Continuous Flirting

Uptown Woman

Hara took a card under the stack of documents. It’s a confession later from Junhyung, as always.

Ever since he proclaimed that he would hit on her, he had been endlessly sending her flowers with mushy written card, calling and texting her every time he has the chance to and even trying to make Narsha forced her to go to a lunch with him.                

Gosh, everything he’d done for her.

Hara was understandingly stubborn with his never-ending love confession. Duh, which girl nowadays that still fall for this kind of love confession? And moreover, Hara is a renowned independent woman.

Independent woman usually hard to be cracked as they have a very tough shell to live on. They don’t lay on mushy things (sometimes maybe, girl is girl as always, but not that much).  

Hara put back the card and let out a deep sigh.

“Mail for Hara!” Hyomin giggled.

Hara rolled her eyes. Her co-workers have been teasing her about how she managed to get the most wanted bachelor’s heart. She wanted to puke when her friend told her that line. After that she made sure that she announced that she had NOTHING to do with him.

“He sure likes you very much.” Nicole commented, peeping the mail from behind Hara.

It was an inviting card, stating that Junhyung wanted Hara as his date for this particular ball somewhere in Seventh Avenue. She let out a sigh. “I don’t think so. He’s just playing because I’m not interested in him. He’s the type of guy, “the harder it is, the more interesting it is”.”

Hara talked as she went to the coffee room.

Nicole shrugged. “Well, I’m just saying for sure that the man has the hots for you.” She made a motion using her chin to outside.

Hara looked blank as she turned her head and looked outside the wide glass window. Her eyes turned large as saucers.

Just outside, Junhyung and five other boys were holding placard saying, ‘Will You Be My Date ?’. Junhyung was holding the ‘You’ placard and winked at Hara as if he knew that she was looking.

“Who is he winking at?” Hara unconsciously asked grumpily.

Nicole stifled a laugh as she glanced at Hyomin, who was doing the same with thing as Nicole.

Hara unfortunately heard them and shot a glare. “What were you two laughing about?”

“He was obviously winking at you,” Nicole teased. “Why would he wink at somebody else?”

Hara bit back a smile. She wondered why Junhyung did this. She had accepted his offer as his date, didn’t she? So what’s with all the commotion he was doing?

She didn’t realize she was staring at him until Nicole woke her.

“You know, if you keep staring at him like that, you’ll be drooling.” Nicole commented.

Hara huffed in annoyance before turning away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you want?” Hara crossed her arms, looking annoyed.

“A date with you, of course.” He purred. “I wanted to go on a date with you. Is that wrong?”

“Don’t you have something else better to do? You’re a CEO and you’re wasting your time here?”

“Can’t a CEO have a life too?” He teased.

“You can. But it’s better not to count me in.” She grumpily said.

“Well, unfortunately for you, I’ve counted you in since the first time I meet you.” He said, his eyes twinkling.

Hara averted her gaze away, heat creeping up her cheeks. She could feel her cheeks flushed because his words. Psh. Sweet-talker. "Well, haven't you gotten a date with me for your upcoming party?"

"I just wanted to make sure you remember." He said with a toothy grin.

"Now I remember." She scowled.

"Stop scowling, it doesn't suit you." He said.

"Well, I know well you don't suit me." She snarled with his words.

He rolled his eyes. "You sure don't know about me. When I find someone fit me, than it must be true. I'm always true in any ways." He arrogantly said, making Hara wanted to slap him.

"Think what you want." Hara snapped before turning to leave him.

"Don't forget our date! Next Saturday! I'll be driving you!" He shouted with a smile.

Hara rolled her eyes and puffed her cheeks in annoyance, but a ghost of smile appeared on her face.