In The Bar On Friday Night 3

Uptown Woman

“So as I was saying, the bureau sent me the hit list.” Junhyung said nonchalantly.

“My god,” Hara gasped.

“I was one of their best sniper, and before I was let off, they gave me that one last task. The hardest one in my life, but I managed to do it!” He said proudly.

“And they let you off?”

“The bureau stayed with their words, although it was hard. They were like telling me to think twice or more, but I was persistent. I said, ‘I wanted to start something new. I don’t want to stay and kill people. I wanted to be someone who can influence the world and someone to be proud of. Killing people obviously wasn’t in the list.’” He said, deep in thought and Hara looked at him in admiration.

“I still couldn’t believe it.” Hara shook her head, a chuckle escaped her lips.

“I know. Not many people believes that a sniper could become a CEO. I know.” He grinned.

Hara shot a look at his arrogance. “Seriously? When I’m giving out my admiration and you broke it like that?”

He just smiled and told Siwon to fill up his drink. “So, what time am I going to pick you up?”

“Well, what time does the party start?”

“Around eight I guess.” He replied.

“Pick me up at seven. Seoul’s traffic is amazing.” Hara said sarcastically.

She knew where the party was held and if there’s no traffic, they would reach there in thirty minutes, but based on the traffic that was already well-known, it was much better to go sooner than later.

He shook his head in amusement. “Something I know would come out from your mouth, Miss Goo.”

“Of course, Mr. Yong.” Hara smiled sardonically. “Another glass? I’ll pay for yours; since it’s your first time here.”

“Oh no, Miss Goo. Let me pay yours. After all, I’m the guy.” He said as he pulled his wallet out and took out a few crisp bills.

Hara’s jaw dropped. “That’s too much!” She protested.

“It’s on the house sir.” Siwon waved his hand dismissively. “Since you’re Hara’s friend. But only for today.”

Junhyung smiled. “Thanks for the offer, but I guess I’m still paying. She’s either going to nag you or me if we do both anyway.”

Siwon smiled back. “Well, that’s true.”

Hara shot a dagger to her friend. “That’s very kind of you.” She snarled.

“Quite a temper you have,” Junhyung shook his head. “But loveable.”

Hara scowled at him.

“Do you want a lift?” Junhyung asked her.

“No thanks. I’m taking my car.”

“Well, I was hoping you don’t bring yours.” Junhyung gave a lopsided grin. “Oh well, since you do, I can’t make you to do another way, can I?”

“You know already.” She shot him a look.

He laughed and ruffled her hair. She scowled again and pushed his hands away.

“Don’t touch me, Mr. Yong!”

He only continued to laugh and said, “Well, goodbye Miss Goo. I hope to seeing you again.” Then he leaned closer to her ear and whispered, “And don’t stay up too late at night.”

He smiled for the last time and waved, leaving Tiffany and Siwon astounded.

“My eyes must’ve been playing trick on me.” Tiffany gaped.

“Mine too.” Siwon said robotically.