiled as he brought her to his black, sleek, sport car.

 

 

 

 

 

“This is my date, Miss Goo Hara.” Junhyung said to every people they met, and Hara was thankful she wasn’t using any blush-on. If she was, then her face would be like tomato right now.

Junhyung was grinning from ear to ear, seemingly satisfied that he brought her with him. She was graceful, lady-like; the type of girl that you wouldn’t be embarrassed to get out with. She was all smiles every time he introduced her to somebody. She was grateful that she had accepted his offer to come with him. It was nice, knowing him more and all. He was also different from what she had first thought of him.

Apparently he was a joker, and although often came off playing rather as a cool and uncaring person, he was caring and thoughtful of others. He was sarcastic, and nothing can change that. Hara just noticed that his sarcasm was really something good. He used it at the right time and for good reason.

"Do you enjoy the night?" He asked.

"It's not bad." She replied, sipping on her red wine.

They were standing on the balcony, just the two of them, enjoying the night view.

"You look really beautiful tonight, have I mentioned it?" Junhyung asked, grinning playfully.

"Nope. You told me I outdid myself." Hara giggled, slightly drunken.

Junhyung beamed brightly. "I've never really paid any attention to woman before," He said, turning his face forward and looking at the night sky. "But you're different."

Hara tilted her head to the side, looking at his side profile. "How do I look different?"

"Not how you look, silly. It's just something. I don't know but from the start, I felt something different about you." He curled his lips to a side. "You attracted me in a way no other girls did."

"Seriously?" She slured. "How?"

"You reject me." He let out a chuckle.

"...right." She turned her face and looked forward, playing with the wine inside the glass by moving the glass in circle.

"It was unbelievable, actually, but although you're not the first to do that, there's something different. You just looked so real and looked like if you didn't avoid me, something bad will happen to you. It's just a feeling that I want to show you, that I'm not a bad omen."

Hara giggled. "You're so weird. What kind of thinking was that? Why would you think so?" She said.

He looked at her from the side and raised an eyebrow. "Then why did you do it?"

"Avoid you?" She asked. "It was because you kissed me on the first night we met and it was weird okay? Your appearance screamed danger to me."

"See? You avoided me like an omen. Like a danger."

"I mean in ual way, stupid." Hara slured. "I've not experienced any of - whatever it was, but I wouldn't want to try anytime soon."

"Awww." Junhyung pretended to regret hearing it.

She giggled again.

"But...when I find someone special... I might will do that..." Hara drowsily said as she fell to the side, leaning against Junhyung.

Junhyung looked at the sleeping girl in his arms and soft smile curled on his face. "You're so beautiful, Hara. I hope I'm the lucky one."