Sneaking

Uptown Woman

Hara looked around.

She has arrived at Junhyung’s company, and she has already at the tenth floor, where Junhyung’s office are.

She took a deep sighed, and a woman asked her, “What are you doing here, Miss?”

Hara replied, “I—I came to give party invitation to Mr. Yong Junhyung,”

“Mr. Yong?” The woman asked, furrowed her eyebrows. “Well, Mr. Yong is not in his office. He is attending a meeting and might’ve done any minute.”

Hara just smiled. “Can I hand this invitation to you so you can give him? I still have some works to do,”

“I’m sorry. But I cannot help. Mr. Yong only lets his secretary to take care anything like this. I cannot help you.” The woman said in apologize tone and walked away.

Hara nodded in disappointment.

After a moment looking around, she caught a glimpse of his figure. She quickly squat down, and slowly move frontward while looking at the figure, who was walking faster with a woman behind him. As the figure out of sight, she lets out a relieved sighed.

But then;

“What are you doing here?” The voice she didn’t want to hear just echoing behind her.

Hara turned around and there he was, standing right behind her with wide-eyes. He seems surprised for who he saw because he thought that he had stated clearly that they won’t meet again.

But then, there she is, in half-standing, half-sitting position, looking around his office. He must’ve really surprised that he doesn’t even blink when she stood up, wiping her skirt to be neat.

“Am I dreaming?” He asked, not really expecting an answer, as if he scared that she will disappear in a second.

“Nope, I’m right here.” She finally spoke.

He smiled—nah, he grinned, “I thought you said we’re not going to meet ever again.”

“Just laugh, I know you would,” She said, avoiding eye-contact.

“What are you doing here?”

“Narsha told me to give you an invitation over out fifth company anniversary.” Hara explained.

“I’m sorry, Miss, but Mr. Yong—” His secretary spoke but Junhyung blurted in.

“My pleasure,” He smiled. “I’ll attend.”

“But, Sir—”

“I said I’ll go,” Junhyung glared at his secretary.

His secretary kept her head low and decided it’s better to stop talking.

“I don’t really expect you’ll be there, but I appreciate it,” Hara said, “Well, then, my mission cleared, I’ll be going back go my company.”

“Wait,” He stopped her.

All the workers look at them—well, he has never made public—affair.

“You forget one of your earrings at my apartment.” He grinned, walking away to his office.

She literally felt her jaw dropped. What the—? I didn’t leave anything at his apartment last night!! People are going to think otherwise, she thought frantically and run over to stop him.

“Wait!” She shouted and he turned around.

“Is there anything else you want to say, Miss Goo?”

“Yeah,” Hara said, paused for a moment. “The drinks,” She continued, “have my compliment.”

“Right,” He smirked, “When will you take back your earrings?”

“I didn’t leave anything, Sir.”

“But you were at my house,” He grinned as if he won a champion.

“For interviewing you, if you recall.” She said. “Goodbye, Sir, have a nice day,” And she walked away.

“Goodbye,” He muttered under his breath.