Stalker

Uptown Woman

“He drove you home?” Hara asked as she took the letter opener from a drawer in the kitchen and brought it to the living room.

“Hmm, yes, he did.” Jessica replied with a stoic expression. She was lazing around in Hara’s apartment on Sunday, and enjoying the ice shaved with chocolate syrup made by Hara herself.

“Chill, woman. He’s not here.” Hara nudged Jessica’s cheek and Jessica scowled at her. Hara sat down on the carpeted floor and began to check her mails.

“Anything new?” Jessica asked, interested as she leaned forward to see a bunch of unopened mails on piling on the coffee table. “Whoa, you seriously need some times to take care of these. What if one is very important?”

“Then I’ll have to take care of it later.” Hara replied casually. She took a mail and putted it aside. Most of the mails crumpled in her mail-box would be advertisement, and she hated it.

She finally decided to just check the mails on Sunday. While brushing through the mails, she found one that was different than others.

It was enveloped in pink; while mostly others being enveloped in white or brown. She had a feeling what would this be. Hesitantly she ripped open the mail and found a letter inside. Her hands began to shake and she opened the letter shakily.

Jessica, who noticed Hara’s sudden change, immediately charged forward.

“What’s wrong?” She asked worriedly, glancing at Hara’s pale face.

Hara wordlessly gave her the pink letter and Jessica’s eyes went wide.

“Oh my God, is it him?” Jessica asked in disgust, the feeling to throw up clench tight in her stomach. She could really throw up any minutes.

She read the letter and she felt a lump in .

 

I missed you Hara. I really do. I want you back. Let’s get back together. You used to say you wouldn’t leave me. But then you did. Hara, please come back and be mine again. I love you, sweetie-pie, please give me another chance.

P.S : I’m not really fond of seeing you being touch by another man. You always know how to make me jealous, don’t you? Well, tell him to back off okay? I don’t want to hurt anyone.

From the one who always love you,

H

 

Jessica shuddered and faked a puke. “Oh my God, he’s disgusting!”

“Don’t remind me.” Hara choked. She wanted to puke. Like now, right now. So she ran over to the bathroom and puked. She turned the faucet on and splashed her face with the clear water.

Jessica came a while later and helped her. “You okay?”

“With the letter?” Hara asked, her voice quivering.

“How many letters had it been?” Jessica asked softly, but solemnly.

“Around ten.”

“Around ten!” Jessica gasped. “How shameless he is!”

Hara nodded weakly.

“We should report him! Or we should call bodyguards agent. He’s dangerous.”

“He doesn’t hurt anybody or at least not yet. And his letter wasn’t that threatening. It was the thought of him wanting me back that disgusting. I can’t stand the sight of him. I don’t want to see him anymore. But he’s coming back! What am I going to do?” Hara bit her lower lips in fear.

Her phone vibrated and she went over to the coffee table to take her phone. She took it and found a new messages. She looked over from her shoulder to Jessica, who was furrowing her brows.

“What’s wrong?” Jessica came over and peered on the message. “Who was it?”

“I don’t know. An unknown number.” Hara whispered, and she opened the message.

Don’t bite your lips, it’s – xoxo H

Hara gasped and the phone fell on the carpeted floor.

“Oh my God, Hara! Be careful!” Jessica bent down to take the phone and her eyes widen when she saw the text messages. “Holy !” She gaped and quickly stood up, eyes wandering the room in wary. “He’s watching you.”

“I know…” Hara gulped. She never know how sick her ex-boyfriend was. Apparently it was extreme. “What am I going to do now?”

“I’ll call Tiffany. She’ll know what to do.”

Hara stopped Jessica before the latter went over to the house phone. “And Siwon too. It’s not safe for us girls only.”

Sensing Hara’s worries, Jessica comforted softly, “I’m staying tonight. You better prepare a great dinner for me.”

Hara smiled; but it didn’t reach her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“THAT SICK BASTARD!” Tiffany shouted angrily as she stomped over to the window and pulled the curtain close. “Don’t leave any curtains open at night or day. It’s dangerous.” Tiffany scolded as she went over to another window to close the curtain.

“How long has it been?” Siwon asked worriedly.

“Around a month or two I think.”

“But you two broke up almost years ago.” Siwon furrowed his brows.

