The Invitation

Uptown Woman

“I just almost have with that businessman!” Hara shouted over the phone, talking with Jessica.

“Is he cute?”

“A bachelor, I assumed not so old that us.” Hara said.

“Is he cute?”

“More to good-looking,” Hara said.

“Do you have with him?”

“Almost, but I stopped.”

“Why, honey?! It’s a stupid move!” Jessica yelled. “You are still a and you should have let him done what he should has! You know you’re getting older and older everyday.”

“Hush, I’m not that old yet! I am two years younger than you if you remember.”

“Honey, that didn’t make anything sounds right.” Jessica muttered.

“So, have you found any models for your designed?” Hara asked, changing the topic.

“Positive,” Jessica said. “But she is a new one at modeling and I’m quite want to kill myself because choosing her.”

“Does she bad?”

“She hasn’t even started!”

Hara rolled her eyes. “Then stopped complaining! How if she turns out to be the best out of the best and you are the first one found her? You know how amazing it is?!”

Jessica hesitantly answered, “…you’re right.” She clapped, “You make sense! You are amazing, Hara!” Then there was a silence before Jessica asked, “Weren’t we talking about that businessman?”

Crap! Hara thought. “Yeah, we were.”

“So, what did he call you?”

“He called me Hara and I remembered I haven’t let him say it yet.”

“Ow, he must’ve wanted to be close with you!”

“Not interested,” Hara said, laying down on the bed. “I’m going to sleep now!” She hanged up.

 

 

 

 

The next day, Hara wakes up early in the morning, prepare herself a cup of coffee before taking a bath and settling her stuff in the bag. Everything is fine, her works has done last night and she is really happy with the fact everything is going smooth. She then drinks her coffee after getting dress to work. As usual, on the way to work she stopped by the Starbucks and getting the coffee.

“You look so happy,” Se7en commented.

“And you looked overjoyed,” Hara said, taking the coffee.

“Of course I am!” He shouted in joy.

“What is it about now?” She asked, looked really curious with a smile on her face.

“I’m getting married.”

“Really? Who’s the lucky bride?!” She screamed as she was shocked. Never once she saw him with a girl, scratch that, a woman before.

“I have dated for about ten years and her name is Park Han-Byul,”

“Isn’t she…?”

“She is the model for our coffee shop,” Se7en flashed a smile.

“OMG, that was absolutely cool! You’re getting married!”

“Is that too shocking?” He frowned.

“Let’s bear with the fact, a lot of girls drooling over you but not once you pay attention to them and I thought you’re gay.” Hara confessed. “Well, yeah, I never see you with guys out too, actually, but well, anyway, congratulations, and I’m late to Narsha!” She waved to Se7en while running out from the coffee shop.

Hara walked faster to the company and quickly went to Narsha’s office. She isn’t here yet, great, Hara thought, putting down the coffee on Narsha’s table.

“You come early today,” Hyomin chatted, smiling to Hara.

“I have too, you know it,” Hara smiled back.

“How was the party?” She asked and the others start gathering around Hara’s table.

“I read the newspaper and it said the party was awesome,” Kikwang added.

“I was bored,” Hara confessed.

“The party was boring?” Hyomin asked, can’t believe what she heard.

“Well, not really, but I don’t know eighty-five percent people who attended the party and how was I supposed to feel happy when I’ve got nobody to talk to?” Hara explained.

“Narsha?” Hyomin asked again.

“Narsha was talking with other people. I couldn’t disturb her.”

“Ahem,” Narsha coughed and all of the dispersed. “Hara, the papers.”

“I’ve done it,” Hara said, handing the paper that has Junhyung’s stories inside.

“Hmm, not bad,” Narsha said after reading few paragraphs. “I need you to go to Mr. Yong’s company and handed him our fifth anniversary’s invitation.” Narsha said, giving the invitation letter.

“You have done the preparation?” Hara asked, wide-eyes. “It was like yesterday we just meeting about it.”

“And that’s why we need to do everything faster!” Narsha walked away to her office.

Hara looked down at the invitation letter that was written with gold color. “Shoot,” She sighed, hoping she won’t see him.