“That’s why. I’m confused too.”

Siwon looked at Hara’s scared face and soften. “You know, how about you staying in one of the girls’ place for days? Until he won’t contact you anymore.” Siwon advised.

Tiffany nodded eagerly. “My place is opened for you.”

“I’m planning to stay here tonight.” Jessica butted in.

“Is that so? Then I’m staying as well!” Tiffany clasped her hand in finality.

Hara’s lips tugged up in a small smile. What had she done in her past life that she now has such a good friend? Two in fact. She stood up.

“Anyone wants drink?” She asked she made over her way to the kitchen.

The three other glanced at each other and stood up as well.

“I want wine.” Tiffany said.

“You have beer? I’ll have one.” Jessica sat on one of the bar tools.

“Orange juice please,” Siwon modestly replied.

Tiffany and Jessica shot him a look before laughing.

“So girly!” Jessica blurted. “I wasn’t so wrong in that ‘monthly gift’ comment after all.”

Siwon reddened. "Jessica Jung.” He said with threatening tone.

“Whoa guys. Stop.” Tiffany quickly sat in the middle of them. “Sica, seriously, stop making fun of him. I think it’s healthy not to drink alcohols.”

“You were laughing as well.” Jessica commented.

“But I don’t make the comment.” Tiffany shot her a look.

“Ugh, whatever—where’s my drink, Hara?” Jessica flipped her hair.

“Comin’!” Hara replied as she took out two small glasses and two wine glasses. She poured scotch and beer at the small glasses and wine and orange juice at the wine glasses.

She gave out the glasses and they enjoyed the drinks silently.

“Do you want me to stay tonight as well?” Siwon suddenly asked, aware of how dangerous it was even though there were three capable women.

He still couldn’t think of how to make sure it’s alright to leave them three alone. Obviously the three weren’t so capable in martial arts or any sorts of excessive fight. Maybe with claws and hair pulling, but with man? That wasn’t really effective.

“Ew—ert.” Jessica mocked.

Siwon threw a threatening look.

“No worries Siwon. I’ll be fine.” Hara smiled, thankful with his offer. “I don’t want to burden you even more.”

“Nonsense.” He waved his hand. “You’re my friend, Hara, of course I’ll help you.”

Hara smiled back. Her phone vibrated on her pocket and she reached out to take it. She slide the screen and tapped on the screen to open the new message.

I’m taking you out tomorrow. – Junhyung

Hara frowned. What’s with the sudden text?

And if I don’t want to? You’re going to force me?

She text him back and putted the phone on the table. She didn’t realize the three were looking at her as she sighed and frowned.

“…what’s wrong?” Tiffany questioned.

“Omg, don’t tell me it’s him again?!” Jessica shrieked.

Hara finally noticed them back and shook her head reassuringly. “It’s nothing to concern about.”

The phone vibrated again and she opened the new message.

 

Nope. But I’m kind of sure you’ll accept.

 

And why is that? You cocky bastard.

 

Because it will happen. And apparently you’re foul-mouthed woman. But it’s fine. I still like you.

 

Ugh. It’s New York, Mr. Yong, if you haven’t noticed. ‘Cocky bastard’ not a very bad words, I can tell you.

 

Oh well, Miss Goo, sure it's not. Everything you say will always be the truth for me.

 

Hara could tell Junhyung was smirking and winking at her if they were talking face-to-face. She decided to ignore the last text and putted the phone back to her pocket.

The three who were watching her secretly glanced at each other and putted on a weird smile.

“Who was that?” Jessica was the one who asked.

“Mr. Yong.” Hara replied, looking as if she didn’t care.

“Oooh. That Mr. Yong?” Tiffany giggled.

“I don’t think she know other Mr. Yong.” Siwon added.

Hara shot a look to each of them. “Why do I feel you guys were silently mocking me?”

“Oh, silly, we’re not mocking you. We’re happy for you.” Jessica smiled.

“Why is that?”

“You’re finally getting yourself a nice man!” Tiffany made a big whoop in the air.

Siwon chuckled and Tiffany noticed. She gave him eye-smiles. He cleared his throat and faced forward, afraid she might caught a hint of affection in his eyes. She frowned but didn’t say anything.

“Seriously guys?” Hara chuckled.

That evening they spent by having dinner in her apartment.